How was that not a penalty?

Just watched the League Show from last night...

Couldn't see the Purse incident very well from where I was sat, but from the crowd reaction I knew it was a nailed-on penalty.

Didn't think it would be THAT obvious though.

What an inept tool the ref was...

Edited by Chris_B_SWFC

Guest utOwlz

Just watched the League Show from last night...

Couldn't see the Purse incident very well from where I was sat, but from the crowd reaction I knew it was a nailed-on penalty.

Didn't think it would be THAT obvious though.

What an inept tool the ref was...

Who cares, we didnt get it. I thought our strikers were the real fools of the day

Guest intercity0wl

Who cares, we didnt get it. I thought our strikers were the real fools of the day

I bloody care, every game i think i have seen the Worst ref yet, then the following week its even worse. If only thet really were sponsored by Specsavers, a bit of that laser treatment might help.

it was a penalty for me...but the overall performance was awful...

I didn't think the performnce was THAT bad, we were woeful in the final third.

But what springs to my mind is if it wasn't for 2 saves - one of which was world class by LG - we could have been dead and burried by half time.

Guest aphextwins

I didn't think the performnce was THAT bad, we were woeful in the final third.

But what springs to my mind is if it wasn't for 2 saves - one of which was world class by LG - we could have been dead and burried by half time.

It could have been a very different game if Tudgay had finished those two chances he had in the first half too.

Why are people surprised that the referee has made a poor decision? I'm more surprised these days when they make the correct call.

Had the players made correct, basic decision-making choices, the 'penalty' would have been irrelevant. One move summed it up yesterday - Leon Clarke with the ball on the edge of the box, Marcus Tudgay unmarked and 6 yards out. What decision is made? Leon Clarke shoots from a Marco van Basten type angle, which flies way over the top left-hand corner high into the West Stand.

So, forget shocking referees - they are all poor - and focus on the things our players can influence.

you can't rely on the referee to win you games you need to win it for yourself

correct me if im wrong but i don't think we have had a penalty all season we must be the only team that this is the case tbh i firmly believe someone has it in for us.

We got one against Coventry, but we certainly seem to have had our share of nailed on pens turned down.

Mate of mine is a Bristol City fan, he said he was sat at the other end to it but he thought it was a penalty even from there, also said we dominated them and he thought they'd robbed us for the 3 points :(

Guest Sheff Owl

Forget the penalty we had ENOUGH chances to win the game, we just did not take them.

You can't look to a ref to help you out, like they say when you are down there you just don't get the luck, so it's even more of a priority to make sure you take the chances when they come.

Did we get a penalty against Cardiff at home?

Weve had a few stone wallers not given this season. Its a real shame as that was what we needed, there was no way we were going to score otherwise. I think had we got that pen and scored it then the tension wouldve been broken and we may have got another but no, we played a team who couldnt really be bothered and sat back and still managed to lose.

What about the penalty not given against us recently when Spurr handled? What goes around comes around!

True,

but I dont think its evened itself this season. Handballs on Sky by Ipswich and Watford...not given.

Darren Purse at Forest...shouldnt have been given.

Nonetheless, we shouldve been able to beat Bristol without the refs help.

Guest totemowl

We shouldn't have to tolerate officials that can't take the pressure especially on a day when there is no premier league football. The ref and his yellow flagged assistant clearly were not up to the pressure of a large crowd. The latter only reacted to the refs whistle.