seventies or noughties

Good OP, The team in the mid 70's is easily the worse I have see n at S6 and I would suspect is the worse in our entire history. But your point about hope is very relevant. When we went up to the top flight in 84 I remember an LP which being released and a on the back was a statement ' League Champions by 1988'. There was even in the depths of the 70's a belief that Wednesday could still be a true force in English football. Without Man City/Chelsea style funding I sadly do not believe it can ever be achieved.

the seventies were bad believe me, relegated from the 1st at the begining promoted from the 3rd at the end,crowds of 7000 at times.

but i look back with nostalgia,why?because most clubs were like us including man u,we had a chance of competing with them,with a bit of luck.

now we have to haul our GREAT club around the world hoping for someone to feel like it like we do,on the hope to give us money to get us to the premiership never mind win it.

by the way this is not a go lee,good luck to him.

just at the way it has to be.

The 70's team was truly rubbish (although Chris Turner very nearly emulated them) - however i was young and taking my first steps in following the team going with my mates - and being let off the leash was so exciting - crap as we were i adored those players

The fall in the 90's was very hard to take as it is was all so avoidable - and we were burning while club custodians fiddled - it was heatbreaking and infuriating beyond belief

I rumbleing hate what happened to us - and because it was allowed to happen

I'm nearly 22 so I only started getting proper into Wednesday around the start of our decline in the 90s. So we've pretty much been poo poo my whole life.

Same here. I just about remember us being good when I was a kid. WIsh I'd been old enough to appreciate it back then. *sigh*

But hey. I've always gone to games and kept the faith. And by and large, have loved every minute. So can't complain too much.

The 70's team was truly rubbish (although Chris Turner very nearly emulated them) - however i was young and taking my first steps in following the team going with my mates - and being let off the leash was so exciting - crap as we were i adored those players

The fall in the 90's was very hard to take as it is was all so avoidable - and we were burning while club custodians fiddled - it was heatbreaking and infuriating beyond belief

I rumbleing hate what happened to us - and because it was allowed to happen

..says it all in a nutshell...

the team and club were complete poo in the seventies (apart from boxing day 79) but i had some of the best times i,ll ever have going to away matches during my youth in 70,s and early 80,s with the best set of away fans ever happy days