JJ to be offered coaching role

Heard on good authority that JJ is to be offered a player/coach role in the summer. He's desperate to do his UEFA badges so see's this as the ideal oppurtunity to progress. Sources inside the club say he has an excellent insight into management, great motivational skills.

What does everyone think about this? Might be worth it just for the young Jamaican talent out there he could lure into the club

Heard on good authority that JJ is to be offered a player/coach role in the summer. He's desperate to do his UEFA badges so see's this as the ideal oppurtunity to progress. Sources inside the club say he has an excellent insight into management, great motivational skills.

What does everyone think about this? Might be worth it just for the young Jamaican talent out there he could lure into the club

Get him handing out the Powerades at half and full time.......

Actually that might be a bad idea :laugh:

Edited by dazzler07

1) He's about 29/30.............. why would he do this now ?

2)

great motivational skills
:biggrin:

3)

Might be worth it just for the young Jamaican talent out there
:laugh:

I hear Francis Jeffers will become a fitness coach with the club too, once his contract expires in the summer.

I hear he is going to be a physio

Apparently he has a lot of experience in this field and is now also accustomed to all the terminology said practitioners use..... i.e crock, biscuit legs, sick note, wuss etc etc

Why laugh at his motivational skills? You know him do you?

There is some decent Jamican talent. Lots of pace and power, something we are in dire need of. We can hardly attract top international players can we

If he's such agood motivator and possible coach why the hell isn't he motivated enough to work on his weaknesses such as crossing / final ball???

I was just surprised by your comment, I thought his end product had improved drastically this season.

Not that he's now the best crosser in the league or anything, but compared to previous seasons he seems to have upped his game. I thought the general consensus was that he was having a great season, bar the injuries?

I was just surprised by your comment, I thought his end product had improved drastically this season.

Not that he's now the best crosser in the league or anything, but compared to previous seasons he seems to have upped his game. I thought the general consensus was that he was having a great season, bar the injuries?

I just think what a player he could be with a consistant end product...maybe AI could be the men to get the best out of him...lets hope so

There has definitely been an improvement in JJ's end product this season.

But I can't see anywhere how he has the mental attributes to be a coach. His temperment is all over the place at times.

If he's such agood motivator and possible coach why the hell isn't he motivated enough to work on his weaknesses such as crossing / final ball???

:biggrin:

He would be good as a rugby kicking coach, "this is how you put the ball higher above the sticks into the crowd"

To be fair though he's done well and our only outlet that scares teams to death.

I wish he would spend 4 weeks with Chris Waddle in the summer to improve his composure and crossing ability.

Despite his inconsistency, he is obviously quite an intelligent bloke and has played at all levels. He definitely seems to have a big personality, so why not make a good coach?

Is this thread a wind up? I obviously don't know JJ as a bloke but I can't think of one attribute in his play, or the way he carries himself on the pitch that would suggest he would be considered as a coach at 30 years old.

He's not a bad player, but come on, he doesn't exactly play in a thinking role in the team, nor show any real tactical awareness, in fact at times he just goes missing,

Am I biting, or is this rubbish?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hes had his usual 2.5 decent games again this season. And as for him being a coach???!! He will be the mardiest, sulkiest, moodiest one going! He throws his toys out of the pram enough now, God knows what he will do when HIS team are getting hammered!??