Last minute winners

Guest Walkley_Owl

Guest Walkley_Owl

last night's was great, makes the poo you go through watching Wednesday worthwhile

been a long time coming as well, the last one I can recall was against Southend

Edited by Walkley_Owl

Guest bigandy

First thing I said to my old man after was.....when was the last time we scored a last minute winner??? What a feeling though! Makes all this poo worth while!

The only one that came to mind was James Quinn's at Hull in the promotion season

Guest Walkley_Owl

First thing I said to my old man after was.....when was the last time we scored a last minute winner??? What a feeling though! Makes all this poo worth while!

The only one that came to mind was James Quinn's at Hull in the promotion season

MacLean grabbed a couple in the 06/07 season, Southend at home

I had a right calm feeling in the last ten minutes (usually I'm a bag of nerves)....I just KNEW we'd score again - even that late on.

I had the same feeling - in fact I had it all day. I just kind of knew we'd win.

Although I wasn't calm going into those last few minutes, I had this strange feeling that the winner was going to come.

Guest Walkley_Owl

I had the same feeling - in fact I had it all day. I just kind of knew we'd win.

Although I wasn't calm going into those last few minutes, I had this strange feeling that the winner was going to come.

I'll be honest I had a "here we go again" feeling after they levelled

First half was that dire, the chin was on the floor thinking we'd end up coming away with a point at most, which wouldn't be good enough. Nolan scored, celebrated like we'd won the FA Cup, a massive relief and believed we could hold on. Watford equalised, had that sinking feeling again and thoughts of the Blades relegating us! Then, step up Luke Varney, booooooooooom! We'd just won the FA Cup for the second time in the same night! :biggrin:

Its never easy being a Wednesdayite!

Guest bigandy

MacLean grabbed a couple in the 06/07 season, Southend at home

Aye one was also against Palace at home, is that right??

I had a right calm feeling in the last ten minutes (usually I'm a bag of nerves)....I just KNEW we'd score again - even that late on.WELL DONE WEDS

I was calm but just because I had accepted that Watford would score in the 90th minute.

You've got to put Mark Crossley's in your top 3Mind you that only scraped the draw

People next to me left early and missed that goal.

One of my memorable last minute goals was Wood v Coventry when JJ played right back, only for a draw but crucial.

The best one for me was Lee Briscoe v Arsenal after Di Canio went all strange with the referee. 89th minute a lovely chip. I went crackers!

Me too.

There is about a 45 second period of my life after that goal that i'l never remember such was the excitement.

Not just me then?

:biggrin:

I suppose it was a reflection of how thoroughly dislikeable Arsenal were back there.

Michael Reddy at Pompey. Possibly the most frenzied celebrations I've ever been in :biggrin:

Was going to post the same... everyone ended up miles away from their original seats. Brilliant match. My fave ever away game. And it totally peed on their promotion party!!! (they'd even got a by-plane with "Congratulations" tied to the back in anticipation at beating us - cheeky swines!!

Was going to post the same... everyone ended up miles away from their original seats. Brilliant match. My fave ever away game. And it totally peed on their promotion party!!! (they'd even got a by-plane with "Congratulations" tied to the back in anticipation at beating us - cheeky swines!!

Bloody hell no wonder they are in the poo poo.

I remember last season's late goal for a 2-2 draw. Again Jeffers was involved and it was against Watford!