Season Ticket Renewals vs Other Clubs

Just been to Pride Park with Rancid who has renewed his ST at Derby. Best seats in the house = £460. Their cheapest adult season ticket at renewal is £270

According to the official website SWFC renewals for the south stand (offline) are £492. Offline renewals for the Kop are £350. Weekend ST (I am a current holder) are £270 - the same price as a Full ST at Derby

Why are we therefore continually compared to Derby when their ST are cheaper than ours. Maybe that's why they sell more?

Discuss..............

Guest totemowl

Don't forget that they get a discount because their ground is on an industrial estate and doesn't have the same authenticity.

Guest thetruthisoutthere

My limited understanding is that the bank wouldn't let Wednesday drop their Season Ticket prices even if they wanted to.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

No ones fault it's just the way it is

Were there loads of moaning fookers in the ticket office or were they just backing their club by buying ST's?

Even though they don't know what League they will be in next year.

Only Rancid in the ST queue so not possible to answer. Apparently DCFC are expecting around 18k ST sales for next season, down circa 3k from 2009. SWFC = trend setters.

Guest Ripley Owl

Were there loads of moaning fookers in the ticket office or were they just backing their club by buying ST's?

Even though they don't know what League they will be in next year.

Had a crap day at work and just read your post BIG D, it made me chuckle,concise and straight to the point amigo and can i just say i agree totally ! :biggrin:

Now Im not sure about this but over the past decade, just for comparison, how many seasons have Derby played in the third division. How many consecutive seasons have they been in a championship relegation battle, and how many promtions to the prem have thay had.

Plus chuck in a couple of league titles in the last 30 years.

I honestly believe there are very few clubs that could have gone through what weve been through in the last decade and maintained support at any where near our level.

Just look at Newcastle and Chelseas gates during their doldrum periods. There is probably only Liverpool and Man U that could have gone through what weve suffered and had better gates.

Think people should be gratefull that we are averaging 22k when we havent been in the top half of the chamioship for about 15 years, and our only "success" is a third division play off win! And even then we managed to take 43k to a third division game v Hartlepool staged in Wales!!!

Higher average attendances = lower S/T prices for same income.

Higher average attendances, primarily, because it is a single club city.

Obviously, fluctuating factors also come into, I would have thought: current league position, 'legitimate expectations etc, etc- haven't they just got investment?

Thus, I don't think you can compare like for like at this time?

I agree with the cheaper ST - Higher match day price scheme.

I still think that Sheffield Wednesday should discount fans if they can reach a certain level. If the fans rally under the offer the club wins.

Ticket sales of 15,000 are quite simply - pathetic.

Yes, we've had poo poo and yes - im one to talk - but secure a better atmosphere and a full stand, an 'excellent matchday experience' and you will get the clubs fans back.

I agree with the cheaper ST - Higher match day price scheme.

I still think that Sheffield Wednesday should discount fans if they can reach a certain level. If the fans rally under the offer the club wins.

Ticket sales of 15,000 are quite simply - pathetic.

Yes, we've had poo poo and yes - im one to talk - but secure a better atmosphere and a full stand, an 'excellent matchday experience' and you will get the clubs fans back.

Got yours yet then? rolleyes.gif

Nope.

Things are getting worse, gradually, its not down to the pies or the team, its apathy. Finally, after years of poo poo we have a good chairman and a good manager, yet we still are fighting a relegation battle.

Something daring is needed to turn around the gradual fall.

I no longer enjoy going to a game where there's under 20k at Hillsborough. I would return if the stands were full, the atmosphere was loud and the football team - not club - was starting to head up wards.

Untill then, I cannot jusify buying one. Even if I stay in Sheffield next year.

Nope.

Things are getting worse, gradually, its not down to the pies or the team, its apathy. Finally, after years of poo poo we have a good chairman and a good manager, yet we still are fighting a relegation battle.

I no longer enjoy going to a game where there's under 20k at Hillsborough. I would return if the stands were full, the atmosphere was loud and the football team - not club - was starting to head up wards.

If only we had more fans like you ffs.....

Nope.

Please stfu.