Well done lads....

Guest Manwithastick

Who are these best players you talk of considering we are playing dismal football and in a relegation fight?

That has been one of the mistakes of the club, hesitating when we should be selling and redistributing the resources through the rest of the squad. The club has used this tactic as a form of propaganda to appease the fans when they should have been on the phone to agents touting our players out to the best sides.

Grant pulled off two world class saves yesterday and stopped us going down three or four nil - but we still lost one nil?

Whats the point in having a good keeper with an asset value who simply stops us losing by more goals?

Absolutely. Who still thinks £2million for Tudgay would not have been a good move in the summer? Or £1m+ for Tommy Spurr?

Our planning for the long term has got us in the poo , because we are now forced to rely on players who are not fulfilling their supposed potential - Beevers, Tudgay, Spurr, Esajas, Clarke. All players unproven at Championship level yet given fairly lengthy contracts.

We only turned things round last season after we brought in Potter and Gray (who perfomed initially, but are now struggling).

Who are these best players you talk of considering we are playing dismal football and in a relegation fight?

That has been one of the mistakes of the club, hesitating when we should be selling and redistributing the resources through the rest of the squad. The club has used this tactic as a form of propaganda to appease the fans when they should have been on the phone to agents touting our players out to the best sides.

Grant pulled off two world class saves yesterday and stopped us going down three or four nil - but we still lost one nil?

Whats the point in having a good keeper with an asset value who simply stops us losing by more goals?

I was pleased when Spurr, Beavers, Grant and Tudgay all penned new contracts. My recollection at the time was that most of us were pleased - building a squad, not being a selling club.

I don't remember seeing many posts from people wanting to sell them. But if you were one of them, I'm happy for you to be able to feel vindicated if we go down.

I was pleased when Spurr, Beavers, Grant and Tudgay all penned new contracts. My recollection at the time was that most of us were pleased - building a squad, not being a selling club.

I don't remember seeing many posts from people wanting to sell them. But if you were one of them, I'm happy for you to be able to feel vindicated if we go down.

At the height of our 'best back five' 18 months ago we should have sold two of the five. A full-back and centre-back of any combination or Grant and a defender.

That could have brought in as much as £2m-£5m and some great resources to play in the transfer market.

1. What other detail would you like. Can you be more specific.

2. Where did I mention a 'Financial Package'

3. Do you know how much he has taken out of the club (if anything) but your comments gives me the impression YOU do.

4. Wednesday still owe him money. Is that DA's fault

Next time when replying to a post, read it first then reply. Don't make yourself look a bigger wee wee tail than you already are Totemowl.

Seems we've got a bit of a keen fisherman here.

At the height of our 'best back five' 18 months ago we should have sold two of the five. A full-back and centre-back of any combination or Grant and a defender.

That could have brought in as much as £2m-£5m and some great resources to play in the transfer market.

1) How much of that money would have gone back into the first team? We made a £3m+ loss last season - player sales would have simply covered the loss.

2) Where would the extra funds have come from to bring in better replacements in terms of wages? We are up to our maximum already.

3) Whilst I like Laws, he was hardly renowned for investing the money he did have to spend on quality players, so we would have just wasted the money on more drab signings.

4) You just need to look across the city to see selling your assets doesn't work.

1) How much of that money would have gone back into the first team? We made a £3m+ loss last season - player sales would have simply covered the loss.

2) Where would the extra funds have come from to bring in better replacements in terms of wages? We are up to our maximum already.

3) Whilst I like Laws, he was hardly renowned for investing the money he did have to spend on quality players, so we would have just wasted the money on more drab signings.

4) You just need to look across the city to see selling your assets doesn't work.

Oh right.

Down we go then.

But at least we won the moral victory by not being a selling club.

I don't seriously believe anyone would feel vindicated by any viewpoint they have about the club if relegation was the only way to prove it. Unless of course you want the club to fail.

Of the players above, at the time the only players last summer I personally was bothered about keeping was grant and beevers, with decent fees for the other two I wasn't bothered then and aint bothered now. Tudgay, last season apart has always been an average championship striker and still is with last year unfortunately looking like an exception. He is long over due a 'purple patch' or may yet score a derby winner. Only he can prove people wrong. Spurr for the most part seems to get worse season by season.

As for this season, it has been a disaster from game one. That first match encapusalated everything about our squad. We started very well, but the opposition soon sussed us out and we were awful second half.

I still remember saying after that game it would be a long season. Didn't think we would sink as badly as this though and definately wouldn't feel vindicated by another relegation to the cess pit of League One. It was bad enough last time. But season ticket already bought so just have to hope for the best.

Technically if we were to go down, fail to secure investment and have less season ticket sales than the previous year his tenure could only be seen as a failure.

Some would agree with that, many would hate to admit it though...

This inane mentality of being a "selling club" or not is ridiculous.

Every club in the world sells strategically - every one

It's about what is best for the club

We need to raise money to go into player budget - and if some players have to go for the greater good then so be it

Guest Sheff Owl

We need to raise money to go into player budget - and if some players have to go for the greater good then so be it

I really think that's something that is almost certain gonna happen - would love to see Grant stay but can't see it.

And despite the massive consensus at the time supporting the club, I see more and more saying it was obvious all along that we should have sold Tudgay and Spurr when we had the chance.

Classic football fan hindsight, spin and lies.

Still a long way to before we can judge him as great success, or dismal failure.

Allen was in role for only a couple of years when the balloons came out.

Make no mistake, if we are sitting in League 1 with 15,000 supporters watching a wee wee poor team of players losing at home to Rochdale - the drums will be beating and the balloon shops of Sheffield will be stocking up. SWFC fans are very tolerant, quite apathetic - they won't take too kindly though to no investment and relegation.

This season has been the perfect storm - it is almost beyond belief we are in this position. For the first time in years we have sensible, progressive leadership and a half decent playing budget, plus (unusually for us) a decent start to the season. If you would have told me after the beating we gave Sflaphorpe that we would be in this position I would have called the police to take you away.

Guest carlg

Thing is, even poor players - such as much of our squad consists of - can easily accrue a very healthy amount of money, very quickly - and they know they will drift into another lower league club, sooner or later.

They are not worried about the fate of SWFC.

Many of them don't give a damn, that is all too clear.

Allen was in role for only a couple of years when the balloons came out.

Make no mistake, if we are sitting in League 1 with 15,000 supporters watching a wee wee poor team of players losing at home to Rochdale - the drums will be beating and the balloon shops of Sheffield will be stocking up. SWFC fans are very tolerant, quite apathetic - they won't take too kindly though to no investment and relegation.

This season has been the perfect storm - it is almost beyond belief we are in this position. For the first time in years we have sensible, progressive leadership and a half decent playing budget, plus (unusually for us) a decent start to the season. If you would have told me after the beating we gave Sflaphorpe that we would be in this position I would have called the police to take you away.

Excellent post.