Get out of Jail card...

Abysmal.

They were poor, but god weren't we just as bad? We're totally uninspiring, low on confidence and there only one lad who actually is leading the pack and that's Purse (who had a cracking game again).

On another point, I thought some of AI's tactic's were awful tonight. Bringing on Jeffers in the 87 minute? Yes, one can argue this 'won' us the game - but why wasn't a change made with 15-20 minutes to go when it was 1-1, not 3 minutes to go? I was gobsmacked beyond belief Soares was still on the pitch for so long, what a dreadful and shambles performance he put in - easily knocked off the ball and his distribution was Rocastle-esque.

We was bloody lucky they we're as crap as we were, we need to book up for Coventry.

Are you kidding?

We was absolutely dreadful, woeful and terrible 99% of the time tonight and we won by the skin of our teeth.

We've got games coming up against the Blades, Boro and Cardiff - all of whom are vouching for a Play Off place.

I'm being realistic more than anything - yes, tonight was a great result, but it simply isn't good enough and we was poor all around - those teams above will walk all over us if we turn up like that against them!

Purse was damn good tonight. UTO.

Currently the shining light - I don't cack myself everytime he gets the ball now. Looks totally in control. Him and Beevers are striking up a good partnership and in addition, Nolan was great tonight too - got forward well.

As for Spurr, he leaves a lot to be desired - terrible and nearly cost us a goal.

I think we've got to be happy to have played abysmal and won tonight, I think we'd all take that until the end of the season now - but certainly fair enough to question the performance in such an important game.

Just looking at our results this month, only one defeat so far which was away to WBA. One more game at Coventry on Saturday which will mean we've had 7 games this month and if we were to avoid defeat there then its been a pretty decent month are some difficult away games.

tonight was a great result, but it simply isn't good enough

It doesn't get any better than 3 points. The only other thing we could have hoped on top of that was to improve the goal difference.

Forget the performance, that won't be in the history books at the end of the season.

I think we've got to be happy to have played abysmal and won tonight, I think we'd all take that until the end of the season now - but certainly fair enough to question the performance in such an important game.

Just looking at our results this month, only one defeat so far which was away to WBA. One more game at Coventry on Saturday which will mean we've had 7 games this month and if we were to avoid defeat there then its been a pretty decent month are some difficult away games.

Fully agree - I think our saving grace is that we seem to turn it on against better opposition for some unknown reason! Hopefully we can grind out a draw against Coventry (who really aren't playing for anything).

Are you kidding?

We was absolutely dreadful, woeful and terrible 99% of the time tonight and we won by the skin of our teeth.

We've got games coming up against the Blades, Boro and Cardiff - all of whom are vouching for a Play Off place.

I'm being realistic more than anything - yes, tonight was a great result, but it simply isn't good enough and we was poor all around - those teams above will walk all over us if we turn up like that against them!

I haven't attended today's game, so i may not class as a 'True Fan'. I wont make comments on the game today, but i'll just comment on the general way to team plays since AI took over.

It seems to me that we rise to the occasion against better teams. Look at WBA, Leicester and Swansea. All teams that are not only vouching for promotion, but ARE in play-off places/automatic. We got 4out of that, which is pretty good going imo.

Blades is a lottery. You can be in the worst form of your life, whereas Blades could be on the best ... it counts for nothing on the day.

I haven't attended today's game, so i may not class as a 'True Fan'. I wont make comments on the game today, but i'll just comment on the general way to team plays since AI took over.

It seems to me that we rise to the occasion against better teams. Look at WBA, Leicester and Swansea. All teams that are not only vouching for promotion, but ARE in play-off places/automatic. We got 4out of that, which is pretty good going imo.

Blades is a lottery. You can be in the worst form of your life, whereas Blades could be on the best ... it counts for nothing on the day.

beat me to it mate,we seem to drop to the level of poor teams

We've played much better and lost, but last night was always going to be a nervy bat and ball affair.

Both teams got confidence from scoring and had 10 minute spells, but all in all it was the result that mattered, now is the time to chalk points nothing more, nothing less.

Well done Purse, Varney and Nolan.... Purse was a rock (again).

UTO

Guest owls_4_life

Purse and Beevers were outstanding at the back last night and I thought we were really unlucky to concede because we seemed to get back in numbers well for a lot of the game.

First half was abysmal but I thought we stepped it up in the second half and didn't give up when they got their goal, something we would have done straight away under Laws.

Overall didn't think we were that bad last night considering that it was always going to be a scrappy game between two poor sides. On that note however I think I saw some of the most bizarre attempts at passing a football I've ever seen! Looping balls back to the defence?

I don't care how we play now anyway as long as it's enough to get the points required. I was just happy to see a goal!

Abysmal.

They were poor, but god weren't we just as bad? We're totally uninspiring, low on confidence and there only one lad who actually is leading the pack and that's Purse (who had a cracking game again).

On another point, I thought some of AI's tactic's were awful tonight. Bringing on Jeffers in the 87 minute? Yes, one can argue this 'won' us the game - but why wasn't a change made with 15-20 minutes to go when it was 1-1, not 3 minutes to go? I was gobsmacked beyond belief Soares was still on the pitch for so long, what a dreadful and shambles performance he put in - easily knocked off the ball and his distribution was Rocastle-esque.

We was bloody lucky they we're as crap as we were, we need to book up for Coventry.

Absoluletly spot on. Wish they all played with the heart of Purse too - led by example last night,

Irvine is too negative with his tactics and the players don't seem up for it. I'm more worried now that I have been all season.

Having said that, we got the win and I'll take them however they come.

Its true, the performance in the 1st half especially was awful. When I rang my brother at full time though I didnt give a flying flip. We'd got 3 massive points and I was happy as a dog with 2 dicks. All I care about is points on the board. Leave the moaning about performances to the pigs who ring radio pig to try and sound like they know about football. In my opinion, anyone who complains about the style of play when we win is missing the seriousness of the situation. Points keep you up, not pretty football and performances that dont yield results.

Abysmal.

Say what you like we played crap and won.

Makes up for when we deserved something at WBA etc etc.

unbeaten in 4 now and its in our own hands.

I'd have taken that a couple of months ago.

Edited by Owls2k

Abysmal?, absolutely, but do the teams at the top always play well and win, no, where in a mess left by our previous manager. The foam AI has bought over a season would see us playoff ish, the performances wont always be great ,

these aren't his players they are low on confidence, if we keep these set of results going we'll be safe.

Are you kidding?

But we've played those teams, Swansea, West Brom, Forest, Leicester etc and no one deserved to beat us. I think the pressure of the game last night was always going to lead to a nervy performance.

Anyone who turned up last night expecting a full flowing 90 minutes full of goals and excitement needs to take their head out of the clouds. It was a relegation dog fight 6 pointer, it was always going to be scrappy!!!!

Edited by mark77

On another point, I thought some of AI's tactic's were awful tonight. Bringing on Jeffers in the 87 minute? Yes, one can argue this 'won' us the game - but why wasn't a change made with 15-20 minutes to go when it was 1-1, not 3 minutes to go?

Its done to waste time on the clock!