ST Direct Debit

Guest Manwithastick

Usually buy it lump sum out of the dividend i take from my business in june. Probably not an option this year :(

Cant you get it/them on DD, the 1st payment will go out in April then just pay it up early with your usual method as soon as possable?

People can argue, disagree, say grow some balls etc etc.

The long and short of it is that the selling of next years season tickets has been nothing short of farcical. We have problems around DD's, interest being applied to 0% credit cards, and no matter what people think, not everyone has access to or interest in the web to get this information.

Good idea's in principle - poor execution.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Fantastic ideas - agreed.

Execution - pathetic.

We have people telling you in this thread that they didn't know, their friends didn't know - at is going to cost the club ST's.

So the feedback is - too complex, not clear enough to the 'laymen' - the very people who are the backbone of this club. When you're buying your ST online it does not outline clear enough the finance agreement - we are going to have people get a letter from Zebra telling them they have a 6 month option when they think they've got 10/2 months. A stage needs to be added to the purchase telling them - you will now get a letter from Zebra with the following T&C's, it will cost you APPROX....a month.

There will be trouble ahead if this isn't sorted.

Unrelated questions - do Derby and Norwich fans get penalised for not renewing/buying online?

We are aware that the online journey isn't ideal when it comes to the DD option (and the journey full stop for that matter) and are working with the providers of the online store to make improvements. We needed to move quickly in order to be able to offer the DD facility over the Internet and as a result the solution isn't as ideal as we would have wanted.

We'll be working hard with the providers to make the necessary improvements and ensure that things are clearer in the future.

It currently says the following at the start of the Finance Terms & Conditions:

10/11 Season Tickets payments will be spread over

* 12 months for ticket purchased before 23:59 on the 8th Feb 2010.

* 10 month interest free credit for tickets purchased between 0:00 9th February 2010 and 23:59 on the 8th March 2010.

* 6 months interest free credit for ticket purchased between 0:00 9th March 2010 and 23:59 on the 30th June 2010.

People can argue, disagree, say grow some balls etc etc.

The long and short of it is that the selling of next years season tickets has been nothing short of farcical. We have problems around DD's, interest being applied to 0% credit cards, and no matter what people think, not everyone has access to or interest in the web to get this information.

Good idea's in principle - poor execution.

Unfortunately we've experienced some issues around the DD and 0% MasterCard - these have been down to the fact that both services are provided by 3rd parties. There is always a risk that issues may occur when out of the clubs direct control, and whilst we hard with partners to minimise the frequency of these, the occasional problem will inevitably occur.

77% of people so far have renewed using the Internet - showing that the majority of fans do have access to the web and are prepared to use it.

All information has also been covered, in depth, in matchday programme, Direct Mail to existing ST holders, outdoor press advertising, ST leaflets, and radio interviews.

Unfortunately we've experienced some issues around the DD and 0% MasterCard - these have been down to the fact that both services are provided by 3rd parties. There is always a risk that issues may occur when out of the clubs direct control, and whilst we hard with partners to minimise the frequency of these, the occasional problem will inevitably occur.

77% of people so far have renewed using the Internet - showing that the majority of fans do have access to the web and are prepared to use it.

All information has also been covered, in depth, in matchday programme, Direct Mail to existing ST holders, outdoor press advertising, ST leaflets, and radio interviews.

Thing is Chris - whilst those stats are good in percentage terms, its still less than 5000 tickets sold online It doesn't take into account people who aren't renewing/haven't renewed for whatever reason.

The third party comment cannot be argued with - I agree - but what it has done is put a massive dampner on it for some people, after all many people bleated about using these mediums when people were stated they couldn't afford tickets. And I certainly haven't received a direct mail shot (current s/t holder)?

But overall, the figures are low, and some fans are feeling a little miffed about it all. Yes we can say we'd not sold anything like this by this time last year - but I bet the uptake drops significantly after the next renewal date and we'll do well to sell 10,000.

Saying that - I can categorically state that if the club were in the top 10 at the moment, I bet there'd be at least another 5-6000 tickets sold by now.

hi all'

the trouble as far as i can see with this system is that .

too many fans do not like change ,ie done it this way,done it that way ,bury there heads in the sand sort of stuff,HOPING AGAINST HOPE that they can revert back to the normal way of securing an st, its like any transaction in normal life people get stuck in the mindset of i do it this way and wont alter that stance no matter what you offer them.

i for one can see the advantages in the direct debit scheme ,but for every fan that go's down this route and embraces this route there will be twice as many that won.t

call em stick in the muds or what u will ,but no matter what the implications on the budget side are ,it remains the same certain people wll renew at their normal renewal date no matter what .

i am not having a dig so to speak but thats life they either will or wont ,hope its the earlier of the two tbh

hope this makes sence as i am not very adept in posting .regards

Thing is Chris - whilst those stats are good in percentage terms, its still less than 5000 tickets sold online It doesn't take into account people who aren't renewing/haven't renewed for whatever reason.

The third party comment cannot be argued with - I agree - but what it has done is put a massive dampner on it for some people, after all many people bleated about using these mediums when people were stated they couldn't afford tickets. And I certainly haven't received a direct mail shot (current s/t holder)?

But overall, the figures are low, and some fans are feeling a little miffed about it all. Yes we can say we'd not sold anything like this by this time last year - but I bet the uptake drops significantly after the next renewal date and we'll do well to sell 10,000.

Saying that - I can categorically state that if the club were in the top 10 at the moment, I bet there'd be at least another 5-6000 tickets sold by now.

The DM shot was sent to all existing ST holders who hadn't renewed at that time (Saturday 6th Feb if my memory serves) so you should have received one unless you had already renewed.

As you say, the performance of the team has a massive effect on season ticket sales and if we'd have been up around the playoffs then we'd have sold loads more tickets by now.

This year was always going to be a difficult one as it is the 'transition' from April to November launch dates. That, combined with cheaper online pricing, interest free DD, new Community ST, Refer-a-friend, Grandstand pricing change etc meant that there was LOADS of new information that people needed to know about.

We'll be working extremely hard to learn from this process and ensure that things are communicated as clearly as possible for the next Season Ticket campaign, the online process is improved and fans can used to the new processes in place.

The DM shot was sent to all existing ST holders who hadn't renewed at that time (Saturday 6th Feb if my memory serves) so you should have received one unless you had already renewed.

As you say, the performance of the team has a massive effect on season ticket sales and if we'd have been up around the playoffs then we'd have sold loads more tickets by now.

This year was always going to be a difficult one as it is the 'transition' from April to November launch dates. That, combined with cheaper online pricing, interest free DD, new Community ST, Refer-a-friend, Grandstand pricing change etc meant that there was LOADS of new information that people needed to know about.

We'll be working extremely hard to learn from this process and ensure that things are communicated as clearly as possible for the next Season Ticket campaign, the online process is improved and fans can used to the new processes in place.

Fair comment - I renewed on the 5th.

And fair point too - I appreciate its a learning process and to be honest, its good that the club are looking at learning from this (as the fans should too).

We are aware that the online journey isn't ideal when it comes to the DD option (and the journey full stop for that matter) and are working with the providers of the online store to make improvements. We needed to move quickly in order to be able to offer the DD facility over the Internet and as a result the solution isn't as ideal as we would have wanted.

We'll be working hard with the providers to make the necessary improvements and ensure that things are clearer in the future.

It currently says the following at the start of the Finance Terms & Conditions:

* 10 month interest free credit for tickets purchased between 0:00 9th February 2010 and 23:59 on the 8th March 2010.

* 6 months interest free credit for ticket purchased between 0:00 9th March 2010 and 23:59 on the 30th June 2010.

Can't argue with that and it's great the club are being responsive to feedback

However - where do access the T&Cs when purchasing other than when Zebra post the agreement.

Perhaps a tick box for T&Cs as part of the process to acknowledge people have read/understood them - it is the customers responsbility then.

The info - although available in FAQs etc, should be part of the purchase process.

Can't argue with that and it's great the club are being responsive to feedback

However - where do access the T&Cs when purchasing other than when Zebra post the agreement.

Perhaps a tick box for T&Cs as part of the process to acknowledge people have read/understood them - it is the customers responsbility then.

The info - although available in FAQs etc, should be part of the purchase process.

The following Ts and Cs are included in the online journey and the box MUST BE TICKED to confirm they have been read and understood before a purchase can be made:

" Half season ticket can only be purchased on finance before the 23:59 30th November 2010 to ensure your credit agreement has been received by our finance partners and we can print your ticket. Any purchases after this time will not be offered the interest free finance option. If you are just buying a half season ticket, then your payments will only be spread over 5 months interest.

Once you have completed your transaction, our finance partners will send you a credit agreement and confirm your monthly payments. You need to sign this and send this back to them within 14 days of receipt in order for the sale to be confirmed. Failure to do this may result in your seat being released back to sale and any admin fees paid will be non refundable.

Before completing your finance application please read and confirm the information below.

DATA PROTECTION

In considering your application for credit and any relevant insurance, we will search you record at credit reference agencies. This will add your record details of our search and your application and this will be seen by other organisations that make searches.

We may use a credit scoring or other automated decision making system when assessing your application, we will add to your record with the Credit Reference Agencies details of your agreement with us, the payments you make under it, and any default or failure to keep to its terms and any change of address you fail to tell us about where a payment is overdue.

It is important to give us accurate information. We will check your details with fraud prevention agencies, and if you give false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, we will record this. Your record will be shared with other organisations and used by them to; help make decisions about credit for you trace debtors, recover debt, prevent money laundering and fraud

We, the Credit reference Agencies and Fraud Prevention Agencies, will also use your record for statistical analysis about credit and insurance and fraud. Fraud Prevention Agency records will also be shared with other organisations to help make decisions on motor, household, credit, life and other insurance proposals and insurance claims, for you.

Zebra may disclose information contained in this agreement to its agents and nominated retailers.

IF YOU WANT TO HAVE DETAILS OF THOSE CREDIT REFERENCE AND FRAUD PREVENTION AGENCIES FROM WHOM WE OBTAIN AND TO WHOM WE PASS INFORMATION ABOUT YOU, PLEASE TELEPHONE US ON 0845 634 1199

YOU HAVE A LEGAL RIGHT TO THESE DETAILS. YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO RECEIVE A COPY OF THE INFORMATION WE HOLD ABOUT YOU, IF YOUR APPLY TO US IN WRITING TO THE ADDRESS BELOW.

CUSTOMER DECLARATION

a) The particulars given here and any others given by myself are true and correct.

b) I authorise you to apply for any necessary references regarding my application.

c) I hereby authorise and request you to contact me by telephone at my place of employment on matters relating to this transaction and I have provided you with telephone numbers(s) for use in this connection. I understand that this authority and request can be withdrawn at any time in writing.

d) I declare that I am entitled to disclose the information that I have provided in my application about my partner.

IMPORTANT - USE OF YOUR INFORMATION

You have a right to know how we will use your personal information.

It is important that you should read the above 'Data Protection' notice before you proceed.

Whether or not your application is accepted, you agree:

i) we may send you information about products of ours that may be of interest to you; and

ii) we may pass your details to other companies of our group to send you information about their products.

You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you by post, telephone or e-mail, or giving your details to others for these purposes. If you wish us to stop you may write to us at the address shown here

Compliance Department

Zebra Finance Ltd

Unit 1,

Heritage Business Centre,

Derby Road,

Belper.

DE56 1SW.

"

Chris

The following Ts and Cs are included in the online journey and the box MUST BE TICKED to confirm they have been read and understood before a purchase can be made:

" Half season ticket can only be purchased on finance before the 23:59 30th November 2010 to ensure your credit agreement has been received by our finance partners and we can print your ticket. Any purchases after this time will not be offered the interest free finance option. If you are just buying a half season ticket, then your payments will only be spread over 5 months interest.

Once you have completed your transaction, our finance partners will send you a credit agreement and confirm your monthly payments. You need to sign this and send this back to them within 14 days of receipt in order for the sale to be confirmed. Failure to do this may result in your seat being released back to sale and any admin fees paid will be non refundable.

Before completing your finance application please read and confirm the information below.

DATA PROTECTION

In considering your application for credit and any relevant insurance, we will search you record at credit reference agencies. This will add your record details of our search and your application and this will be seen by other organisations that make searches.

We may use a credit scoring or other automated decision making system when assessing your application, we will add to your record with the Credit Reference Agencies details of your agreement with us, the payments you make under it, and any default or failure to keep to its terms and any change of address you fail to tell us about where a payment is overdue.

It is important to give us accurate information. We will check your details with fraud prevention agencies, and if you give false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, we will record this. Your record will be shared with other organisations and used by them to; help make decisions about credit for you trace debtors, recover debt, prevent money laundering and fraud

We, the Credit reference Agencies and Fraud Prevention Agencies, will also use your record for statistical analysis about credit and insurance and fraud. Fraud Prevention Agency records will also be shared with other organisations to help make decisions on motor, household, credit, life and other insurance proposals and insurance claims, for you.

Zebra may disclose information contained in this agreement to its agents and nominated retailers.

IF YOU WANT TO HAVE DETAILS OF THOSE CREDIT REFERENCE AND FRAUD PREVENTION AGENCIES FROM WHOM WE OBTAIN AND TO WHOM WE PASS INFORMATION ABOUT YOU, PLEASE TELEPHONE US ON 0845 634 1199

YOU HAVE A LEGAL RIGHT TO THESE DETAILS. YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO RECEIVE A COPY OF THE INFORMATION WE HOLD ABOUT YOU, IF YOUR APPLY TO US IN WRITING TO THE ADDRESS BELOW.

CUSTOMER DECLARATION

a) The particulars given here and any others given by myself are true and correct.

b) I authorise you to apply for any necessary references regarding my application.

c) I hereby authorise and request you to contact me by telephone at my place of employment on matters relating to this transaction and I have provided you with telephone numbers(s) for use in this connection. I understand that this authority and request can be withdrawn at any time in writing.

d) I declare that I am entitled to disclose the information that I have provided in my application about my partner.

IMPORTANT - USE OF YOUR INFORMATION

You have a right to know how we will use your personal information.

It is important that you should read the above 'Data Protection' notice before you proceed.

Whether or not your application is accepted, you agree:

i) we may send you information about products of ours that may be of interest to you; and

ii) we may pass your details to other companies of our group to send you information about their products.

You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you by post, telephone or e-mail, or giving your details to others for these purposes. If you wish us to stop you may write to us at the address shown here

Compliance Department

Zebra Finance Ltd

Unit 1,

Heritage Business Centre,

Derby Road,

Belper.

DE56 1SW.

"

Chris

Nice - can't remember that part - thanks for your feedback/action.