Owls Mastercard 0% interest

Just a word of warning for people using their Owls Mastercard to buy Season Tickets on the 6 month Interest Free Period.

I bought 10 tickets on my card a couple of months ago.

Got my bill in last month to say that there was an 'estimated interest' charge due next month.(which is now this month)

So I rang them and they said dont worry you wont get charged any interest.

Came to this month's bill and sure enough they've slapped some interest on!!.

So rang them again. They can't do anything at the moment. They need to email another department to get them to investigate as its an online transaction that they can't see!! It will take up to 5 working days!

So, my advice is, if you see an 'estimated interest' amount on your first bill ring up and insist they investigate and take the 'estimated interest' off

Up the Owls

Just spoke to the Owls Mastercard place again and they're saying 'Internet Sales Sheffield' as an online ticket sale is shown as, is causing the problem as it is not registering as a season ticket sale.

Is anyone at the club going to do anything about this?

This is freakin unacceptable.

We've done our bit - we need some assistance from the club here surely?

Thing is, i can pay mine off in full, but wanted to use the 0% option.

I'm looking into this with MasterCard now. Will post back when I have more details...

I'm looking into this with MasterCard now. Will post back when I have more details...

Hi guys,

Looks like the problem was caused by the internet terminal that we put in the Megastore. All customers that purchased their ST via this terminal did not have the 0% offer attached as we did not have the correct ID set up for it. This has now been resolved and the ID set up. All the fans that have been affected by this have now been identified and manually moved across to the 0% offer, any interest occurred will have been waived.

Fans will see this amended on their next statement but please also bear in mind that any payments made towards the card will go towards that of the lowest APR first.

If anyone who has had interest applied DID NOT purchase via the internet terminal in the Megastore then please PM me your details and I will investigate further with MasterCard.

Sorry for the problems,

Chris

Hi guys,

Looks like the problem was caused by the internet terminal that we put in the Megastore. All customers that purchased their ST via this terminal did not have the 0% offer attached as we did not have the correct ID set up for it. This has now been resolved and the ID set up. All the fans that have been affected by this have now been identified and manually moved across to the 0% offer, any interest occurred will have been waived.

Fans will see this amended on their next statement but please also bear in mind that any payments made towards the card will go towards that of the lowest APR first.

If anyone who has had interest applied DID NOT purchase via the internet terminal in the Megastore then please PM me your details and I will investigate further with MasterCard.

Sorry for the problems,

Chris

I have had two bills and have been charged interest on both.

My balance was zero and I have not spent anything since getting the ticket.

I bought online at home, not at the Megastore.

I have had two bills and have been charged interest on both.

My balance was zero and I have not spent anything since getting the ticket.

I bought online at home, not at the Megastore.

Please PM me your details and I'll raise this with MasterCard.

Chris