Well done lads....

Guest Manwithastick

Guest oliver666

Are you for real?

I logged in just to say that...someone with far more eloquence than me educate this man

Never admit your failings. Tell you what, you educate me seeing that you have logged on. Am I real. may be or maybe a figment of your imagination.

Guest Ratty-owl

Bunch of spineless lobbers , not fit to wear the shirt, Lee Strafford marginally worse than Dave Allen.

How's that rumblewit?????

I don't see how Miller and Soares would be on any less money than Lansbury and Cleverley to be honest. Watford have been in the financial mire this season, so I don't think they would have been splashing out.

I'm not necessarily getting the knives out for LS but this is all getting confusing about how better he is over Dave Allen. I've been a supporter and season ticket holder for more years than I care to remember and i've witnessed quite a few board room chairmen and direcetors, all of which have spent money. They might be considered as putting SWFC in the position we are in now, but at least i can say I have seen european football, Wembley finals and full houses. No we are not talking many decades ago but to some fairly recent.

Where does LS fit into the current situation. He his the chairman of SWFC and not one for stirring up a hornets nest, but what has changed at Hillsboro over the past two years. There is plenty of talk about inve*tment, LS wanting to take the club forward and virtually railroading fans to buy season tickets earlier in order to secure a decent football budget for next season. This is not working. Thats the positives, look at the negatives. Dwindling attendances, dwindling season ticket sales, dwindling morale and dwindling standard of player. DA must have been a terrible man who dipped into his own pocket for loan players salaries to get us out of the mire. Not to worry, we have LS, the saviour. Come on Lee, show us what you are made of!

strafford stepped in an took the job when it appeared everyone else was avoiding it like the plague...a number of chairmen have stepped up to the plate with their own money at various clubs throughout the land (and i'm sure supporters don't fully appreciate it)...but i only know one club anywhere where things had got to the level they were at hillsborough...

I'm not necessarily getting the knives out for LS but this is all getting confusing about how better he is over Dave Allen. I've been a supporter and season ticket holder for more years than I care to remember and i've witnessed quite a few board room chairmen and direcetors, all of which have spent money. They might be considered as putting SWFC in the position we are in now, but at least i can say I have seen european football, Wembley finals and full houses. No we are not talking many decades ago but to some fairly recent.

Where does LS fit into the current situation. He his the chairman of SWFC and not one for stirring up a hornets nest, but what has changed at Hillsboro over the past two years. There is plenty of talk about inve*tment, LS wanting to take the club forward and virtually railroading fans to buy season tickets earlier in order to secure a decent football budget for next season. This is not working. Thats the positives, look at the negatives. Dwindling attendances, dwindling season ticket sales, dwindling morale and dwindling standard of player. DA must have been a terrible man who dipped into his own pocket for loan players salaries to get us out of the mire. Not to worry, we have LS, the saviour. Come on Lee, show us what you are made of!

Whatever people think of Dave Allen - he's gone.

When Dave Allen left, the club was rudderless for months and months; then Lee came along and offered to lead the club, full time, for free. He had a plan, that did not rely on investment but was speeded up by it.

Lee has increased the budget, increased the back room support team for the manager, spent more on the pitch (I know its still sub-standard), hired a good manager, beat the pigs to the Word Cup bid, introduced interest free season tickets, dealt with countless grievances left over from the old regime and still people moan.

We have a poo poo squad. FACT. Everything has been done, off the pitch, to improve the squad - unfortunately AI has been left with a huge task keeping us up. I am confident that if Lee and Nick are still running SWFC in three years time we will (as a minimum) be at the happy end of the championship (but it may have to be via league 1).

Edited by fife_owl

Guest Manwithastick

Whatever people think of Dave Allen - he's gone.

When Dave Allen left, the club was rudderless for months and months; then Lee came along and offered to lead the club, full time, for free. He had a plan, that did not rely on investment but was speeded up by it.

Lee has increased the budget, increased the back room support team for the manager, spent more on the pitch (I know its still sub-standard), hired a good manager, beat the pigs to the Word Cup bid, introduced interest free season tickets, dealt with countless grievances left over from the old regime and still people moan.

We have a poo poo squad. FACT. Everything has been done, off the pitch, to improve the squad - unfortunately AI has been left with a huge task keeping us up. I am confident that if Lee and Nick are still running SWFC in three years time we will (as a minimum) be at the happy end of the championship (but it may have to be via league 1).

Lee sold the idea of his directorship/chairmanship to the existing board via the platform of delivering investment. It will be interesting (very interesting if recent rumours are true :ph34r: ) to see how those board members react regarding

LS if we are relegated/fail to deliver investment/sell 25% fewer ST's than this season.

Lee sold the idea of his directorship/chairmanship to the existing board via the platform of delivering investment. It will be interesting (very interesting if recent rumours are true :ph34r: ) to see how those board members react regarding

LS if we are relegated/fail to deliver investment/sell 25% fewer ST's than this season.

Do you think that there would be a fan backlash if they removed him? Surely they can't unless they are prepared to step up to the plate themselves - which they were not last time.

Technically if we were to go down, fail to secure investment and have less season ticket sales than the previous year his tenure could only be seen as a failure.

In those harsh terms yes.

But, if he didn't come along we would still be without a chairman, we'd be watching Bramall Lane become the leading stadium in Sheffield, we would have sold our best players operating under the old regime's fiscal policy, we would have sold less season tickets this year and may have already been relegated. So, for me, despite our precarious position, he has been successful.

But, if he didn't come along we would still be without a chairman, we'd be watching Bramall Lane become the leading stadium in Sheffield, we would have sold our best players operating under the old regime's fiscal policy, we would have sold less season tickets this year and may have already been relegated. So, for me, despite our precarious position, he has been successful better than the previous poo poo.

Still a long way to before we can judge him as great success, or dismal failure.

But, if he didn't come along we would still be without a chairman, we'd be watching Bramall Lane become the leading stadium in Sheffield, we would have sold our best players operating under the old regime's fiscal policy, we would have sold less season tickets this year and may have already been relegated. So, for me, despite our precarious position, he has been successful.

If Dave Richards was our best chairman due to the success we experienced in the early-90's despite the polarised views on him then history can be just as cruel on Strafford.

However, we can beat the drop, investment might come and we may beat the approx 13,000 season tickets from last year.

Unfortunately these have become less practical and more of a form of faith, like a mantra. Its time to start getting real on all of the above conundrums.

1. Are we going to be relegated?

2. Are we getting investment?

3. Will we sell more season tickets than last year?

If the answer to these are no then who is responsible?

If Dave Richards was our best chairman due to the success we experienced in the early-90's despite the polarised views on him then history can be just as cruel on Strafford.

However, we can beat the drop, investment might come and we may beat the approx 13,000 season tickets from last year.

Unfortunately these have become less practical and more of a form of faith, like a mantra. Its time to start getting real on all of the above conundrums.

1. Are we going to be relegated?

2. Are we getting investment?

3. Will we sell more season tickets than last year?

If the answer to these are no then who is responsible?

1. Most likely. If by some miracle we're not, majority of credit to AI, some to LS for appointing him, and some to whichever players drag us across the finishing line.

2. It's not looking good. I don't see how that can be a stick to beat LS with though, he's done his best, I'd love to hear what more he could've done to get someone to invest in a club £25m in debt with a rotten core and a culture of negativity.

3. Not unless we get investment.

Guest oliver666

There is no question regarding LS dedication and commitment getting SWFC forward. We can all make assumptions regarding being without a chairman, not getting the world cup bid etc etc. I commend people who believe in LS but in the cold light of day, whether he his a salary earner or nor with SWFC, in all walks of life, we are judged by results, even more so in football. I for one genuinely believed that when LS stepped into DA's shoes, the prospect of investment was real and to a degree very tangible. What is going wrong at S6 and I don't mean the last 18 months or so. Potential investors apppear to be playing games, the club, supporters get sucked in every time believing there is something of a cash injection but always fails at the first hurdle.

There a lot of posters on this site who have got it into heads that anyone who questions what LS has done or hasn't are there to put pressure on him to leave. Fans, supporters need to see what is being achieved in order to buy into the product, sadly there is very little quality on or off the field.

Who are these best players you talk of considering we are playing dismal football and in a relegation fight?

That has been one of the mistakes of the club, hesitating when we should be selling and redistributing the resources through the rest of the squad. The club has used this tactic as a form of propaganda to appease the fans when they should have been on the phone to agents touting our players out to the best sides.

Grant pulled off two world class saves yesterday and stopped us going down three or four nil - but we still lost one nil?

Whats the point in having a good keeper with an asset value who simply stops us losing by more goals?