Huge blow JJ is our only outlet especially away.I would'nt fancy his chances for the rest off the season.Know matter what peoples opinions are offf EE he has to get game time now he is the only player remotely like JJ we simply have to give him a chance or find the funds from somewhere to bring in a like for like replacement for JJ.

Agreed but Esajas has been to inconsistent at times, Id rather Gray but I do see what you mean with the JJ type of player, he was immense against Swansea, caused them so many problems, jut our luck he gets injured for the run in

As said in other thread

Scram is that due to not warming up properly it being so early in the game?

Impossible to say why it happened tbh - there is no strong evidence about warm ups - and even less about cool downs

It might be minor - and even if not there is no reason for it to be an ongoing problem - hamstring rehabs are way better than they used to be

Can anyone there confirm if he went to do a run and felt it go or did he just stop.

because ifhe did a run it'll have jut gone whereas he might have just slightly felt something so didn't do anything incase it did go and came off before anything happened which was bad.

Can anyone there confirm if he went to do a run and felt it go or did he just stop.

because ifhe did a run it'll have jut gone whereas he might have just slightly felt something so didn't do anything incase it did go and came off before anything happened which was bad.

Didn't really go full pelt at anyone or anything , had a few dribbles but i'm hoping it hasn't gone completely,

Depends what you mean by "gone completely" - i'd bet my house it hasn't

Also depends what type of damage is done - some are more complex than others - there isn't a generic hamstring injury

Its another muscle injury and now we understand them better it's no big deal

Guest bartos

Doubt he'll be out long..

I was looking for someone to put the ball out right & noticed JJ wasn't there. Had a quick look around and saw him stood just in front of the dugout at first I thoght he must be getting some instructions then when the ball went that way & he just stood I realised he must be coming off. The fact he didn't go down or receive treatment suggested he probably just felt a twinge & was playing it safe

Guess we'll just have to wait & see

Why is Gray no longer being mentioned? After a chance to re-energise he could come back down the left with Miller down the right. A better option than Soares or Esajas IMO.

Gray started off the season well but now his age has caught up with him.

I don't think he'd add much to the team to be honest.

Gray started off the season well but now his age has caught up with him.

I don't think he'd add much to the team to be honest.

^^^ this ^^^ shouldn't be anywhere near the pitch other than an absolute emergency.... it's all over for him at this level i'm afraid :ohmy:

Guest owls_4_life

^^^ this ^^^ shouldn't be anywhere near the pitch other than an absolute emergency.... it's all over for him at this level i'm afraid :ohmy:

Massive blow if he's out for even a few games. Not really a fan of him but his performances under AI have been much improved. The likes of EE, Gray and Soares do not give me any confidence whatsoever.

Massive blow if he's out for even a few games. Not really a fan of him but his performances under AI have been much improved. The likes of EE, Gray and Soares do not give me any confidence whatsoever.

I don't have a problem with soares. Don't think he is 100% match fit yet and he's not going to be electric like JJ but he has a good brain and can run faster than Gray!

Guest oliver666

If he is out for the season that will seriously affect our chances of survival. Massive blow get well soon JJ.

Don't know if this has any bearing on how long he will be out, but heard on radio this morning that it is a calf strain. No mention of hamstring.

Just listened to Irivine's post match conference and when asked about his injury Irvine said its his hamstring again, but its the other one this time, not the one he injured before.

He said he doesn't know thee extent of the injury but "it doesn't look good".

I never saw him pull-up at all.

He just all of a sudden walked over towards the bench and just stood there on the touchline til the ball went out of play so we could sub him off. We thought he was just switching wings til the ball went near him and he didn't move at all.

Hopefully not too serious - he's such a big threat when on form.