we need goals to survive

It is hard to see where the goals will come from which is the worrying thing. We've only conceded 1 in the last 3 so it least we're sorting it out at that end. It's bloody typical, we start getting it right at 1 end and then the strikers drop off.

Varney's stopped scoring after his little run (he just needs a kick up the backside imo!) Clarke has 1 decent game every so often but is nowhere near consistent enough, and as for Jeffers, Well... :dry:

Could have done with a loanee really to freshen things up.

We need Tudgay to re-find his form which he showed last season!

I think Clarkey, to be fair to him, as picked up a little bit since his goals at leicester and you cant fault him for that

I think the thing is now the lack of service is really starting to show.....weve always played well when we have some width to the formation.....

I have all things crossed for a result tonight!

We need to score more goals than the opposition to win.*

At least I think we do.

*News from the Department of the Bleëding Obvious mellow.gif

newsflash from the department of the more bleeding obvious...p36 f38 a56

if we have to bring players out to suppliment the attack then the defence will start to conceed again...yes we need the defence to hold as best as it can but it can't hold forever...we need goals...

Edited by dnhc

Guest gizmo

whose going to be the first to suggest Jeffers?

providing we play it into feet obviously

jeffers should be played with varney ,very similar type players,both good at playing ball to feet ,gotta be worth a try ,cant be any worse than football were playin at moment....

Guest andyofsheffield

jeffers should be played with varney ,very similar type players,both good at playing ball to feet ,gotta be worth a try ,cant be any worse than football were playin at moment....

I'd have to agree with you. Do we really have any other options upfront to try? I've heard some fans saying we should put JJ upfront (when he's fit), but it takes too much away from the midfield if we did that.

Maybe we should be playing with 1 man upfront and having a 5 man midfield, look at what's it done for Doncaster.

Whilst Johnson is out ,Tudgay and Varney for me with Clarke coming off the bench. We need Tudgay to perform now. He has contriubuted precious little this season and it's time for him to stand up and be counted. Hopefully he will make the difference because we all know that he can.

Guest bigblue

Esajas playing in a free role in behind Varney & Tudgay has to be worth a try.

Midfield 3 of Miller, Soares & JOC

EE has goals in him. No question about that to my mind. Just needs 90 minutes, a confidence boost and the freedom to be creative and he'd both score and create goals.

Guest totemowl

Esajas playing in a free role in behind Varney & Tudgay has to be worth a try.

Midfield 3 of Miller, Soares & JOC

EE has goals in him. No question about that to my mind. Just needs 90 minutes, a confidence boost and the freedom to be creative and he'd both score and create goals.

Yep. Unfortunately we ain't got the magical confidence boost handy. So we might as well carry on without him.

I kind-of agree with this. Although EE hasn't looked great recently, he is one of those players who you think might just pop up out of nowhere and make something happen by either scoring or creating something. If goals are what we need then maybe we need to factor him in somehow.

Guest wilkotheowl

we can't stay up without a glut of goals...whats the chances of us getting them, and who and how many per player......clarke-5...tudgay-4...jj-3...rest of the side -6...it sounds a lot for us to score at our present rate...and still is unlikely to be enough...

We are WOEFUL up front & Leon Clarke was awful against Derby.

With regards to the dreaded drop, it doesn't look good at all, I'm afraid.

Derby were there for the taking, but we just weren't capable of putting the ball in the net & if we were still playing now, we still would not have scored.

Yeovil & co. here we come......................................................................UNLESS AI gets some funding from somewhere to bring in at least one decent striker.

Injuries to JJ & Darren Purse haven't helped.

Guest totemowl

I kind-of agree with this. Although EE hasn't looked great recently, he is one of those players who you think might just pop up out of nowhere and make something happen by either scoring or creating something. If goals are what we need then maybe we need to factor him in somehow.

That was just what I thought! I remember watching him against Ipswich. FFS, I thought, he must be able to do something right. Perhaps he's gonna score one out of the blue or create something, to make up for everything else he's done.

Didn't happen though. And we lost, against the second worst visitors to Hillsborough this season.