Nightmare team

Guest ReginaldBlinker

Just been flicking through some old programmes and the dross that we've had to endure over the past 10 years is unreal. I could produce half a dozen dreadful teams but this one is pretty bad:

Tidman

Beswetherwick D.Smith C.Carr Barry-Murphy

Paul Smith Armstrong Rocastle R.Evans

Olsen Proudlock

Manager: Turner.

I'll never, ever moan again!!!!!

Mine:

Adamson

Beswetherick Branston Westwood Carr

P.Smith J.Chambers Adams Reddy

Olsen Barrett

Subs Tidman, Barry-Murphy, Aranalde, Corr, Shaw

Just been flicking through some old programmes and the dross that we've had to endure over the past 10 years is unreal. I could produce half a dozen dreadful teams but this one is pretty bad:

Tidman

Olsen Proudlock

Two left backs and two left wingers in the XI, shouldn't the manager be Laws?

Tidman

Olsen Proudlock

Rocastle was ace. Mom at Cardiff.

Proudlock was a decent footballer - just went astray.

Otherwise a second rate bunch!

Guest WaddleIsALegend

Proudlock was so bad.

To make things worse, if i remember right (sure will be corrected if wrong :rolleyes: ), didn't his loan spell end so we sent him back to Wolves then we played against them next game and he scored twice?

Proudlock was so bad.

To make things worse, if i remember right (sure will be corrected if wrong :rolleyes: ), didn't his loan spell end so we sent him back to Wolves then we played against them next game and he scored twice?

He scored a few for us in the Division one and looked good. Then went back to Wolves only to score against us.

We then signed him in Div 2 where he was more bothered about what colours to put in his hair and assumed the rest would come but it didnt. To be fair to him, under sturrock he played quite well until he broke his leg.

Tidman

Olsen Proudlock

God! that is painful reading, it got me thinking what are most of these doing these days? so i've done some digging and here's what i've come up with.

Tidman - After leaving us sign for FC Midtiyjland and then Derry City, Kongsvinger, Akademisk Boldklub and is currently with Bunkeflo in Denmark.

Beswetherick - After leaving us went to Swindon and Macclesfield on loan before been signed and never played by Bristol Rovers, then to Kidderminster, Forest Green and Salisbury before been loaned out again to Mangotsfield Town and Weston Super-mare and is currently plying his trade at Paulton Rovers

D.Smith - Left us for Port Vale and then a year later

Carr - Cant find anything

Barry-Murphy - Went to Bury and is still a regular feature in the first team 6 years later

P.Smith - Went to Alfreton, Kidderminster and is currently with Sheffield FC

C.Armstrong - On to Grimsby, Bradford, Cheltenham, Gillingham, Cheltenham again, Burton Albion, Kidderminster, Mansfield and currently on loan at Forest Green Rovers

Rocastle - Went on to Yeovil, Oldham, Port Vale, had a loan spell at Gillingham, then signed for Thrasivoulous Filis, Dover Athletic, Forest Green Rovers and is currently with Kansas City Wizards

R. Evans - Shrewsbury, Newport County and currently with Bath City

Olsen - Silkeborg IF and Orebro

Proudlock - Ipswich, Stockport, Darlington and now Grimsby

Some brilliant careers in that lot :blink: none play anywhere near the level they did with us, only two of those 11 still playing in the top four tiers of English football and we know both in League 2

Only good game he ever played for us though. I remember one bloke sat behind me at one game coming the nearest I've ever seen someone get to exploding whilst berating one of Rocky's storming performances. Still makes me chuckle now.

Disagree completely.

Early in the 2005/06 season I remember very clearly a huge amount on here saying how Rocastle had took to the Championship better than anyone else in our squad. Coventry at home he was outstanding, the Derby game at home where he was ironically cheered when going off was when he had successfully kept Idiakez, one of the most talented midfielders in the league at that time, out of the game.

Not to mention the last two of the three play-off games.

So he should never be in any of our 'worst ever' teams.