Tommy Spurr

Guest Sheff Owl

Guest Sheff Owl

After seeing the goals from last night AGAIN we concede from down his side, he seem's to be miles away from the player with the ball and allows him to get the ball across, how many time's has this happened this season? Why does he never get closer to the man with the ball?

Surely other team's have worked this out? it's happening a hell of a lot.

I'll be honest tho not just to look at Spurr but i thought both goals could have been avoided, the first i thought the Defence was a bit slow, maybe Purse could have been a little bit quicker and got rid before Mellor got it and the second the ball just seemed to get stuck with JOC in the box, instead of just hoofing it out he got it caught between his feet, bounced all over before the guy scored.

Saying all that well done to the lads for coming back like they did but it's just a point for me that maybe again we concede soft goal's that could have been avoided.

After seeing the goals from last night AGAIN we concede from down his side, he seem's to be miles away from the player with the ball and allows him to get the ball across, how many time's has this happened this season? Why does he never get closer to the man with the ball?

Surely other team's have worked this out? it's happening a hell of a lot.

I'll be honest tho not just to look at Spurr but i thought both goals could have been avoided, the first i thought the Defence was a bit slow, maybe Purse could have been a little bit quicker and got rid before Mellor got it and the second the ball just seemed to get stuck with JOC in the box, instead of just hoofing it out he got it caught between his feet, bounced all over before the guy scored.

Saying all that well done to the lads for coming back like they did but it's just a point for me that maybe again we concede soft goal's that could have been avoided.

Please can we avoid singling out young lads like Tommy who are trying their up most for the club and need our support.

Please can we avoid singling out young lads like Tommy who are trying their up most for the club and need our support.

fair play to him he is trying and you can tell he cares. Hes just not playing at the level we have seen from him in the past. Wish he was a bit more of a bully to be honest taking the right winger out a few times.

I agree. Tommy Spurr isn't the best left back in the word but neither is he the worst.

What he is is a hard working young lad with his heart in the right place. Whether or not that means him being our left back for the long term is another issue but while ever he's our only real choice there we shouldn't be getting on his case.

It wasn't so long ago that he was a bit of a favourite so I think people are being a bit fickle. After a few years of continuous improvement he's dipped a bit. Who's to say he won't come back.

Guest zero)))

Do you think 'our support' will improve the useless Sunday League cart horse

player?

cvnnt.

Edited by zero)))

Guest Keezee

He's rumbleinnnnnn wannnnnnk get him out of the team, he dosn't know how to defend on the left, he's shiiiiiite get him out , he's the main reason we are in the position we are in, can't defend ain't got a clue. Most goals we conceed are from the right wingers cross, he's crap...........

Edited by Keezee

He's rumbleinnnnnn wannnnnnk get him out of the team, he dosn't know how to defend on the left, he's shiiiiiite get him out , he's the main reason we are in the position we are in, can't defend ain't got a clue. Most goals we conceed are from the right wingers cross, he's crap...........

Worrying that this is post-edit

Edited by evaD

Wasn't this said about Tommy years ago?

As this is his 4th full professional season shouldn't we be expecting more

Saying that - steady - don't get to see him often tho or t'other lads

Edited by Gerinako

Thats it then, free transfer our 22 year old youth product left back in the summer. Who up until this season has been a steadily improving championship left back, had a few dodgy games but we've got funds in the bank to replace him. Probably find someone just as good in no time with the massive wages he's on. Baines, Bridge or somebody would be great.

Or stop getting on his case and hope that Irvine keeps us up, gets a full pre-season out of the way and see all our players start on a better foot next season.

Guest bartos

Soares lost his man for the 1st goal

Sayin that was a point where Tomy was tracing someone back, they got byline & Tommy went down the wrong side, kid just turned goalwards away from him.

Tommy is a good young propspect, he has gone off the boil over recent times however, I know 'FACT' that he wasn't coached properly over recent times (same for Beevers). Now they are getting proper coaching and have shown improved performances under AI. When young propsects such as David Hirst and Chris Bart-Williams came into the side (and undoubtedly) had bad runs of form we didn't get on their backs, as a set of fans we backed them and gave them the confidence they needed to improve. Who can say whether Tommy will go on to reach the levels we all hope he will but slagging him off at every possible opportunity will do him and Wednesday no favours. Worse case scenario he leaves the club and goes on to show his potential at another club.

Edited by gallart

Tommy is a good young propspect, he has gone off the boil over recent times however, I know 'FACT' that he wasn't coached properly over recent times (same for Beevers). Now they are getting proper coaching and have shown improved performances under AI. When young propsects such as David Hirst and Chris Bart-Williams came into the side (and undoubtedly) had bad runs of form we didn't get on their backs, as a set of fans we backed them and gave them the confidence they needed to improve. Who can say whether Tommy will go on to reach the levels we all hope he will but slagging him off at every possible opportunity will do him and Wednesday no favours. Worse case scenario he leaves the club and goes on to show his potential at another club.

I don't see much slagging off tbh.

Mostly it's fans - on a fans forum - giving their thoughts on their teams performance.

In recent months Tommy has been criticised, rightly so. No he's not the only one playing poorly - others get their own threads about their poor displays. But Tommy IS playing out of position STILL. That's not his fault and people should recognise this.

Guest Walkley_Owl

Soares to blame for the first, and Powderpuff Potter for the second, my 95 year old nan has more strength than this scouse ***