I love this time of year

Focuses the mind

I love the way a whole 46 game season suddenly comes down to 3 or 4 games for teams all over the country

Love the way it all gets so tense - must win games etc

I like being in Hillsborough when the atmosphere is so tense - politics, investment, how good/bad the pies are, how much the ale costs; all become irrelevant

It makes me think about why I follow Wednesday - and I realise its because I still get the buzz walking into 'must win games'

I like watching my team play games that actually matter (albeit for all the wrong reasons this season)

I love the way it makes people say and do stupid stuff because they are so tense and losing has so much impact

I love the fact it all becomes about football and winning games - all the other stuff becomes insignificant

It's been a long sh!tty season and now it's down to having to win 4 from 6 or whatever it is - flippingbrill'

Oh and I love the way the little lambs are bouncing round the fields at the moment, with absolutely no idea of the fate awaiting them

Focuses the mind

I love the way a whole 46 game season suddenly comes down to 3 or 4 games for teams all over the country

I like being in Hillsborough when the atmosphere is so tense - politics, investment, how good/bad the pies are, how much the ale costs; all become irrelevant

It makes me think about why I follow Wednesday - and I realise its because I still get the buzz walking into 'must win games'

I like watching my team play games that actually matter (albeit for all the wrong reasons this season)

I love the way it makes people say and do stupid stuff because they are so tense and losing has so much impact

I love the fact it all becomes about football and winning games - all the other stuff becomes insignificant

It's been a long sh!tty season and now it's down to having to win 4 from 6 or whatever it is - flippingbrill'

Oh and I love the way the little lambs are bouncing round the fields at the moment, with absolutely no idea of the fate awaiting them

How true.

Great post.

Focuses the mind

I like watching my team play games that actually matter (albeit for all the wrong reasons most seasons)

Great post, Handball .......who want's midtable obscurity, relegation dogfights are where it's at!

Great post, Handball .......who want's midtable obscurity, relegation dogfights are where it's at!

That's the truth comrade - A tense, must win game against one of our relegation rivals under the floodlights on a murky March evening at Hillsborough. Who says the sole has been ripped from our game, this is what it's all about - you can have your Sky Sports and Premier League - this is where it's really at.

Mint Sauce or Mutton? - that's the question!!

That's the truth comrade - A tense, must win game against one of our relegation rivals under the floodlights on a murky March evening at Hillsborough. Who says the sole has been ripped from our game, this is what it's all about - you can have your Sky Sports and Premier League - this is where it's really at.

^^^^