Tonight's hugely important fixtures

I said several weeks ago that Palace's slump in form following administration and tough run-in could be the most crucial factors in our own hopes.

But what a sad commentary it will be if we end up depending on another team being docked points for financial mismanagement in order to survive.

I find it more sad that most teams that attempt to cut their cloth accordingly cannot achieve anything in football. They just float from one bad situation to the next.

Palace will get away with murder if they stay up and I'm beginning to think it will be at our expense.

To be honest I think we just have a squad that is rotten to it's core. When things are going well it's all rainbows and butterflies but when the chips are down the majority don't have the bottle/heart/spine to stand up and fight for our club. If by some miracle we stay up it'll be a massive get out of jail free card, because this squad deserves to be relegated. Scunny may be crap but they have fight and they never give up. I wouldn't bet my life on saying the same thing about us, unfortunately.

On the bright side we have a couple of players that could form the spine of a really good squad, as well as having a really promising manager and a fan as a chairman. That almost balances out how let down I feel by this set of players.

We deserve to go down only if we finish in the bottom 3, sod all else.

Didn't personally think Scunny were one of those "crap -ish but griity and workmanlike" sides that we all love to label teams with. Usually applied to smaller northern sides with little footballing history.

Edited by Owlsfan

I find it more sad that most teams that attempt to cut their cloth accordingly cannot achieve anything in football. They just float from one bad situation to the next.

Palace will get away with murder if they stay up and I'm beginning to think it will be at our expense.

Very true

Whatever the faults of the old regime, and lord knows there were many, whenever we were in a crisis they were prepared to do whatever it took to dig us out of it.

Presumably as we were saving the best part of £2m in wages every season compared to our current budget, we could afford to go out and make a few extra loans.

Begs the question.. was our amazing start under Irvine the "honeymoon" period, or is he actually a far better manager than Mr. Laws?

And if indeed it is the honeymoon period, then players should flipping play every match as if to impress the manager

We've been a fairly solid side (by Championship standards) since around Boxing Day, only the odd blip (like Reading) here and there but Irvine quickly put that particular setback behind him and we've really done quite well against some of the better teams in the division lately.

If we manage to hold on to our Championship status this season I'm really looking forward to what we've got in store next year. We won't have to play with this monkey on our back from the start next time, Irvine has had his hands tied behind his back in a way - every game up to this point (besides perhaps Derby) has been more important not to lose than to get the win. He's been going about it the right way by shoring us up at the back as a priority.

It's obvious that going even more attack minded after Laws left would have been suicide, Irvine has been right to focus on making us more solid.

Having said that, tomorrow's game is now coming to the point where going for the win and risk losing would be worth it compared to making sure we don't lose and still not winning.

Edited by Dan™

During Irvine's rein, the games we have won have been games we havent played well in, just got an early goal and seen the game out.

If i recall, at the Donny game we hade an early chance and failed to score, last saturday, if Miller had taken the ealry chance we would have had something to defend.

We need to score early tomorrow.

don't think anybodies mentioned it but Palace had a player sent off again last night,maybe the pressures getting to them because I think they had somebody sent of Saturday. Young side feeling the heat?

don't think anybodies mentioned it but Palace had a player sent off again last night,maybe the pressures getting to them because I think they had somebody sent of Saturday. Young side feeling the heat?

has anyone posted the remaining fixtures for the bottom 6 or a link to them anywhere?

It seems that everyone around us other than Palace and Peterborough are just about finding some form...which rarely happens at this stage. They, like us though will be susceptible to slipping back to their old ways should they get a beating somewhere.

Plymouth are now right back in it as far as I'm concerned whilst Watford have 2 games in hand and I cant see them losing both, weve only lost once in our last 5 games which sounds good but other teams are getting crucial wins, its excruciating and weve been through this so many times before, I sometimes wonder what we actually get out of supporting this club as 90% of the time its pretty miserable.

Lose tonight and we will need an absolute miracle I think. Over to you boys in blue and white.

Plymouth are now right back in it as far as I'm concerned

This is the bit worrying me more than anything.

Before we considered Peterborough and Plymouth as good as down and it was a battle over who didn't want the final relegation spot.....but NOW....now there are two relegation "up for grabs"

It's so tight to call.

Edited by Kate

Guest OwlertonG

has anyone posted the remaining fixtures for the bottom 6 or a link to them anywhere?

What I want to know if why we have played so many games... If we beat Watford tonight;

Palace below us by 4 points still have 1 game in hand

Watford below us by 1 point still have 2 gams in hand

Scunny above us by 1 point still have 1 game in hand also

QPR above us by 3 points still have 1 game in hand ....

(these are based on us beating Watford)