ST Direct Debit

Guest Manwithastick

Guest Manwithastick

Recently there was a thread where it was pointed out that if you purchase now on the DD scheme you pay over 6 months. Someone (sorry, can't remember who) who had just done it claimed that Zebra had told him it would still be over 12 months. James was going to investigate. Did we get to the

bottom of things?

We were discussing the matter last night and the general consensus, once i'd informed everyone in our group they'd now be paying over 6 months (none out of 9 knew this), was that they'd rather pay on a match by match basis than pay £70 per month between april and september. I'm worried that

this is all going to go horribly wrong.

A good way to do it if it's possible is for you to decide how quickly you want to pay it off.

So you have the choice to pay it off over six months so you're still not paying it off when the following seasons comes out.

Or pay it off over twelve months.

Guest Manwithastick

A good way to do it if it's possible is for you to decide how quickly you want to pay it off.

So you have the choice to pay it off over six months so you're still not paying it off when the following seasons comes out.

Or pay it off over twelve months.

But you don't get a choice, do you? Is it now definately over 6 months? I can understand wanting it paid off before next seasons but six months from april will see it done by september. Why not 10 months so it's finished in jan? 12 months still sees it done in march - surely early enough for next seasons

renewal? take the north stand/grandstand wings - £420 is £70 over 6 months. I just don't see many bothering at that price. It's not like you're going to struggle to get a seat if you haven't got a ST. just looking for some clarity as there was some confusion a couple of weeks ago. at £70 over 6 months I

and those i go with might not bother - i'll just pay per match online - some months will cost more, some less. And i won't pay for the games i miss. Of course the danger is we remain poo and i/we just don't bother at all - one ST mate has missed the last 2 games as he has 'better things to do'. It's a rot

that sets in. With things as they are the club have been forced to extend the deadline twice. Will they extend the DD terms?

Guest Manwithastick

fair enough folks. Those who have replied seem quite dismissive. As of 9am today we stand 10,314 short of our target with the deadline 15 days away. Bearing in mind we've shifted the first deadline twice, i wonder if the club could address this issue?

As it stands today 9000 of THIS seasons ST holders have NOT renewed. When do we start panicking? My point i suppose is that if i could renew today and pay over 12 months at £35 per month i would. At £70 per month I won't.

Problem is that the club can only be so flexible - and I suspect Zebra have a say in things too.

And how far do the club go if they can be more flexible? The last thing we want is people getting season tickets in, say June, taking it over 12 months direct debit only to cancel that direct debit if things get tight around Christmas, or the team doesn't produce the goods on the pitch.

fair enough folks. Those who have replied seem quite dismissive. As of 9am today we stand 10,314 short of our target with the deadline 15 days away. Bearing in mind we've shifted the first deadline twice, i wonder if the club could address this issue?

As it stands today 9000 of THIS seasons ST holders have NOT renewed. When do we start panicking? My point i suppose is that if i could renew today and pay over 12 months at £35 per month i would. At £70 per month I won't.

I wasn't dismissive, like I said, surely the paying customer should have the option to pay it over 12 or 10 months if they wish to do so.

I suppose it depends on the agreement the club have with the finance company.

On a similar note, there was a bit of confusion between the club and Zebra Finance when I had to sort something out. I got a new job shortly after I'd renewed my ST, so contacted Zebra to see what the best thing to do was, as I obviously wanted to find out my new pay details from work before sending my agreement back. I was pushed from pillar to post before finally just agreeing to hold back on sending my agreement back to Zebra.

Recently there was a thread where it was pointed out that if you purchase now on the DD scheme you pay over 6 months. Someone (sorry, can't remember who) who had just done it claimed that Zebra had told him it would still be over 12 months. James was going to investigate. Did we get to the

bottom of things?

We were discussing the matter last night and the general consensus, once i'd informed everyone in our group they'd now be paying over 6 months (none out of 9 knew this), was that they'd rather pay on a match by match basis than pay £70 per month between april and september. I'm worried that

this is all going to go horribly wrong.

I renewed mine and mates season tickets for the north about 2 weeks ago, and my first payment of £32.50 came out today, so is definatly set up over 12 months. They also took the £15 admin charge i paid up in advance off the ticket price even though id missed the first deadline ( not sure if this was because of renewal extension , but thought it was just the price that was froze and not admin fee). Only got back from my holiday today, so never saw other thread, but cant see them 2 weeks making the difference between now having to pay over 6 months instead of 12.

Problem is that the club can only be so flexible - and I suspect Zebra have a say in things too.

And how far do the club go if they can be more flexible? The last thing we want is people getting season tickets in, say June, taking it over 12 months direct debit only to cancel that direct debit if things get tight around Christmas, or the team doesn't produce the goods on the pitch.

You are entering in to an interest free loan, cancelling the payment would probably end in you being chased by the finance company (zebra), a mark against your credit rating and what ever else happens when you default on a loan / credit agreement.

When I set up the loan / DD to buy a ST before Christmas I thought all this was pretty clear after I had read up the details on the OS.

Offering people 12 months to pay for the ST now will mean that we will have all these same problems next season when the 2011/2012 tickets are put on sale in November / December. Its certainly going to take some people time to get used to the new ST sales periods but I think it will be beneficial to the club in the long run.

Guest Manwithastick

I renewed mine and mates season tickets for the north about 2 weeks ago, and my first payment of £32.50 came out today, so is definatly set up over 12 months. They also took the £15 admin charge i paid up in advance off the ticket price even though id missed the first deadline ( not sure if this was because of renewal extension , but thought it was just the price that was froze and not admin fee). Only got back from my holiday today, so never saw other thread, but cant see them 2 weeks making the difference between now having to pay over 6 months instead of 12.

THIS is why i brought this up. This punter says he's paying over 12 months when under the clubs terms he should be paying over 6 months. WTF is going on? Does anybody know 'cos i can assure you that nobody in the ticket office has a clue (i asked). James?

THIS is why i brought this up. This punter says he's paying over 12 months when under the clubs terms he should be paying over 6 months. WTF is going on? Does anybody know 'cos i can assure you that nobody in the ticket office has a clue (i asked). James?

Anyone who bought by Feb 8th was eligible for 12 months interest free DD.

Feb 9th - March 8th was 10 months interest free DD.

March 9th - June 30th is 6 months interest free DD.

July 1st onwards - No DD available.

The reasoning behind the reduction in repayment period is so as many fans as possible have paid for the season ticket before Deadline 1 for 11/12 next season. If we still offered 12 months at this point then people would be having issues with having to purchase another ST before they had finished paying for this one.

Everyone in the ticket office should be aware of these details so I'm not sure why they couldn't help you out.

The reduced admin fee offer was extended in line with the deadline move, but the repayment length was not for the reasons above.

Ultimately the club wants to offer the Direct Debit option in house, and offer fans the choice of a variety of repayment options. As this is currently provided through a 3rd party we were limited in what we could offer whilst trying to ensure all the DDs finished at a suitable point.

Chris

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Why wasn't this properly advertised.

I have mine over 12 months and was persuading two family members to get one now on the understanding they could still get 10 months DD. No way will they go for a 6 month option.

If others realise this then NO WAY will we even match this years total let alone 16,500.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I have mine over 12 months and was persuading two family members to get one now on the understanding they could still get 10 months DD. No way will they go for a 6 month option.

If others realise this then NO WAY will we even match this years total let alone 16,500.

Why?

Last year they paid the full amount in May/June/July

This time its either the same, or split over 6 months. Its no worse than last year, better if you take DD

(Obviously they pay more because they didnt renew at the cheapest date)

Edited by mark77

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The details were included on the Season Ticket leaflet that was printed and haven't changed since November.

Also included in the Season Ticket FAQ: http://www.swfc.co.uk/page/TicketNewsDetail/0,,10304~1832615,00.html

We couldn't include all details in the posters due to space restrictions but these all said 'Now with Interest Free Direct Debit' - they didn't say 12 months for the very reason that we knew that was for a limited time and did not want to confuse.

Guest Manwithastick

Anyone who bought by Feb 8th was eligible for 12 months interest free DD.

Feb 9th - March 8th was 10 months interest free DD.

March 9th - June 30th is 6 months interest free DD.

July 1st onwards - No DD available.

The reasoning behind the reduction in repayment period is so as many fans as possible have paid for the season ticket before Deadline 1 for 11/12 next season. If we still offered 12 months at this point then people would be having issues with having to purchase another ST before they had finished paying for this one.

Everyone in the ticket office should be aware of these details so I'm not sure why they couldn't help you out.

The reduced admin fee offer was extended in line with the deadline move, but the repayment length was not for the reasons above.

Ultimately the club wants to offer the Direct Debit option in house, and offer fans the choice of a variety of repayment options. As this is currently provided through a 3rd party we were limited in what we could offer whilst trying to ensure all the DDs finished at a suitable point.

Chris

But that's NOT what is happening according to posters on here Chris. Jtswfc1 says he set his up '2 weeks ago' (so let's say 10-11 march). should be 6 months. He says he's paying over 12. What's going on? Are Zebra making a balls up and just putting

everyone on 12 months still? If so GREAT, I'll still have one. If not and it must be 6 months then sorry, it no longer makes sense for me to renew under the DD scheme and as i haven't got a spare £405 atm it just won't be happening. Bye bye ST of 20+ years.

And as for worrying about fans paying for another ST in 11/12 whilst still paying for 10/11, it doesn't seem to be an issue that's worrying you this year.

Edited by Manwithastick

You are entering in to an interest free loan, cancelling the payment would probably end in you being chased by the finance company (zebra), a mark against your credit rating and what ever else happens when you default on a loan / credit agreement.

Possibly the biggest scare-mongering tactic ever - failure to make a small credit agreement payment and you'll be blacklisted forever! You have to have pretty serious financial mis-management / abuse to be discredited for credit.

Jim would a better option for you chaps to get an Tesco credit Card, and buy a season ticket on that ?

http://www.tescofinance.com/personal/finance/finance/creditcards/index.jsp?cmpid=affiliate/Which4u/CreditCards/MainTable

0% intrest free on ALL purchases at the moment, 12 months ?

Might be by FAR the easiest and cheapest option ?

Hell, you could actually renew all your friends on that, get club card points for your purchases.....

and get your mates to pay tou off over 12 months.

Easy money / points ;-)

I haven't got a spare £405 atm it just won't be happening. Bye bye ST of 20+ years.

So, having folked out on an annual basis for the past 20+ years for a season ticket during the months of May/June/July, this coming year you've totally forgot that you have a season ticket to pay for, and you've fooked up that much can't pay it over a 6 month interest-free period?

No disrespect, but isn't that your fault?

The Club can't pander around everyone's poor financial planning, it does have bills to pay too.