Boro roll call

I'm driving, reckon i'll be parking at the railway station. Couple of pubs there also.

Zetland Multi-storey CP, easily seen off A66 on the west side of M'boro, lhs of road.. Walk past 2 pubs, first is a bit dodgy, 2nd is the Zetland (opp. rly stn) where I'll be with my Boro fan mates (not wearing any blue & white), as I live up here. 17 mins walk to the ground from there. Fingers x-ed it's not raining as it's a reyt hike into a norteasterly. Is the Riverside one of the coldest grounds in the country???

UTO!!!

Guest East_Dene_Owl

Whose going to the grim town of Boro and where are you planning on drinking beforehand. Our plans (3 buses) are heading for Yarm

Make that 4 buses unless ours is one of the 3. :Dark unsure:

The Wetherspoons is called Isaac Wilson's. If your coming by train take a right out of the train station and go under the bridge. The pub is on the main road on the right hand side..1 minute walk from the station.

Not a bad pub,usually go in there when we visit the daughter who's at Uni up there,Burger,chips all the trimmings,pint of Guinness a bargain at £6.

Guest faketales

Two going here, not sure about the drinking establishment yet but if info on here is correct just hope can get one in ground. Then down to Whitby for a couple of nights to make a weekend of it as its the other halfs birthday, and its dont hurt as much forking out on digs and a birthday meal of chips, Peas and scraps if i can combine it with a Game.

WHITBY OWLS will be there

Whats the problem with walking the down Bridge St E/ Windward Way from the railway station?

Just not the best of areas that side of the tracks and nothing there.

This way there is are a few pubs on the way, mcdonalds, nandos, pizza hut aswell, and would give you a better impression of middlesbrough. :-)

Just not the best of areas that side of the tracks and nothing there.

This way there is are a few pubs on the way, mcdonalds, nandos, pizza hut aswell, and would give you a better impression of middlesbrough. :-)

Got to say Middlesbrough is growing on me

Got to say Middlesbrough is growing on me

Its certainly not a bad place. Just been portrayed badly in some tv programmes.

I've travelled around the country a fair bit and you can find shitty areas and people in most places. The key is finding out where they are beforehand and avoiding them.

Guest StevieSplash

Are we gonna get behind the team and make some noise for the boys?.......................................Not really got a team to get behind though have we!

Can we please remember Leicester a couple of seasons ago....orange Wednesday....must win away game......sold out away end.....be there or be square.

Guest kn-OWL-edge

Four of us are in the Directors Box as Boro's Chief Ops Manager is from Dronfield, although he's a blade.

Drinking down Yarm after the match with some of the Boro players.

Saying overnight in the Sporting Lodge Hotel

Guest East_Dene_Owl

The allocation we have sold is for about 3100....unsure if we will get another one, best asking James.

FROM FOOTBALL FANS GUIDE......

Away supporters are housed in the South Stand at one end of the stadium. Up to 4,500 fans can be accommodated in this area. The turnstiles are electronic which means that you have to insert your ticket in a reader, to gain entry. Once inside then the leg room is okay and the view from the away section is excellent. However, the concourse running behind the stand is quite narrow, meaning that it can get quite crowded at half time and before kick off. There is a Ladbrokes betting outlet available and there are a number of flat screen televisions, showing Sky Sports (and the match itself once it has kicked off). The catering had a fair choice of grub on offer in the form of balti pies (£1.80), minced beef pies (£1.80), rollover sausages (£2.40), cheeseburgers (£2.40), pizza (£2.30), chips (£1.50) and curry sauce (£0.50). On my last visit they were also offering a 'pie and a pint' for £4.10.

One thing to point out is that there isvery little in the way of pubs or eating establishmentsnearby, so you will need to head into the town centre for these.

FROM FOOTBALL FANS GUIDE......

Away supporters are housed in the South Stand at one end of the stadium. Up to 4,500 fans can be accommodated in this area. The turnstiles are electronic which means that you have to insert your ticket in a reader, to gain entry. Once inside then the leg room is okay and the view from the away section is excellent. However, the concourse running behind the stand is quite narrow, meaning that it can get quite crowded at half time and before kick off. There is a Ladbrokes betting outlet available and there are a number of flat screen televisions, showing Sky Sports (and the match itself once it has kicked off). The catering had a fair choice of grub on offer in the form of balti pies (£1.80), minced beef pies (£1.80), rollover sausages (£2.40), cheeseburgers (£2.40), pizza (£2.30), chips (£1.50) and curry sauce (£0.50). On my last visit they were also offering a 'pie and a pint' for £4.10.

One thing to point out is that there isvery little in the way of pubs or eating establishmentsnearby, so you will need to head into the town centre for these.

Yep the whole away end holds 4500 but we have only been given an initial allocation judging by the online ticket sales, which holds about 3100 ( of which theres about 7 tickets left). So wonder if we will get the rest.