Accepting Relegation

Guest teeba

Accepting it only to hope our players have partly done so, then it seems we'll play without pressure of survival upon us and suddenly we start winning...

Wouldn't say no to Boro and Utd wins regardless!

Guest owls_4_life

Until it's mathematically certain I won't accept it but I will prepare for it. I reckon by Friday the mood will be much better, everyone's still pissed off about yesterday, but soon it will all start again and another match (and chance of 3 points) will be upon us.

UTO

If we had any options to improve the midfield driving force of the team i'd say we could do it..... but Potter and Soares are poo poo.... Esajas is obviously not in Irvines plans.... JJ isn't fit......and Gray looks over the hill.

We 'might' scrape a win out of the 4 , but then we're relying on others.... and our goal difference is throw.

Odds are heavily stacked against us.

It sank in today, and it hurt. :-(

Edited by BRUCE LEE

Have we not got any funds now - what about the funds from season ticket sales?

I know its no guarentee - but by god, why don't we gamble on this money and bring in a loanee or two for the last remaining games?

Will Strafford not lend us X amount of money for a loan player?

If it means staying in this division - spending now to get in a half decent player is surely worth going for?

Edited by TodwickOwl

Have we not got any funds now - what about the funds from season ticket sales?

I know its no guarentee - but by god, why don't we gamble on this money and bring in a loanee or two for the last remaining games?

Will Strafford not lend us X amount of money for a loan player?

If it means staying in this division - spending now to get in a half decent player is surely worth going for?

Loan window has shut for the season, so we can't get anyone in so it doesn't matter how much money we have.

We just have to work with what we have.

:mad:

Loan window has shut for the season, so we can't get anyone in so it doesn't matter how much money we have.

We just have to work with what we have.

:mad:

Too little too late could not be a better phrase to use.

We should have seen this coming with 8-9 games to go - why didn't we dip in to save the club?

Sod next season - it's about keeping us up right now and we've ballsed that up well and proper.

We're down I'm afraid.

Guest chrisg

I think we need to accept 2 things

1. We're down

2. Whoever the current "investors" are we should **** them off NOW and look elsewhere. If they couldn't help us by putting a bit of cash in when it might have made a difference then they're of no use to us.

I have confidence in Irvine to give us a good run at promotion next year, once the dead wood is cut away.

Guest Sheff Owl

I really hope i'm wrong but i seriously think it's too late (really hope i'm wrong)

I mean other teams are actually scoring goals, not just from Strikers but from Midfield areas -

We are scoring from?????

Strikers can't score, Midfield don't get goal's neither do defenders - we are poo at set pieces.

Ive been prepared for it for long enough...since 1964..its what Wednesday do..sadly, .. all this shambolic poo comes with the territory.

Its all part of being a Wednesdayite, its never been any different, it never will be any different.

Sure, thousands of us peeked from under the duvet in the early 90's, and were rewarded with a shaft of sunlight that lit up a sky hidden by thunderclouds since the bloody 1930's.

Heads down keep going, the age old mantra we have chanted, probably since 1867...

Me, You, and every other Wednesday fan support a club that simply meddles with your mind, we chose it, we are stuck with it, i'm honestly happy with it all...lifes like that...it would be fvckin' brilliant if we muddled our way out of this seasons mess....but if we do not, i'm ready for what comes.

I'm not a happy clapper, i hate this fvckin' mediocre dogs breakfast of a football club, but i know i have no choice in the shambles, this shambles, to me...is family...you cannot abandon it, you have to support it..its crap.

I know there are legions that feel p*ssed off with the whole affair and will abandon the forlorn hope in droves...i can't do that..i'd feel guilty...its stupid...its football..i simply look forward to the day i peep from under the duvet and the fvckin' suns shining again..it'll come...it will not be a St Paul on the road to Damascus sorta glare..it might simply be a sunny interlude between the awful showers of poo ..its what we do...its what we are...its what we have got....and sad fvcker that i am

...i settle for it

Guest wilkotheowl

I have. Have you?

Not looking good, because of our extremely mediocre strike force. Luke Varney gives his all & is a threat but if we DO go down, then Marcus Tudgay, Jeffers & especially Leon Clarke should ask themselves if they can hold their heads high & honestly say that they have served the club well over the course of what has been an awful season.

Wednesday fans can appreciate that some of the team are simply just not good enough, but when players who can show they have what it takes in glimpses, but who disappear when the going gets tough, need to realise there are loyal fans who are being sold short who are giving up their hard earned, week in week out.

The difference is the real fans won't walk away to another club, THEY will be there next season whatever league their beloved Owls are in.

Please don't take the easy option & blame the manager who has sorted out the defence in no time, even though our final ball has to be radically improved if we are to have any chance of staying up.

Key players Grant, Purse & JJ staying fit is essential if we are to have any chance,, but with hand on heart if it goes down to the last game v. Palace I think they will beat us & let's face it, without their points deduction they wouldn't be involved anyway. Just hope we don''t go down on Derby day !! WTID.

I must admit that after yesterday I have accepted that next season we will be in League 1. Before yesterday it was in our hands, we match Crystal Palace's results then we were safe. Now we need to rely on other teams.

Of all our remaining games the Bristol game was the one I could see us getting a result. Middlesborough and Cardiff away, draws at the very best. United game, who knows and the final game against Palace, if anything is resting on it, we will bottle it. The players have shown that they can't cope with the pressure of our recent situation let alone one last game where winner could take all.

Christ I am depressed!

Fortunately for us you are wrong. We play Palace on the last day of the season so if we win that we are 1 point ahead of Palace. Therefore it is still in our hands and will remain so until we are more than 2 points behind Palace and still in the bottom 3.

Guest darryl9999

I agree the words straw and clutching spring to mind. But desperate situations call for ...... well desperation! :Dark Wacko:

Guest Gornaldo

Ive been prepared for it for long enough...since 1964..its what Wednesday do..sadly, .. all this shambolic poo comes with the territory.

Its all part of being a Wednesdayite, its never been any different, it never will be any different.

Sure, thousands of us peeked from under the duvet in the early 90's, and were rewarded with a shaft of sunlight that lit up a sky hidden by thunderclouds since the bloody 1930's.

Heads down keep going, the age old mantra we have chanted, probably since 1867...

Me, You, and every other Wednesday fan support a club that simply meddles with your mind, we chose it, we are stuck with it, i'm honestly happy with it all...lifes like that...it would be fvckin' brilliant if we muddled our way out of this seasons mess....but if we do not, i'm ready for what comes.

I'm not a happy clapper, i hate this fvckin' mediocre dogs breakfast of a football club, but i know i have no choice in the shambles, this shambles, to me...is family...you cannot abandon it, you have to support it..its crap.

I know there are legions that feel p*ssed off with the whole affair and will abandon the forlorn hope in droves...i can't do that..i'd feel guilty...its stupid...its football..i simply look forward to the day i peep from under the duvet and the fvckin' suns shining again..it'll come...it will not be a St Paul on the road to Damascus sorta glare..it might simply be a sunny interlude between the awful showers of poo ..its what we do...its what we are...its what we have got....and sad fvcker that i am

...i settle for it

So true.

It really is the Wednesday way.

If we go down, we go down - We've all been there before.

In a way (and i've seen this view posted a few times today) i'd have a tinge of excitement about returning to League One - As much as i would rumbleing love us to stay up this season, i'd be ready for the battle, the fight, and more wins next season in League One.

Sad, but true.