FTAO LEE STRAFFORD

Guest teeba

:ohmy:

That is an offence grammar and language. And I haven't even read it!

Sums up perfectly own sentiments! :laugh: :laugh:

how can Lee be accountable for the performance on the pitch?

are Peterborough or Plymouth asking for the board to be sacked? The only recent relegation that has been blamed on a Chairman is Mike Ashley at Newcastle for understandable reasons.

Lee has been open and honest from the word go. We have x amount to spend. our hands are tied by the co-op. The only money we can get for transfers comes from ST sales.

He has also said we have one of the lowest budgets in the championship. So its not surprising we are in a relegation dog fight.

I cant see how its Lee's fault that the players are not turning up and putting a shift in. He has nothing to do with footballing matters. I'm sure Laws or Irvine would be mighty pissed if he has poked his nose in the footballing side.

The only footballing thing he can be judged on is sacking laws and appointing Irvine. Here it may be debatable if these were the correct decisions in the grand scheme of things do you think if he had done something different we would be a million miles from where we are now?

Every step Strafford has made for the club is a positive one. Many of the unpopular decisions are out of his hands like ST prices match day ticket prices etc.

Ask yourself this, do you honestly beleive that if we get relegated Lee Strafford could of done something to stop it? If so please enlighten me.

how can Lee be accountable for the performance on the pitch?

are Peterborough or Plymouth asking for the board to be sacked? The only recent relegation that has been blamed on a Chairman is Mike Ashley at Newcastle for understandable reasons.

Lee has been open and honest from the word go. We have x amount to spend. our hands are tied by the co-op. The only money we can get for transfers comes from ST sales.

He has also said we have one of the lowest budgets in the championship. So its not surprising we are in a relegation dog fight.

I cant see how its Lee's fault that the players are not turning up and putting a shift in. He has nothing to do with footballing matters. I'm sure Laws or Irvine would be mighty pissed if he has poked his nose in the footballing side.

The only footballing thing he can be judged on is sacking laws and appointing Irvine. Here it may be debatable if these were the correct decisions in the grand scheme of things do you think if he had done something different we would be a million miles from where we are now?

Every step Strafford has made for the club is a positive one. Many of the unpopular decisions are out of his hands like ST prices match day ticket prices etc.

Ask yourself this, do you honestly beleive that if we get relegated Lee Strafford could of done something to stop it? If so please enlighten me.

Guest intercity0wl

Yes we was just as bad before, but he is making it worse.

Do you really believe that the wage budget was increased by 1.5m and still have a nob ibgger squad? If we had a £3.5 wage budget before, then we would have gone down with ease. There was an increase, but not £1.5m of an increase.

The man just makes promise after promise and delivers nothing.

Season ticket target 16,500? Reached? No.

Team target of being towards the play-offs? Reached? No.

Investment? Reached? No.

Deadline after deadline regarding different things - never reached.

Having a go at fans for not turning up.

Wow, i never ever thought of any of it like that, and never will to be honest.

He's only been here a relatively short time - what did the previous Chairman actually achieve in his time here, yet he seems to get less criticism than LS does for some inexplicable reason?

And more to the point, WTF are those dithering old farts in the boardroom doing? Some of those board members have been at this club for decades - If I was going to start blaming people off the pitch for our current plight then I would start with them first of all.

It's OK blaming them, but has anyone bothered to look and see if they're still alive, recently?.

Guest Briscoe Inferno

Yes we was just as bad before, but he is making it worse.

Do you really believe that the wage budget was increased by 1.5m and still have a nob ibgger squad? If we had a £3.5 wage budget before, then we would have gone down with ease. There was an increase, but not £1.5m of an increase.

The man just makes promise after promise and delivers nothing.

Season ticket target 16,500? Reached? No.

Team target of being towards the play-offs? Reached? No.

Investment? Reached? No.

Deadline after deadline regarding different things - never reached.

Having a go at fans for not turning up.

I have just bought an old house that has been bodged and patched up over the last 15 years......In the light of your insight, I will now consider sacking my diligent builder who has had to rip out all the poo that has been done previously. Unfortunately its now looking worse than when I started....He's made a right mess so yes I will get someone else in, in place of the useless @rsehole who has been working here 12 hours a day for months for beer money. You're right - you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.....

Here's my summary -

Please refer to Johnbloodaxe's post at 7.00am...

I have just bought an old house that has been bodged and patched up over the last 15 years......In the light of your insight, I will now consider sacking my diligent builder who has had to rip out all the poo that has been done previously. Unfortunately its now looking worse than when I started....He's made a right mess so yes I will get someone else in, in place of the useless @rsehole who has been working here 12 hours a day for months for beer money. You're right - you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.....

Here's my summary -

Don't worry mate,,,part two of his post will be saying what agreat job Dave Allen did at the club :laugh:

Here's my summary -

I'm delighted that you have such blind faith in your builder.

Doubtless he has informed you that he is expecting delivery of crucial building materials(investment) any day now; indeed, he has probably told you this several times already.

I'm sure that he is also doing a super job of painting the front gate. Unfortunately, the roof is caving in whilst this is going on.

The last builder you employed sounds dreadful.

It doesn't make the present one any good though.

Trying to be objective in this debate. LS has done a terrific job in rebuilding the image of the club, and moving it forward OFF the pitch. But what we all care most about is what happens ON the pitch. And lets face it this season has been nothing short of a disaster. Does LS take any of the blame for this? Well sadly I have to say in my opinion he does. It was apparent for a while that Laws was going to go. He had lost it big style, so in my opinion the Watford game should have been his last. So LS has to take the blame for that, and the lost points that went with the delay. And secondly the "investment" now I fully appreciate how difficult this is, but if he delivers in the summer after we have gone down then you again have to question the timing. I recall him saying that Christmas was the target so we could do something in the transfer window. Well had he achieved that and we could have brought in a couple of decent signings then I believe we would have been safe by now. So yes he has to take some blame for not delivering on that.

But as Bells said, there are others on the board, who have been there throughout this sorry demise, keeping their heads down and getting no flack at all. So for me the finger of blame for the state of this club over the past decade should be well and truly aimed at those guys. LS has worked his boll0cks off and deserves imense credit, but the rest of the board should be driven out of Hillsboro for good. I only hope that investment will lead to them being shown the door. They stood idly by when DA did what he did, they stood idly by while Richards did what he did, and they are standing idly by now hoping that LS can deliver a miracle to retrive the flip up they have been party to.

Plonk. Saying LS has to take the blame for lack of investment either shows you don't know what you're talking about, or you're suffering from a chronic lack of intellligence. He has done his part with this latest bunch, and was no longer involved in the process as of months ago. It's been down to Club 9 Sports and the bank plus other interested parties.

Also I really don't get the "he hasn't secured investment!" angle as a stick to beat him with, I could understand it if previous regimes had brought in significant outside investment, but they didn't. He's a Wednesdayite and he's doing his best to sort us out. Literally the only thing you can realistically attack him for (because anything else and I'll be able to point out why you're wrong), is that he didn't sack BL soon enough. But seeing as he doesn't have a crystal ball I'll forgive him that, continue to give him my backing, and let him get on with fixing our club.

p.s. A lot of your posts seem to be filled with negativity and bitterness, you've already gloated multiple times about the fact that you're not buying a season ticket, so why not just leave it at that?

Edited by Wednesday-Wonderland

Guest Briscoe Inferno

I'm delighted that you have such blind faith in your builder.

Doubtless he has informed you that he is expecting delivery of crucial building materials(investment) any day now; indeed, he has probably told you this several times already.

I'm sure that he is also doing a super job of painting the front gate. Unfortunately, the roof is caving in whilst this is going on.

The last builder you employed sounds dreadful.

It doesn't make the present one any good though.

Unfortunately, with most old places that need a bit of love and attention, the rot had affected more of the building than first thought or brought to my attention by the previous owner. I have had to dip into funds allocated for other things to attend to these.

I work from home, so it is important that the front gate does look good - first impressions and all that whilst the work is being done 'behind the scenes' - I still need clients through the door to pay for these additional items but I am confident we will get there....

We have propped the roof with acrows, whilst my builder installs steel beams in the first floor to support the roof load. I am planning to install dormers in the roof to make a nice new bedroom for my kids - so I will sort the roof out in one operation. Its a listed building and I am awaiting a grant from English Heritage to help with this cost....They have been really helpful and are keen for me to get it right because it will ensure that the building is protected for future generations.

We tried to move things on and a mate of my builder knew some blokes from down the pub who said they could do some plastering on the cheap - they said that they would pull out all the stops as long as they had money up front - but they lost interest after a few days and gradually their finish deteriorated until they never bothered turning up, f**king cowboys.

With everything that has been going on, I was a little late with my grant application and they wanted to make sure I had obtained planning permission and Listed Building consent before agreeing to release any of the grant.

I have been going through a pretty painful divorce and have had to pay off my ex-wife which took a huge slice of my budget earmarked for my recovery but the person she ran off with, who used to work for me, has been making life difficult and getting involved when it's none of his business.

But hey ho, I have some really good friends and they have been chipping in and been really supportive - I will get through it. I couldn't have got this far without my bank manager though - fortunately he understands and knows with my track record on previous previous projects that the end result will be fantastic and will provide a stable and secure home for me and my kids for years to come.....

See you later - I have a doctors appointment....after a cup of tea with my builder in the sunshine.

Plonk. Saying LS has to take the blame for lack of investment either shows you don't know what you're talking about, or you're suffering from a chronic lack of intellligence. He has done his part with this latest bunch, and was no longer involved in the process as of months ago. It's been down to Club 9 Sports and the bank plus other interested parties.

Also I really don't get the "he hasn't secured investment!" angle as a stick to beat him with, I could understand it if previous regimes had brought in significant outside investment, but they didn't. He's a Wednesdayite and he's doing his best to sort us out. Literally the only thing you can realistically attack him for (because anything else and I'll be able to point out why you're wrong), is that he didn't sack BL soon enough. But seeing as he doesn't have a crystal ball I'll forgive him that, continue to give him my backing, and let him get on with fixing our club.

p.s. A lot of your posts seem to be filled with negativity and bitterness, you've already gloated multiple times about the fact that you're not buying a season ticket, so why not just leave it at that?

wrong I'm afraid

Unfortunately, with most old places that need a bit of love and attention, the rot had affected more of the building than first thought or brought to my attention by the previous owner.  I have had to dip into funds allocated for other things to attend to these.

I work from home, so it is important that the front gate does look good - first impressions and all that whilst the work is being done 'behind the scenes' - I still need clients through the door to pay for these additional items but I am confident we will get there....

We have propped the roof with acrows, whilst my builder installs steel beams in the first floor to support the roof load.  I am planning to install dormers in the roof to make a nice new bedroom for my kids - so I will sort the roof out in one operation.  Its a listed building and I am awaiting a grant from English Heritage to help with this cost....They have been really helpful and are keen for me to get it right because it will ensure that the building is protected for future generations.

We tried to move things on and a mate of my builder knew some blokes from down the pub who said they could do some plastering on the cheap - they said that they would pull out all the stops as long as they had money up front - but they lost interest after a few days and gradually their finish deteriorated until they never bothered turning up, f**king cowboys.

With everything that has been going on, I was a little late with my grant application and they wanted to make sure I had obtained planning permission and Listed Building consent before agreeing to release any of the grant.

I have been going through a pretty painful divorce and have had to pay off my ex-wife which took a huge slice of my budget earmarked for my recovery but the person she ran off with, who used to work for me, has been making life difficult and getting involved when it's none of his business.

But hey ho, I have some really good friends and they have been chipping in and been really supportive - I will get through it.  I couldn't have got this far without my bank manager though - fortunately he understands and knows with my track record on previous previous projects that the end result will be fantastic and will provide a stable and secure home for me and my kids for years to come.....

See you later - I have a doctors appointment....after a cup of tea with my builder in the sunshine.

Top post that^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Mate Im not gloating about not buying a season ticket. Far from it. Just trying to give my reasons why I havent as I have been described as "fickle" for not doing so, and questioning the wisdom of selling my season ticket seat tommorow (should anyone really want to get it).

I really dont blame Ls for not getting investment, I know its out of his hands. What I said is he may be responsible for is not doing it quick enough to recue this season. The two points I made was IF he is in any way responsible it was for not sacking Laws (a point you agreed with) and not getting the investment in time to save this season (or for finding an alternate way of funding a couple of signings if it wasnt going to happen). Not easy I accept but as chairman it is his job to look after the club. It looks like a lot of effort has gone into improving the pies, while no effort has been put into improving the team.

Anyone who knows me will tell you I take no joy whatso ever from the situation we are in. I fjust eel very very badly let down, and I fear the worst. I hope Im wrong but i just cant see the current side getting us out of the mess THEY have got us into

hi all,

great site this,trouble is its too full of negative barstewards who twist and conive every possitive action made by LS FOR THE CLUB if you moaners arn,t happy why do you bother ,the football starts when you cross the white line not in the boardroom .And if the players don't want to play they won't so therefore its not LS OR IRVINE thats at fault its the players.

not rocket science is it .

call yourselves wednesday I think not

genuine fans support the club and don't make excuses

hi all,

great site this,trouble is its too full of negative barstewards who twist and conive every possitive action made by LS FOR THE CLUB if you moaners arn,t happy why do you bother ,the football starts when you cross the white line not in the boardroom .And if the players don't want to play they won't so therefore its not LS OR IRVINE thats at fault its the players.

not rocket science is it .

call yourselves wednesday I think not

genuine fans support the club and don't make excuses

Don't you think that fans forums would be rather boring if everyone was happy?

"I love Lee Strafford"

"I also love him"

"Add me to this love in fest"

F'ing awful