Who will be the next youngster to break into the 1st team?

i think we have an OK academy, with some reasonable graduates, and that's about it.

Totally agree. It's nothing better than that. The difference in output and quality of produce between the academies of my 2 clubs is stark.

Hearts' academy over the last 10-15 years has produced numerous players who have gone on to become internationals, multi million pound signings and Premier League players. :biggrin: Our academy erm... hasn't.

I went to a reserve game and all Mark Smith did was shout and swear at the players. It was hardly constructive coaching (this is based on one game away at Forest about 4 years ago - not entirely scientific...)

When will we hear about who will get offered pro deal ?

It's normally the first week of May (or it has been the last few years IIRC) so 2-3 weeks time i would imagine.

Discussions have been ongoing between AI and SM as far as i'm aware, although AI has attended a few of the reserve games recently so on that basis he's probably ready to release the lot. :biggrin:

I'v also heard Nathan Modest has already been told he's getting a pro deal, although whether or not that's true i'm not sure.

Guest benton

Modest now has an agent apparently. So that's him asking for stupid money already.

Palmer will sign a pro contract and that's about it for me...

Guest benton

Not heard anything on him.

Heard about Olivier, Palmer and Modest regarding contracts but that's it.

Well, McAuley played him whole season out of position in order to toughen him enough for demands of first team football... :blink:

If he get released it goes on McAuley's soul, awesome talent until SM's brilliant ideas ruined last season for him.