Jermaine Johnson

Guest j999rms

Guest j999rms

If JJ can play a part in our remaining 4 games then I think we have a good chance of staying up, if he doesnt then we are definately down. He is the only sttacking player who irvine trusts and believes can win us games. He has had an impact on virtually all the games he has featured in under irvine and we desperately need him fit and playing......

Weve certainly been dealt a cruel blow losing both him and Miller at the same time.

Id personally have persisted with Esajas in their absence when chasing a win at home but Alan must think hes awful.

Miller has also been a big loss as you say. If we'd had him in midfield on Monday I would have been more confident of at least a point.

If JJ can play a part in our remaining 4 games then I think we have a good chance of staying up, if he doesnt then we are definately down. He is the only sttacking player who irvine trusts and believes can win us games. He has had an impact on virtually all the games he has featured in under irvine and we desperately need him fit and playing......

You are spot on there.

JJ is our only "go to" guy when we don't have idea how to attack, and things aren't going good for us. Even when he fail to deliver anything concrete, he make people take a note of him, and double mark him.

Wouldn't believe I would be saying it - but he is a key player for us.

I agree - we look completely devoid of ideas when he (and to a lesser extent Miller) are not present in the side. Sounds like he may be on his way back, but would you risk him against Boro to then have him injured for the two home games? Tough one!

I think if JJ is fit, we really need to play him and Varney up front. Put tudders on the right. Varney looks like the only striker capable of scoring at the moment. Drop Leon for flip sake Alan.

I agree - we look completely devoid of ideas when he (and to a lesser extent Miller) are not present in the side. Sounds like he may be on his way back, but would you risk him against Boro to then have him injured for the two home games? Tough one!

keep him a sub at boro,keep the game tight then maybe bring him on for half an hour see if he can have an impact.hopefully then he'll be fit enough for the two big home games.

Is it worth risking him at all on Saturday ?

Surely the best idea would be to keep him away from the squad on Saturday, work on strengthening in the coming week, then unleash him on United, see how the injury holds up, then decide the same regarding Cardiff and Palace

Hopefully he'll be sub at Boro and hopefully we won't have to use him (i'll take a point).

I'd like to see him fresh and fit, raring to go for the Pigs game and the remaining two after that. He's vital to us staying up and if he can play the two home games at least i think we might be able to bag ourselves a couple of wins.

He NEEDS to play the two home games if we're to survive.

I think if JJ is fit, we really need to play him and Varney up front. Put tudders on the right. Varney looks like the only striker capable of scoring at the moment. Drop Leon for flip sake Alan.

Put Tudders as you call him in the empty seat behind me in the North stand.

Give him 20 mins at the end of the Boro game (if the game is close), full 90 mins vs Sheff Utd, complete rest vs Cardiff, then the full 90 mins vs Crystal Palace.

7 points will see us safe - win both home games and pick up a point at Boro, job done!

ha ha

You make it sound all so easy !!!!

ha ha

You make it sound all so easy !!!!

To be fair, it should be!

Middlesbrough have been awful this season - expected much better. They have nothing to play for, we are fighting for our lives.

Sheffield United haven't met expectations and have changed their squad that much I couldn't name 5 players from their starting 11 on Monday! Local derby where anything can happen. The fact we need it more should give us the edge, and the past two visits to Hillsborough have resulted in 0 points.

Cardiff City have all but secured a place in the play-offs. Ok, they will have nothing to play for, but some of their players will remember the last game of last season and may just want to extract some revenge.

Crystal Palace are in a mess - poor manager, depleated squad, uncertain future. Home advantage and 30,000+ vocal Wednesdayites should be enough to see us over the line come full time.

Minimum requirement = 6 points

Expected total = 7 points

:biggrin:

To be fair, it should be!

Middlesbrough have been awful this season - expected much better. They have nothing to play for, we are fighting for our lives.

Sheffield United haven't met expectations and have changed their squad that much I couldn't name 5 players from their starting 11 on Monday! Local derby where anything can happen. The fact we need it more should give us the edge, and the past two visits to Hillsborough have resulted in 0 points.

Cardiff City have all but secured a place in the play-offs. Ok, they will have nothing to play for, but some of their players will remember the last game of last season and may just want to extract some revenge.

Crystal Palace are in a mess - poor manager, depleated squad, uncertain future. Home advantage and 30,000+ vocal Wednesdayites should be enough to see us over the line come full time.

Minimum requirement = 6 points

Expected total = 7 points

:biggrin:

Just not true about boro, they will be well up for it- can still definitely get in the playoffs as long as they beat us.

Guest owls_4_life

JJ is one of the few of our players that can actually create chances.

Miller is one of the few that can actually score chances.

If they're back for any game left this season I'll feel much better about us staying up but it may be too little too late.