Forces Owls!!

Guest owlstom

Where u at Sam? I was posted to Marham a year ago - absolute arse end of no where, but the RAF lads were a good bunch so it was a decent assignment all said.

Sir,

I'm at Cottesmore now. Work from time to time at Marham and Wittering. Although just on the A1 now heading back from some jobs at Halton and Northolt.

I've spent a fair amount of time working with the Army at the Defence Animal Centre and at Sennelager(sp) in Germany.

Sir,

I'm at Cottesmore now. Work from time to time at Marham and Wittering. Although just on the A1 now heading back from some jobs at Halton and Northolt.

I've spent a fair amount of time working with the Army at the Defence Animal Centre and at Sennelager(sp) in Germany.

Does this mean your 'new' job is training carrier pigeons?

Sir,

Great stuff. Is Cottesmore closing soon? I am after one of the DCRE posts at Conningsby next - Ireland is not exactly sutting edge for our trade group! All the best.

Ayup mate, welcome.

Im in the RAF, based up at RAF Fylingdales in North Yorkshire. Its a bit different up there let me tell ya lol. I live in Lincoln though.

Fylingdales is definately a different posting - nice place though! I was working with a couple of US guys out in KAF who were posted there a few years ago - they said they loved it - thought nothing of driving to Leeds, York or Sheffield for a night out. You could do with Scampton or Conningsby for ease of access to home.

We should really make an effort for the forces boys.

For those in the army, we should let the team come out to "When the going gets tough, the tough get going"

For those in the air force, we should come out to the Dam Busters theme tune

And for those in the Navy, we should come out to anything by Soft Cell

Only joking like!

Makes a note not to identify himself at future games.......................

Great stuff. Is Cottesmore closing soon? I am after one of the DCRE posts at Conningsby next - Ireland is not exactly sutting edge for our trade group! All the best.

Nice base,Father in Law was a squadron leader there for many years,

live 4 miles away

Yeah it's due to close in April 2013, although one of the squadrons has already left. How long have you been in?

Yeah it's due to close in April 2013, although one of the squadrons has already left. How long have you been in?

15 Years. Did 8 years with the Airborne Engineers - had a mega time there and did loads of tours. All good things come to an end and faced with posting I opted to do a clk of wks course at the end of Telic 1. Have not looked back since - loads of varied posts and tours and resposibilities early on. Still get to do loads of green stuff as well as my trade - best of both worlds. What about you?

Shame about Cottesmore - the pool of potential assignments shrinks every year! These places hold loads of great memories for so many people.

Guest owlstom

Cheers for the warm weclome lads and lasses! I've worked with RAF and Army before, I was posted to the Falklands for 6 months last year, and I'm working with the RAF as well as the mob now at Northwood where I am currently masquerading a killick Sparker (I refuse to say CIS). And I'm not so sure about the choice of music for the Senior Service though, surely something like the Captain Pugwash theme tune or anything by Right Said Fred would be more appropriate!

How do fellow Owls, I'm new to this lark, so go easy!! Been on 606 for a while, but I'm temporarily removed form there, I was put on the naughty step for posting an article on the ugliest British XI of all time, I might try my hand on here and see if I can get it published.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. I am a fully paid up member of Her Majesty's Armed Forces, and I have been stealing the Queen's shilling whilst masquerading as a sailor for nigh on the last 12 years. I was wondering if there are many other forces Owls on here and what they're up to right now. Keep up the good work lads, and lassess!

Anyway, that's me for now.

UP THE OWLS!!!!

Hey, owlstom!

I remember you from 606; you once posted one of the best half-time team talks any manager could ever wish for! Lst season, I think it was. Do you remember that? Brought tears to us eyes, it did. Have you thought to forward it to AI?

Anyway, you don't get namby-pamby wishy-washy well-thought-out arguments on here, just plain good old-fashioned true-to-Wednesday type bi-polar hysteria or suicidal misery.

Enjoy!

Welcome & UTO!

Cheers for the warm weclome lads and lasses! I've worked with RAF and Army before, I was posted to the Falklands for 6 months last year, and I'm working with the RAF as well as the mob now at Northwood where I am currently masquerading a killick Sparker (I refuse to say CIS). And I'm not so sure about the choice of music for the Senior Service though, surely something like the Captain Pugwash theme tune or anything by Right Said Fred would be more appropriate!

Pft senior service!!! :biggrin:

We win the wars whilst you sit miles out at sea in a different continent.