How much is it worth to you?

I was having a conversation in the office with some PNE fans today....

How much would you be willing to pay for a season ticket if it meant the club had a realistic chance of finishing near the promotion spots come the end of the season i.e. top 3....

Would you go upto £600? £1,000?

Just interested to hear peoples thoughts... Obviously I don't agree that a few £100K here or there makes much difference to where a team will finish, but if the club had 13,000 fans willing to pay upwards of £600 then that would be a heck of a lot of money in the kitty....

I would hate to see Strafford jack up the prices just because we are doing well. It would be a cynical move that would show what is wrong with football. If we keep prices affordable then the missing thousands will come back. There is no need to rip people off in the process.

At the end of the day no matter what the success level is while in this division we should be looking to reduce prices.

It's purely a hypothetical question really. Some teams lower down the leagues have already started letting fans pay what they want for certain matches. It be interesting to see how many people would pay more if encouraged i.e. you pay a minimum price of X for a season ticket, but anything above that goes into a dedicated transfer kitty.

Guest intercity0wl

I would hate to see Strafford jack up the prices just because we are doing well. It would be a cynical move that would show what is wrong with football. If we keep prices affordable then the missing thousands will come back. There is no need to rip people off in the process.

At the end of the day no matter what the success level is while in this division we should be looking to reduce prices.

If i have read this right and apologies if not, but you say we should be reducing prices to ensure we cannot compete with the wage demands the better players make, and this combination of lower prices and even worse players would lead to thousands of fans coming back. Mind blowing Logic.

Edited by intercity0wl

If i have read this right and apologies if not, but you say we should be reducing prices to ensure we cannot compete with the wage demands the better players make, and this combination of lower prices and even worse players would lead to thousands of fans coming back. Mind blowing Logic.

Wouldn't the lower prices mean more people coming? You've seen what can happen on fiver tickets.

I think the logic is the lower price is offset by the higher attendance and money made in food, beer, the shop etc. Which could give the same financial output with the bonus of a fuller S6.

Not saying its right, but its not as straightforward as you make it out.

We shouldn't ever have to do that - so much spare capacity if we're doing well. Getting 2 people at £333 per season is far

better than one at £660

It's a strange question because money doesn't mean success in this division. It's so unpredicatable. You can quite

easily waste a fortune on average players (Derby, etc)

Money is a component in success in this league for sure, but it's by no means certain. You become successful long by

doing what Utd did prior to their promotion. But unlike Utd you don't wee wee it all away on hotels, Chinese 2nd division sides and Darlington's 2nd hand telly.

Long term I think our strategy is correct, focusing on sustainability rather than a quick glory shot in the Premier League. To coin a LS phrase - we've all got to buy into the idea. There are no get rich quick schemes for SWFC. Together we can build this club into something again, but it's going to take time and we need the supporters to be primary income generators.

It's not the message many want to hear - but it's the truth

Guest intercity0wl

Wouldn't the lower prices mean more people coming? You've seen what can happen on fiver tickets.

I think the logic is the lower price is offset by the higher attendance and money made in food, beer, the shop etc. Which could give the same financial output with the bonus of a fuller S6.

Not saying its right, but its not as straightforward as you make it out.

Intresting point but does a highher attendance equate to increased revenue, how many extra would we need at the fiver you mention to make up for the money lost from people paying the full price, how much does the increase in more people buying food acually mean profit to the club as pies crisps ect do have associated cost for the club to buy in, would be intresting to know if the overall income on match days is much different when one of the offers is on.

Intresting point but does a highher attendance equate to increased revenue, how many extra would we need at the fiver you mention to make up for the money lost from people paying the full price, how much does the increase in more people buying food acually mean profit to the club as pies crisps ect do have associated cost for the club to buy in, would be intresting to know if the overall income on match days is much different when one of the offers is on.

The fiver ticket was just an example of what can be achieved.

Simply put, 17000 season tickets at £300 average equals 5100000

14575 season tickets at £350 average equals 5101250.

I don't have all the details obviously, and its a massive assumption that a 50 quid price drop would add an extra 2 and a half thousand, but there must be money made in the pies and beer otherwise what's the point?

My understanding is that once the 16500 ST target has been met, the aim is to reduce prices to drive us towards the year two ST target.

Guest gringo69

Our prices are pretty much dictated by the Co-op bank via our business plan based on the number of season ticket holders we generate.

They have more say in what we charge than we do. They would not allow a £ reduction as the increased potential take up would not be sufficient nor would they allow massive hikes which would deter fans, particularly in trying financial times.

So that leaves us back where we started. The prices are about right for this division next season, if we go down then possibly a bit high, but the club has already had some committment and I would not want any 'relegation refund' as 1) division 1 football would attract possibly less season ticket renewals (but potentially more overall ticket revenue if we have a stormer) and 2) the more money in the pot the more options we have to bounce back.

Plus if we get investment, why would the fans need to pay more ? I think we've been loyal enough, watching 80% crap, for long enough.

Our prices are pretty much dictated by the Co-op bank via our business plan based on the number of season ticket holders we generate.

They have more say in what we charge than we do. They would not allow a £ reduction as the increased potential take up would not be sufficient nor would they allow massive hikes which would deter fans, particularly in trying financial times.

Are you sure about this??

Considering the hike under Allen and the subsequent price drop in season tickets under Strafford would suggest otherwise.

I don't think it fair to blame the previous regime for price hikes and then the Co-op for not allowing further reductions.