Boro roll call

The ground is in the middle of nowt and the nearest pub (10 minute walk) is a home boozer

One of the girls at work is from there and is a M'boro fan. She says we are best going into one of the pubs near the train station. Apparently there are two and they are quite accommodating to away fans without colours

Guest intercity0wl

Two going here, not sure about the drinking establishment yet but if info on here is correct just hope can get one in ground. Then down to Whitby for a couple of nights to make a weekend of it as its the other halfs birthday, and its dont hurt as much forking out on digs and a birthday meal of chips, Peas and scraps if i can combine it with a Game.

Guest StevieSplash

Me + 1= 2.

We ought to sell this one out as its the easiest of our last 2 away matches to get to.

We are driving. where is the best place to park?

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/middlesbrough/#How%20To%20Get%20There%20By%20Car%20&%20Where%20To%20Park

It is quite easy to find. Just follow the A66 (signposted Teesside from the A1) past Darlington's new ground and on into Middlesbrough. Carry on up the A66, through the centre of Middlesbrough and you will pick up signs for the Riverside Stadium. Although there is no parking available directly at the stadium itself, there are a number of private parks (mostly on waste land)nearby. Also when you reach the turn off the A66 (as signposted) for the stadium, then rather than at the top of the slip road turning left towards the stadium, then instead if your turn right to go back across the A66, then there is plenty of street parking available in this area. It is then about a 15-20 minute walk to the away turnstiles.

Jerry Hill adds; 'I would suggest that away fans should follow the route marked "away coaches" from the A66, as this passes many private car parks along the river, all priced at �4'. Bear in mind though that if you do park at one of these car parks, then it may take 45 minutes or so after the game, before you can exit them. Otherwise, as the stadium is about one mile from the town centre you could also consider parking in a long stay car park in the town centre (about a 15-20 minute walk away from the ground).

For a map showing the location of the ground click here (to take you to the Street Map website).

To go to a simplified page, containing the directions and pub info, which you can print out click here.

Guest StevieSplash

We are driving. where is the best place to park?

I'm driving, reckon i'll be parking at the railway station. Couple of pubs there also.

Posted this in another thread but may help someone here.

http://www.mapmyrun....126883928782192

Mapped out walk from the train station. The scenic/safe route.

Btw, Im going. Most likely on the bus that goes from the pub I work in for boro home games. Whether I go back on that depends on the result. :-)

Anyone wanting to park here and come on the bus would be more than welcome. Its about 15 mins away in Redcar and leaves at 2. Decent bunch of lads go from there. If you want more info drop me a pm.

Dr Browns is the last pub on that route above and away fans are welcome (just below where the route crosses A172 sign).

Stay away from the navvy near the ground.

oh and btw, Yarm is full of gayers.

Edited by ceders123

Guest StevieSplash

Posted this in another thread but may help someone here.

http://www.mapmyrun....126883928782192

Mapped out walk from the train station. The scenic/safe route.

Btw, Im going. Most likely on the bus that goes from the pub I work in for boro home games. Whether I go back on that depends on the result. :-)

Anyone wanting to park here and come on the bus would be more than welcome. Its about 15 mins away in Redcar and leaves at 2. Decent bunch of lads go from there. If you want more info drop me a pm.

Dr Browns is the last pub on that route above and away fans are welcome (just below where the route crosses A172 sign).

Stay away from the navvy near the ground.

oh and btw, Yarm is full of gayers.

Whats the problem with walking the down Bridge St E/ Windward Way from the railway station?

Myslef and a fair few others will be going to a few pubs before the game if anyone fancies a few. Probs meet up in the wetherspoons round the corner from the train station.

Living in the Middlesbrough area now so if anyone needs any advice on where to go just gimme a shout.

Guest StevieSplash

Myslef and a fair few others will be going to a few pubs before the game if anyone fancies a few. Probs meet up in the wetherspoons round the corner from the train station.

Living in the Middlesbrough area now so if anyone needs any advice on where to go just gimme a shout.

Whats the name of the Wetherspoons pub please?