FTAO LEE STRAFFORD

I agree with what you're trying to say, none of this is LS's fault. But that's a poor analogy because you could say that it's the owner's fault for not employing the right type of people, or for not sufficiently motivating them.

You do not know they are the wrong type of people when you employ them.

That is what you have a manager for.

He sacked the manager who had lost it.

He cannot sack the players (unfortunately).

I do not se where it is his fault.

I agree with what you're trying to say, none of this is LS's fault. But that's a poor analogy because you could say that it's the owner's fault for not employing the right type of people, or for not sufficiently motivating them.

how can Lee be accountable for the performance on the pitch?

are Peterborough or Plymouth asking for the board to be sacked? The only recent relegation that has been blamed on a Chairman is Mike Ashley at Newcastle for understandable reasons.

Lee has been open and honest from the word go. We have x amount to spend. our hands are tied by the co-op. The only money we can get for transfers comes from ST sales.

He has also said we have one of the lowest budgets in the championship. So its not surprising we are in a relegation dog fight.

I cant see how its Lee's fault that the players are not turning up and putting a shift in. He has nothing to do with footballing matters. I'm sure Laws or Irvine would be mighty pissed if he has poked his nose in the footballing side.

The only footballing thing he can be judged on is sacking laws and appointing Irvine. Here it may be debatable if these were the correct decisions in the grand scheme of things do you think if he had done something different we would be a million miles from where we are now?

Every step Strafford has made for the club is a positive one. Many of the unpopular decisions are out of his hands like ST prices match day ticket prices etc.

Ask yourself this, do you honestly beleive that if we get relegated Lee Strafford could of done something to stop it? If so please enlighten me.

are Peterborough or Plymouth asking for the board to be sacked? The only recent relegation that has been blamed on a Chairman is Mike Ashley at Newcastle for understandable reasons.

Lee has been open and honest from the word go. We have x amount to spend. our hands are tied by the co-op. The only money we can get for transfers comes from ST sales.

He has also said we have one of the lowest budgets in the championship. So its not surprising we are in a relegation dog fight.

I cant see how its Lee's fault that the players are not turning up and putting a shift in. He has nothing to do with footballing matters. I'm sure Laws or Irvine would be mighty pissed if he has poked his nose in the footballing side.

The only footballing thing he can be judged on is sacking laws and appointing Irvine. Here it may be debatable if these were the correct decisions in the grand scheme of things do you think if he had done something different we would be a million miles from where we are now?

Every step Strafford has made for the club is a positive one. Many of the unpopular decisions are out of his hands like ST prices match day ticket prices etc.

Ask yourself this, do you honestly beleive that if we get relegated Lee Strafford could of done something to stop it? If so please enlighten me.

This

Lee Strafford can't be held responsible for the conduct of the players on the pitch. That ultimately falls on the manager. LS's responsibilty is to monitor the performance of the manager IMO. I think he made the right call in parting company with BL, albiet a few weeks too late. I think he made as good an appointment in Alan Irvine as a club in our position could realistically expect.

Would I blame LS for relegation though? Partly, yes because IMO Laws should have left at least a month before he did.

Guest totemowl

but a knee jerk chairman who was in control of a championship football club ......

Do you mean that, if BL had been sacked 10 games earlier, that we'd have appointed a manager who would have avoided relegation, etc?

Who would that be? Until Irvine suddenly became available, there seemed to be a good deal of scraping the barrel.

I don't know why I'm being painted as one of the "Blame LS" crew, I think he's done a good job in difficult times. I was just pointing out why it was a poor analogy by showing how said blame crew would be able to pick holes in it.

Sorry mate, wasn't having a go at you.

It was just that i thought yours was the best one to answer.

Guest oliver666

So we have chairman who just sits back and let s the managers churn out poo poo week after week. Strange chairman in your opinion. I would have thought LS had more about him to allow this crap we have to put up with. Your last point regarding his ability to do something about possible relegation. Give me a break, what the roger is he the chairman for.

Lee has done an outstanding job so far as chairman, some say he could and should have moved quicker in removing BL.

However had Laws been removed sooner Irvine wouldn't have been available, and if the suppoerters knew what managers were seriously interested in the job at the time it might well be a reality check.

Is the clubs supporters ambitions too much weight to bear for the quality of footballers we have in our squad?

As for the guy who mocked at Purse's second half of the season form being a revelation, in the last 3 months I,ve seen Terry, Ferdinand, and Upson make more mistakes.

Guest Aaron

You can't blame him for the performances on the pitch, but I personally can blame him for everything else. He's conning us.

Well Done Lee.

Guest Bellsview

Lee Strafford can't be held responsible for the conduct of the players on the pitch. That ultimately falls on the manager. LS's responsibilty is to monitor the performance of the manager IMO. I think he made the right call in parting company with BL, albiet a few weeks too late. I think he made as good an appointment in Alan Irvine as a club in our position could realistically expect.

Would I blame LS for relegation though? Partly, yes because IMO Laws should have left at least a month before he did.

But then we might not have ended up with Irvine (who was still in a job at Preston) and could have appointed a poorer manager, resulting in our league position being worse than it is now.

All ifs, buts and maybes admittedly - but the fact is we'll never know if sacking Laws when we did was the right or wrong time.

The only thing I think I can say with any confidence is that we've got one hell of a shower of poo disgracing the club shirt on the pitch at the moment, who have been poo for most of the season come to think of it - they are where my finger of blame firmly points.

Ferguson and Mourinho would struggle to get them looking like a competent football side.

Guest Bellsview

Do you mean that, if BL had been sacked 10 games earlier, that we'd have appointed a manager who would have avoided relegation, etc?

Who would that be? Until Irvine suddenly became available, there seemed to be a good deal of scraping the barrel.

Didn't see your post - hence why I've just basically said the same as you have.

Apologies for inadvertently attempting to steal your thunder.

You can't blame him for the performances on the pitch, but I personally can blame him for everything else. He's conning us.

Well Done Lee.

He's a salesman, he has to sell the product (SWFC), he's hardly likely to say "We are $hi**, but i need 25,000 of you here every other game for the club to survive".

Guest Bellsview

So we have chairman who just sits back and let s the managers churn out poo poo week after week. Strange chairman in your opinion. I would have thought LS had more about him to allow this crap we have to put up with. Your last point regarding his ability to do something about possible relegation. Give me a break, what the roger is he the chairman for.

He's only been here a relatively short time - what did the previous Chairman actually achieve in his time here, yet he seems to get less criticism than LS does for some inexplicable reason?

And more to the point, WTF are those dithering old farts in the boardroom doing? Some of those board members have been at this club for decades - If I was going to start blaming people off the pitch for our current plight then I would start with them first of all.

Guest Aaron

Yes we was just as bad before, but he is making it worse.

Do you really believe that the wage budget was increased by 1.5m and still have a nob ibgger squad? If we had a £3.5 wage budget before, then we would have gone down with ease. There was an increase, but not £1.5m of an increase.

The man just makes promise after promise and delivers nothing.

Season ticket target 16,500? Reached? No.

Team target of being towards the play-offs? Reached? No.

Investment? Reached? No.

Deadline after deadline regarding different things - never reached.

Having a go at fans for not turning up.

But then we might not have ended up with Irvine (who was still in a job at Preston) and could have appointed a poorer manager, resulting in our league position being worse than it is now.

All ifs, buts and maybes admittedly - but the fact is we'll never know if sacking Laws when we did was the right or wrong time.

The only thing I think I can say with any confidence is that we've got one hell of a shower of poo disgracing the club shirt on the pitch at the moment, who have been poo for most of the season come to think of it - they are where my finger of blame firmly points.

Ferguson and Mourinho would struggle to get them looking like a competent football side.

It is all "ifs, buts and maybes" as you say. We don't know that if BL had been sacked earlier that any new manager might have picked up more points from the games BL had in charge. Hindsight is 20/20... We can only guesstimate. In my opinion, Laws' last game should have been the 4-1 spanking we took on Sky against Watford. It was pretty obvious then that a tipping point had been reached. After that we took 2 points from a possible 21 while BL was in charge.

Guest Johnbloodaxe

Yes we was just as bad before, but he is making it worse.

Do you really believe that the wage budget was increased by 1.5m and still have a nob ibgger squad? If we had a £3.5 wage budget before, then we would have gone down with ease. There was an increase, but not £1.5m of an increase.

The man just makes promise after promise and delivers nothing.

Season ticket target 16,500? Reached? No.

Team target of being towards the play-offs? Reached? No.

Investment? Reached? No.

Deadline after deadline regarding different things - never reached.

Having a go at fans for not turning up.

Nob