Accepting Relegation

The problem lies with the players for me......

The rest of the sides around us are FIGHTING for their lives to stay up.....look at our players and there are a few that clearly couldn't give a throw :angry:

AI always had a tough job from when he took over from Laws.....Laws left us in a right mess, staring relegation in the face :angry: and AI has done incredibly well to give us even a sniff of staying up :biggrin:

I accepted relegation after we got thumped by Reading 5-0.....thankfully we have the right people in LS, NP, HW and AI to see us through a tough time in League One :cool:

I must admit that after yesterday I have accepted that next season we will be in League 1. Before yesterday it was in our hands, we match Crystal Palace's results then we were safe. Now we need to rely on other teams.

Of all our remaining games the Bristol game was the one I could see us getting a result. Middlesborough and Cardiff away, draws at the very best. United game, who knows and the final game against Palace, if anything is resting on it, we will bottle it. The players have shown that they can't cope with the pressure of our recent situation let alone one last game where winner could take all.

Christ I am depressed!

Not true, if we win 4 out of 4 we stay up regardless.

Guest carlg

Do not go gentle into that good night,

Old age should burn and rave at close of day;

Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,

Because their words had forked no lightning they

Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright

Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,

And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight

Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,

Curse, bless me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

Dylan Thomas

I sometimes think we're set in the fictional town of 'Llareggub' ;-)

Hope you're well. UTO.

Guest mjk81

I haven't accepted it [relegation] yet, but I am now mentally prepared.

That's my view after yesterday's stomach blow of a result. to behonest I always thought we would struggle this season and I only predicted us to get 55pts before a ball was even kicked, but I still thought enough teams would do worse than that to prevent us from going down! (maybe the players did too?)

The only thing I can blame Alan Irvine for is giving me hope that we might say up (as we looked doomed at Christmas), I dont even blame Brian Laws that much as He only had an average League One budget to work with.

Hopefull even if we do go down we will return with Irvine as manager as a stronger and more solid Championship team rather than being in prepetual struggle every season as we have been since we came back up (the 9th placed finish in 07 made that season look better than it was).

Guest carlg

I accepted it yesterday.

Its happened before and sadly it will be probably happen again.

Chin up

Best policy.

If by some fluke - and it will be a fluke, not on merit - we stay up, great.

Bonus.

If we start accepting relegation now it may help soften the blow, come the 'mathematical' binary time, whenever that may be.

I am the least defeatist person in the world - Christ, in business and in life I have fought dozens of seemingly nigh impossible battles and won many of them. But, when one is reliant upon the shower of sh*te we call our 'team' it's out of my (and your) control.

Don't expect/hope for anything from them and it may ease the pain, I have come to conclude this over recent months.

If we somehow survive, great.

Never rely on others.

Especially this lot.

Guest tommysqueaker

I am ready for it and fully expect it, i think it will be Cardiff returning the favour with interest, roughly same time last year we stopped them getting into the play offs, as a way of a thank you, they send us down this...

Best policy.

If by some fluke - and it will be a fluke, not on merit - we stay up, great.

Bonus.

If we start accepting relegation now it may help soften the blow, come the 'mathematical' binary time, whenever that may be.

I am the least defeatist person in the world - Christ, in business and in life I have fought dozens of seemingly nigh impossible battles and won many of them. But, when one is reliant upon the shower of sh*te we call our 'team' it's out of my (and your) control.

Don't expect/hope for anything from them and it may ease the pain, I have come to conclude this over recent months.

If we somehow survive, great.

Never rely on others.

Especially this lot.

amen

I was more confident of a win yesterday than I have been nearly all season!

Although when I heard JJ wasn't EVEN on the bench I thought otherwise.

This time last season I never thought I'd have been putting so much faith in a player who's consistently blown hot and cold in a Sheffield Wednesday shirt but I truly believe that our existance in the Championship depends on him staying fit and being able to play the remainder of games, because without him our team are toothless and pathetic going forward.

NO MATTER WHAT DIVISION WE'RE IN NEXT SEASON! I just want to see a fresh start with Alan Irvine bringing in the type of players that share the same thirst for success that he has.

Guest Sniper1

I was more confident of a win yesterday than I have been nearly all season!

Although when I heard JJ wasn't EVEN on the bench I thought otherwise.

This time last season I never thought I'd have been putting so much faith in a player who's consistently blown hot and cold in a Sheffield Wednesday shirt but I truly believe that our existance in the Championship depends on him staying fit and being able to play the remainder of games, because without him our team are toothless and pathetic going forward.

NO MATTER WHAT DIVISION WE'RE IN NEXT SEASON! I just want to see a fresh start with Alan Irvine bringing in the type of players that share the same thirst for success that he has.

Well put.

3pts yesterday would not have seen us safe, don't get too down on the back of this one.

It might look abit different next Saturday at 1700. My only issue is we need goals but we don't look like scoring.

Don't give up just yet, however, prep yourselves just in case. :angry:

I have. Have you?

Weeks ago, when I left the ground after my last home game (Reading).

Haven't been back since and I'm a season ticket holder, giving my ticket away for the United and Palace games to my brother-in-law.

What did it for me was that Bristol werent even bothered, yet we couldnt beat them.

Meanwhile Palace and Watford remind us of what "scrapping" means.

However, if we were having to drop back into the zone, id rather do it now and try and claw back out than slip into it on the last day...thats even worse.