...to the station.

Can't help thinking that was a valuable point after a very poor first half.

It was a well worked goal and we looked like we could have won it today, with Clarke having a great chance from just a few yards out. I think AI got it tactically right today by putting Buxton on Tarrabat(sp), kept him pretty quiet.

Must win game on Monday.

...to the station.

It was a well worked goal and we looked like we could have won it today, with Clarke having a great chance from just a few yards out. I think AI got it tactically right today by putting Buxton on Tarrabat(sp), kept him pretty quiet.

Must win game on Monday.

When I saw the thread title I thought that was strange you got home so fast!

But yeah, vital point today and Monday is going to be huge.

...to the station.

Must win game on Monday.

How many times has Clarke had a late chance to win the game in the last month alone!!

Its all about the home games,.... anything we pick up out of our remaining away games are a bonus.

We need to back the draw up with a win.

MASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEVE monday.

All 3 of our remaining home games are very winable.... if we can win 2 of the 3 then i think we'll stop up regardless of our away games.

Edited by TheBoyBeevers

To be fair to Clarke it wasn't a clear cut chance and I think the keeper and/or defender beat him to it. Maybe a bit more conviction and he'd have scored, I don't know.

Anyway it was a good second half performance, and JJ changed the game - he looked so comfortable and dangerous on the ball.

I've been back a while now...but that's because I live in London.

I thought we were completely toothless and devoid of any attacking ability until the final quarter of the match. I'd have JOC as my man of the match because he was the one player who put in constant effort when the rest of the team were sluggish - it was a shame he couldn't get more power onto that header. Special mention to Grant for a couple of great saves, Spurr for the cross for the goal, Soares for his effort and the finish, and of course JJ for basically turning the game in our favour after we were in danger of falling to a very miserable defeat. I thought Purse had a decent game too. Potter was absolutely terrible, and he should've been taken off much earlier than he was.

In all, I'm very happy with a point. I really wasn't expecting anything from this game beforehand, and certainly not at the half-way stage of the second half when we still didn't look as though we were going to create anything remotely resembling a goal-scoring chance.

Edited by punkskaphil

To be fair we just were not in it for the first 60 minutes.

JJ's appearance turn things around and we looked a different side last 30 minutes.

Have to say the distribution from the back was APPALLING. I love Spurr to bits, but he simply cannot pass the ball.

But all 4 were guilty time after time.

Well chuffed with the point though, and what a glorious goal!!

still in London!

Can't believe we drew and disappointed not to win, if that makes any sense!?

We did nothing for 60 minutes, 4-5-1 didn't work, or did it because they only scored one, I'm not sure!?

Clarke had a great chance to win it and I would have been on pitch if he did.

All in all, I would have taken a point before the game, but I'm disappointed we didn't get all three, or am I, I'm not too sure!?

I'm confused!

The lads worked very hard and their heads never went down (unlike Derby, Watford, Reading et al). However we never looked like even creating a chance let alone scoring before JJ and Clarke came on.

Varney was very poor on the left wing before he was taken off and QPR dominated the midfield though Buxton did a good man marking job on their main threat, Taarbat.

What a difference JJ in particular made in the last quarter, all of a sudden we had some attacking threat and we were the only one team likely to score the winner though a draw was a fair result in the end. Purse was excellent again in defence and was probably MoM along with JJ.

Guest The Southern Owl

I agree - JJ and Purse were excellent. Only two real dodgy clearances from Purse, particularly the one he blasted off the pitch after about 20mins.

Here's hoping for Monday! At least Palace and Watford didn't win today.

Am hoping to be on the telly later as I was RIGHT behind the goal for Soares header!! UP THE OWLS!!!

Feel free to read my blog on the Wednesdayite.com homepage if you'd like to kill 5 mins - particularly if you're iPhoning/Blackberrying on the train home reading this!

- The Southern Owl

thought the plan worked very well.

We did a pretty good job containing their fancy loan players first half.

Buxton did a very good man to man job on Taarbat.

varney and tuds had a thankless task chasing long balls.

No way could JJ have started the game, he was blowing after a few minutes but what an impact as sub.

And what a great goal from JJ's run, Tommys cross and Soars great far post header.

Well done Wednesday

As bad as we were in the first half QPR were not that much better.

I think we set out not to get beat with 5 defenders and 4 acroos the middle

In the build to their goal Purse nearly had his head took off with a high boot and we should have had a free kick

We were much better when JJ and Clarke came on

We could possibly have nicked it, but a point is probably just about what we deserved

We looked solid enough but dont look like we have enough going forward

I would have taken a point before the game so not dissapointed

Must win game monday

UTO

I agree - JJ and Purse were excellent. Only two real dodgy clearances from Purse, particularly the one he blasted off the pitch after about 20mins.

Am hoping to be on the telly later as I was RIGHT behind the goal for Soares header!! UP THE OWLS!!!

Feel free to read my blog on the Wednesdayite.com homepage if you'd like to kill 5 mins - particularly if you're iPhoning/Blackberrying on the train home reading this!

- The Southern Owl

I've enjoyed reading your blogs so far, keep up the good work.

- The Southern Owl

Don't know if you can see yourself in the bottom right photo in the photo gallery? Link

Got to be happy with a point. A lot of honest graft went ito the game this afternoon. Soarse has started to show us what he is capable of and capped his recent run of good form with a well taken goal. AIs subs worked well with an almost instant impact after a good deal of time wasting by Rangers and JJ getting on the ball with a great cross field run and a pass through to Spurr. The cross was perfect for Soarse to head in. Worried for first hour as we were out muscled but definitely finished the stronger and could have sneaked all three points if Leon had managed to get his toe to a late cross. We are now well organised and hard to beat. We must win on Monday and were fortunate that Scunny, Watford and Palace have not taken advantage. We can do it we're too good to go down. UTO

I thought the 4-5-1 was spot on today, Irvine got it right IMO. We conceded a sloppy goal we should have cleared a lot sooner.

But the longer the game went on it was clear we weren't going to score with the defensive formation but Irvine didn't panic and left it late. If we had gone more attacking sooner then we may have conceded again when chasing the game. Have to say it was a very well worked goal.

Qpr looked good going forward yet dodgey at the back, and jj really changed the game, and leon did well too.

Thought Buxton did well considering he has been out so long and tarrabt is a fantastic player and joc worked his socks off, as did tudgay who was clearly frustrated at the lack of service and carney didn't help him at all today.

I've defended potter in the past but he was poor today, but on a narrow pitch he was never going to get time on the ball and was closed down at every opportunity. another good point away from home, need to win on Monday and I think we'll be fine.

To be fair to Clarke it wasn't a clear cut chance and I think the keeper and/or defender beat him to it. Maybe a bit more conviction and he'd have scored, I don't know.

Anyway it was a good second half performance, and JJ changed the game - he looked so comfortable and dangerous on the ball.

Clarke should have put the defender, keeper and ball in the back of the net and let the ref decide if it was a goal or not.

what a rumbleing toilet game that was

dour. from both sides.

happy with a point though. Particularly as I was suffering with the worst hangover of my 23 years of existence today and had to get my old man to pull over several times on the way there so I could chunder. I think I would have died if we had lost.