Proud to be an Owl

Radio Sheffield this morning announced that their recent CT scanner appeal for Sheffield Childrens hospital had reached the target of £500,000 within the 6 month time frame.

As part of the news of major contributors, it was mentioned that SWFC and its fans had donated over £80,000 of this figure.

A big well done to LS, NP, SWFC & all the fans.

Guest chezzyowl

Aye its good news.

But would the £1m 3 year sponsorship deal on shirts have given us the 3 players we need right now?

The £80k could have been raised by bucket collections, still donate the £1 per shirt.

Thud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aye its good news.

But would the £1m 3 year sponsorship deal on shirts have given us the 3 players we need right now?

The £80k could have been raised by bucket collections, still donate the £1 per shirt.

Thud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd rather the Children's Hospital get the vital equipment they need to help save kids lives and SWFC get relegated, rather than no scanner and Wednesday staying up, to be perfectly honest.

Edited by oh_weds_we_love_you

Guest aphextwins

I'd rather the Children's Hospital get the vital equipment they need to help save kids lives and SWFC get relegated, rather than no scanner and Wednesday staying up, to be perfectly honest.

What he said.

Agreed 100%. The SCH saved my step sisters life not too long ago. Some things are just more important than football.

This.

Every time.

No question.

Aye its good news.

Thud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not going to bite on that one except to say I suspect you haven't had kids who are alive because of SCH

Guest chezzyowl

You are not reading my drift....

We would still have the connection, adverts round the ground, name a stand, donate from the shirt or all shop sales.

FYI I have 3 kids and would never criticise the KIds Hospital they are amazing.

not going to bite on that one except to say I suspect you haven't had kids who are alive because of SCH

Guest Stereophonics

I don't like kids.

I like Sheffield Wednesday.

Still very proud of what Wednesday have done with this.

Guest Stereophonics

Here, here, You can have mine aged 23 & 24, but both toilet trained. :biggrin:

Well done to the club and fans. Great effort.

:biggrin:

Very proud of our club for what they are doing with the sponsorship. Wonder if it will be reported on Look Leeds North

Does anyone know how much Hirsty & Co's Coast-to-Coast Bike Ride raised? Some was for a minibus, and some was for the Scanner Appeal, wasn't it?

80k. Nice one, well done.

Also, btw, = FJ for about 10 months. Allegedly. :ph34r:

Oops, er, weeks, that is...!!!

Edited by shabbyhouse

Aye its good news.

Thud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sometimes there are more important things than football. (Very rare, but they do exist)

Bang on.

We're a football club, they're a childrens hospital FFS.

We shouldn't even have to talk about which one is more deserving of money.