ST Direct Debit

Guest Manwithastick

So, having folked out on an annual basis for the past 20+ years for a season ticket during the months of May/June/July, this coming year you've totally forgot that you have a season ticket to pay for, and you've fooked up that much can't pay it over a 6 month interest-free period?

No disrespect, but isn't that your fault?

The Club can't pander around everyone's poor financial planning, it does have bills to pay too.

Exactly what I was thinking to be honest (there is a recession though).

You could always move to the kop / get a saturday only ticket? Both much cheaper than £405

But that's NOT what is happening according to posters on here Chris. Jtswfc1 says he set his up '2 weeks ago' (so let's say 10-11 march). should be 6 months. He says he's paying over 12. What's going on? Are Zebra making a balls up and just putting

everyone on 12 months still? If so GREAT, I'll still have one. If not and it must be 6 months then sorry, it no longer makes sense for me to renew under the DD scheme and as i haven't got a spare £405 atm it just won't be happening. Bye bye ST of 20+ years.

And as for worrying about fans paying for another ST in 11/12 whilst still paying for 10/11, it doesn't seem to be an issue that's worrying you this year.

If things are NOT happening as they should then I would ask those people to PM me directly with their details - Name, Client ID, Date & Location of purchase.

I can then take this up directly with Zebra to ensure that problems are not occuring.

Re: "And as for worrying about fans paying for another ST in 11/12 whilst still paying for 10/11, it doesn't seem to be an issue that's worrying you this year." -

This year is a transitional one and was always going to be so. In order to move to the earlier sales date there would always be a time when fans would be asked to pay for 2 season tickets a lot closer together than is usual. The reason behind the DD repayment lengths is so that we can avoid this being an issue next year and move back to paying on an annual basis (as you know...)

Chris

Edited by Chris C

But that's NOT what is happening according to posters on here Chris. Jtswfc1 says he set his up '2 weeks ago' (so let's say 10-11 march). should be 6 months. He says he's paying over 12. What's going on? Are Zebra making a balls up and just putting

everyone on 12 months still? If so GREAT, I'll still have one. If not and it must be 6 months then sorry, it no longer makes sense for me to renew under the DD scheme and as i haven't got a spare £405 atm it just won't be happening. Bye bye ST of 20+ years.

And as for worrying about fans paying for another ST in 11/12 whilst still paying for 10/11, it doesn't seem to be an issue that's worrying you this year.

Biggest poo poo stirrer on owlstalk.

FACT.

Guest Manwithastick

Biggest poo poo stirrer on owlstalk.

FACT.

yawn.

of course you chose to completely ignore the fact that this is a complete mess. you can only stir poo poo if it's there to be stirred. Not that you actually know a single thing about me Markowl.

Edited by Manwithastick

yawn.

of course you chose to completely ignore the fact that this is a complete mess. you can only stir poo poo if it's there to be stirred. Not that you actually know a single thing about me Markowl.

Zebra Finance messing up the DD scheme does need addressing but its hardly a complete mess! I got it over 12 months (it was me you mention in th OP) but its not a problem as the credit agreement also includes sereral options to pay up early.

I've given my details to Chris C so he can look into it.

Sorted without being a drama queen. :rolleyes:

:biggrin:

Just checked when purchased season tickets, i ordered online on the 26th feb, and sent the mandate thing off on 7/8 march. But definatly over 12 months.

Possibly the biggest scare-mongering tactic ever - failure to make a small credit agreement payment and you'll be blacklisted forever! You have to have pretty serious financial mis-management / abuse to be discredited for credit.

Not really, if you stop paying the creditor (Zebra) will send you a reminder for the arrears stating you need to pay. If you still don't pay they will issue you with a default notice under Section 87 (1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, giving you 14 days to remedy the breach of contract. if you still don't pay the Creditor will then terminate the agreement and will then look to sue you or a surety for the amount resulting in a CCJ being issued. All of these will make high street credit nigh on impossible to get for 6 years until it drops off your credit file.

Just checked when purchased season tickets, i ordered online on the 26th feb, and sent the mandate thing off on 7/8 march. But definatly over 12 months.

Can you PM me your details - Client ID & name - and I'll raise with Zebra. Should have been 10 months if purchased on 26th Feb.

you chose to completely ignore the fact that this is a complete mess. you can only stir poo poo if it's there to be stirred.

So, how do you usually fund your season ticket?

Because if you usually save over the course of a year, I would guess you have 9 months worth of savings already, therefore needing just a fraction of the £405 to have the full amount? Alternatively, you usually pay using a credit card and pay it off, which is still an option for this year?

I'm not taking the mick or think you're a tired poo poo-stirrer (!), I'm just struggling to understand how someone who has had an annual 'bill' over the past 20+ years can have got into this situation. That is like me forgotting I've got to pay my car tax next month - its been an annual bill for 12 years of my life! :biggrin:

i don't get why some people have to blow things out of proportion

me, me, me and some more what about me

grow a pair mwas and either sort it or move on, you've known for long enough about the details involved

yet still you persist in acting like a two year old who can't do anything without somebody holding his hand, and your right i don't know you personally but i've read enough posts to draw a conclusion about your internet attitude

ya big willy wobbling poofter

now get that renewal sorted without anymore shenanigans :ph34r:

Not really, if you stop paying the creditor (Zebra) will send you a reminder for the arrears stating you need to pay. If you still don't pay they will issue you with a default notice under Section 87 (1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, giving you 14 days to remedy the breach of contract. if you still don't pay the Creditor will then terminate the agreement and will then look to sue you or a surety for the amount resulting in a CCJ being issued. All of these will make high street credit nigh on impossible to get for 6 years until it drops off your credit file.

Defaulted on a broadband contract (because Tiscali are scumbags*!) and going through all of the above never stopped me getting a mortgage, two personal loans, a SWFC credit card, a mobile phone contract with O2, a new broadband contract with BT, and opening a new bank account (A&L) since...

* in my opinion.

PS Just to make it clear, I'm not advertising that people should default on repayments, just that, from my experience, you can without the 'big, scary' threat of the impact on your credit score. :biggrin:

Edited by oh_weds_we_love_you

Can you PM me your details - Client ID & name - and I'll raise with Zebra. Should have been 10 months if purchased on 26th Feb.

Ive pm you my client number and name but dont want to change agreement though if possible, if there is a short fall at end will just pay balance when needed thanks.

Ive pm you my client number and name but dont want to change agreement though if possible, if there is a short fall at end will just pay balance when needed thanks.

Me too. But I don't think they can change it now anyway as we've signed the agreement.

The details were included on the Season Ticket leaflet that was printed and haven't changed since November.

Also included in the Season Ticket FAQ: http://www.swfc.co.u...ketNewsDetail/0,,10304~1832615,00.html

We couldn't include all details in the posters due to space restrictions but these all said 'Now with Interest Free Direct Debit' - they didn't say 12 months for the very reason that we knew that was for a limited time and did not want to confuse.

We have people telling you in this thread that they didn't know, their friends didn't know - at is going to cost the club ST's.

So the feedback is - too complex, not clear enough to the 'laymen' - the very people who are the backbone of this club. When you're buying your ST online it does not outline clear enough the finance agreement - we are going to have people get a letter from Zebra telling them they have a 6 month option when they think they've got 10/2 months. A stage needs to be added to the purchase telling them - you will now get a letter from Zebra with the following T&C's, it will cost you APPROX....a month.

There will be trouble ahead if this isn't sorted.

Unrelated questions - do Derby and Norwich fans get penalised for not renewing/buying online?

Guest Manwithastick

So, how do you usually fund your season ticket?

Because if you usually save over the course of a year, I would guess you have 9 months worth of savings already, therefore needing just a fraction of the £405 to have the full amount? Alternatively, you usually pay using a credit card and pay it off, which is still an option for this year?

I'm not taking the mick or think you're a tired poo poo-stirrer (!), I'm just struggling to understand how someone who has had an annual 'bill' over the past 20+ years can have got into this situation. That is like me forgotting I've got to pay my car tax next month - its been an annual bill for 12 years of my life! :biggrin:

Usually buy it lump sum out of the dividend i take from my business in june. Probably not an option this year :(

People can argue, disagree, say grow some balls etc etc.

The long and short of it is that the selling of next years season tickets has been nothing short of farcical. We have problems around DD's, interest being applied to 0% credit cards, and no matter what people think, not everyone has access to or interest in the web to get this information.

Good idea's in principle - poor execution.