My Away Days

Now I'm not a frequent away day person.

And tonight I've realised why.

Five away games, from an addled memory:

5. Port Vale

Won 3-0. However I decided it was a good idea to stay up all night and go straight to the match. Think the match was on or around boxing day. However, I was at this time in Walsall. The memory of stood in Walsall train station, on my own, at 7 in the morning with a can of Strongbow, to meet people in Derby, to get to Port Vale, was long to say the least.

4. Nottingham Forest

Quite recent. Mistook Nottingham train station for Sheffield. Taxi into the middle of nowhere, asking a surprised taxi driver to take me to Greenhill. 3 miles, and 5 hours later, got back to Sheffield. Lost. I think.

3. Peterborough

Forgot the tickets. Won 1-0.

2. Leeds

Great idea to have a pint in a pub just up from Elland Road, Wagon & Horses I think. Lost 3-0. Chased up the hard shoulder of the M62 by angry Yorkshire men. Stupid flipper trainers. Looked like a lost seal with big feet on land.

1. QPR

My first ever away game. Drew 1-1. Dean Coney scored for them - but memorable because it was the last match they played on their plastic pitch. Couldn't get any turf.

Thought I'd share that with you.

Since my first away game (Hartlepool in Cardiff) I have been to:

Sunderland 1-0 lose

Barnsley 3-0 win & 2-1 lose

Coventry 3-1 lose

Derby 2-2 draw

Crystal Palace 2-1 win

Nottingham Forest 2-1 lose

QPR 0-0 draw

Watford 2-2 draw

West Brom 1-1 draw

Note: Not in order.

Only 2 wins in the league! My favourite apart from Hartlepool was Palace, great day out.

Not got to one this season yet as most of my mates are piggies :(