Grandad's Official TrueFan Assessment Thread...

Guest Deleted member

Guest Deleted member

OK, tell me about your credentials for being a TrueFan™ and I will assess you and deem you worthy or unworthy...

(Please supply as much supporting evidence as possible to back up your claim)

Over to you.

:biggrin:

PS: Rob Howe - don't bother mate - youre not worthy...

Edited by Deleted member

OK, tell me about your credentials for being a TrueFan™ and I will assess you and deem you worthy or unworthy...

Over to you.

I've got a Sheffield Wednesday hat

About time someone started a thread like this. i can stand people posting on here who are not true fans!

i think there should be an application form for owlstalk before you can post. you would have to submit receipts for season tickets as evidence, and at least one photo with your 'shoes off'.

Over to you.

I watched the 1966 couple final, in my friends mother's front room, on a black and white telly (and cried). Still got 'my friends Dad's program' - priceless. I was seven. Mobley crossed out in ink, and 'Ellis' written in.

Got my scarf nicked at the opening day of the season at Southend in the old third division (1970's). We lost 1 -0.. Never got over the trauma (losing that is).

Damn - do I have to mention I don't have a S/T?

Wheres the edit button when you need it?

About time someone started a thread like this. i can stand people posting on here who are not true fans!

i think there should be an application form for owlstalk before you can post. you would have to submit receipts for season tickets as evidence, and at least one photo with your 'shoes off'.

First decent post you've ever done JohnR (in my respectful opinion)

100% agree.

Guest Deleted member

I've got a Sheffield Wednesday hat

Worthy

I have a Terry Yorath toby jug.

Worthy

I watched the 1966 couple final, in my friends mother's front room, on a black and white telly (and cried). Still got 'my friends Dad's program' - priceless. I was seven. Mobley crossed out in ink, and 'Ellis' written in.

Got my scarf nicked at the opening day of the season at Southend in the old third division (1970's). We lost 1 -0.. Never got over the trauma (losing that is).

Damn - do I have to mention I don't have a S/T?

Wheres the edit button when you need it?

Not worthy (you were doing ok til the BOLD bit)

I am so dedicated to the cause that I was once prescribed horse tranquilisers to enable me to go to an away game.

Worthy

I tug to Vangelis Conquest of Paradise with a Wednesday scarf to restrict my breathing and a life size cut out of Sodje with his top off on the ceiling.

UBER fan

I've got a 6aside team in manchester who I force to wear me and my brothers old wednesday shirts for games even though 3 of them support ipswich, liverpool and forest.

Not worthy (living in Manchester counted you out)

I have never once boo'd a Wednesday player or performance.

I also clapped once.

I think.

Clapping once is rubbish - you have to clap lots (and be happy when you are doing it)

I have Larry May tattooed in arabic on my left fore arm

Not worthy (you should never be so ashamed that you have to disguise the players name in a foreign laguage - I have Darren Wood tattooed on my inner thigh)

Using a blunt compass I carved the words 'ALL MUVVERFUKEN WEDZ' into my mum's anus

Ridiculous - NOT WORTHY

I usually try and wear blue jeans with White socks and trainers. Except when I'm wearing dark socks.

UBERfan

I once discharged myself form hospital minutes after my chemotherapy session had finished so that I could attend a match.

and........ after an operation, I could not bend my leg....so bought 2 seats so that I could accommodate my attendance.

but thats was before we were poo poo...... my TrueFan™ status is in remission.

I once stood in a puddle of some blokes wee wee away at Watford, the dirty bugger couldn’t be bothered to go to the toilet so he pissed where he was standing. Thankfully he and his paralytic mates left at half time, but most of the wee wee had leaked towards me and down towards the people in front! Nice.

We lost 2-1, Whelan scored a lucky late goal. Does this qualify me as a true fan?

Guest Deleted member

I have a season ticket for rotherham united.

Worthy (I watch the Millers myself)

I once discharged myself form hospital minutes after my chemotherapy session had finished so that I could attend a match.

and........ after an operation, I could not bend my leg....so bought 2 seats so that I could accommodate my attendance.

but thats was before we were poo poo...... my TrueFan™ status is in remission.

Not worthy (sorry we were never poo poo - close but no cigar) *cough*