You can blame the coaches, blame the players and blame the board.

Cash, absence of, is why we are so up against it.

Even Wood had to go early season to provide defence against negative cash flow.

Perhaps the bank is the true owner and we should hear from their manager who deals with the club. Perhaps they'd lIke to speak at the AGM?

Mind you, are all the board members really working to get cash in from potential sponsors? Perhaps they are--certainly I don't know.

It's very old fashioned to rely on cash from crowds to be the be all and end all. That's out of date. Browbeating potential sponsors for more cash would make more sense.

Perhaps the bank is the true owner and we should hear from their manager who deals with the club. Perhaps they'd lIke to speak at the AGM?

Mind you, are all the board members really working to get cash in from potential sponsors? Perhaps they are--certainly I don't know.

It's very old fashioned to rely on cash from crowds to be the be all and end all. That's out of date. Browbeating potential sponsors for more cash would make more sense.

Isn't cash only a problem because of our competitors?

What I mean is, isn't the whole situation blurred because we are in a league with many clubs who are either

- spending beyond their means

- benefitting from cash injections

If other clubs were forced to survive on income from gate receipts/merchandise/tv money then I'm sure we'd be able to compete.

Our debt is reportedly quite cheap to service, so surely it's football that's the problem/reason we can't compete at this level.

And what do you mean by potential sponsors? Do you mean advertising round the ground? shirt sponsors? Don't think there's massive income to be had from either of those - not enough to drastically alter the football budget anyway. Unless there's some other kind of sponsorship you're thinking of?

What I mean is, isn't the whole situation blurred because we are in a league with many clubs who are either

If other clubs were forced to survive on income from gate receipts/merchandise/tv money then I'm sure we'd be able to compete.

Our debt is reportedly quite cheap to service, so surely it's football that's the problem/reason we can't compete at this level.

And what do you mean by potential sponsors? Do you mean advertising round the ground? shirt sponsors? Don't think there's massive income to be had from either of those - not enough to drastically alter the football budget anyway. Unless there's some other kind of sponsorship you're thinking of?

mate, I think you hit the nail on the head. I've been thinking about this a lot lately. If the debt only costs half a million a year to service then it doesn't make that much of a difference to our plight. The problem is we don't spend more than we have whereas many other teams do.

It seems to me that it is not the case that we are declining to spend more money than is sensible even though we could get it..

Our problem is that we cannot get our hands on the kind of cash others can get----which you need in a crisis.

We can get nothing to spend.

Wouldn't adding Steve Howard have made a difference to us?

And that imo is why a 10 point deduction is not enough of a punishment. What's betting that if Palace stay up they'll be shelling out millions on players next.

Unfortunately, playing by the rules wil send us down. Realising we're millions in debt we've adjusted our outgoings accordingly and suffered for it while other clubs in a similar position keep on spending and succeed. Looking at Cardiff - on the verge of going out of business but still spent £4m on Chopra and now reside in the play offs. Crystal Palace - twice in administration and now seemingly getting away with it by clearing their debts and staying in this division at our expense. It stinks.

And that imo is why a 10 point deduction is not enough of a punishment. What's betting that if Palace stay up they'll be shelling out millions on players next.

What do you think is a fair punishment?

I personally think the FA, Football League and Premiership should be taking a more hands on approach to finance in football - keeping an eye on all clubs finances and warning them if they start to spend beyond their means, with increasing severity eventually resulting in relegation, transfer embargos and expulsion from cup competitions.

Unfortunately, playing by the rules wil send us down. Realising we're millions in debt we've adjusted our outgoings accordingly and suffered for it while other clubs in a similar position keep on spending and succeed. Looking at Cardiff - on the verge of going out of business but still spent £4m on Chopra and now reside in the play offs. Crystal Palace - twice in administration and now seemingly getting away with it by clearing their debts and staying in this division at our expense. It stinks.

And we have to put up with listening to commentators and pundits saying how unfair it is that Palace are now out of the play off spots.

I personally think the FA, Football League and Premiership should be taking a more hands on approach to finance in football - keeping an eye on all clubs finances and warning them if they start to spend beyond their means, with increasing severity eventually resulting in relegation, transfer embargos and expulsion from cup competitions.

When my local team were relegated from the FL and went in to admin they initially went in to the conference. As I understand it the conference hierarchy decided they didn't have the finances to survive so they were relegated again and ended up in the Unibond.

IMO the minimum punishment should be no points deduction but automatic relegation of one league,If as in Palaces,Rovrums case, they go into admin more than once relegation of two leagues.

Even if they started tomorrow they'd be the best part of two decades too late.

When my local team Boston United were relegated from the FL and went in to admin they initially went in to the conference. As I understand it the conference hierarchy decided they didn't have the finances to survive so they were relegated again and ended up in the Unibond.

IMO the minimum punishment should be no points deduction but automatic relegation of one league,If as in Palaces,Rovrums case, they go into admin more than once relegation of two leagues.

Guest jhancock

One thing Strafford needs to ram down these muppet sis that if we go down we will lose up to £1m becaus eof Newcastle & West Broms collective £22M parachute payments being shared with the remaining teams in the Championship. Norwich will get it and we won't. Also why did Irvine not get a good midfielder and striker in on loan to ensure that we do stay up. I have never seen such a negative strategy from a board that i sno better than the previous ones

One thing Strafford needs to ram down these muppet sis that if we go down we will lose up to £1m becaus eof Newcastle & West Broms collective £22M parachute payments being shared with the remaining teams in the Championship. Norwich will get it and we won't. Also why did Irvine not get a good midfielder and striker in on loan to ensure that we do stay up. I have never seen such a negative strategy from a board that i sno better than the previous ones

It's obvious we are treading a fine line with the bank. LS has already said we've gone over budget to bring in Nolan/Varney/Soares. By all means criticise the signings, but how can you criticise the board for giving the manager over and above what has been sensibly budgeted for.

We can't spend money we haven't got.

We can't spend money we haven't got.

Why not? Most others do, and they get success for it too. We should just blow ten million on players and get in the play offs. Take administration and still be in the Champ. Being the good guys and doing the right thing has got us absolutely nowhere and i'm fed up of it

Why not? Most others do, and they get success for it too. We should just blow ten million on players and get in the play offs. Take administration and still be in the Champ. Being the good guys and doing the right thing has got us absolutely nowhere and i'm fed up of it

Where's it going to come from, even if we wanted to?

Do you think the bank are going to lend us any more?

Would you ask Uncle Dave again?

Who will be willing to lend us these mystery millions?

We spent beyond our means - that's why we are £20+m in debt

When my local team were relegated from the FL and went in to admin they initially went in to the conference. As I understand it the conference hierarchy decided they didn't have the finances to survive so they were relegated again and ended up in the Unibond.

I agree to some extent (I live in Boston too and know this has had an impact on the town) but 'automatic relegation' would bring too many logistical problems. Ie, the quashing of all results and league being adjusted accordingly, who would automatically be promoted? If you mean do this at the end of the season, this makes more sense, but if a team goes into Admin in the 10th game of the season, then would the 36 following games be fair to play? Knowing our luck, they would beat us and then we would feel it is unjust.

A 20-30 point deduction would however serve this purpose.

That's what got us into this mess in the first place. We blew the Charterhouse money on crap, and got rid of them for free, or buttons. Thnk God you are not in charge.