Sheffield Wednesday takeover would be 'fantastic'

My linklink

SHEFFIELD Wednesday manager Alan Irvine says that a Hillsborough takeover would be "fantastic".

It follows the revelation that Chicago company Club 9 Sports are closing in on an investment deal.

"If somebody is going to come in and give us some money and maybe get some players in, that would be nice," he said.

"I came in knowing there was a possibility of a takeover; I didn't take the job on that basis; I knew it was going to be a case of working with what we had. I was happy to do that.

"If something happens that makes things easier, that would be fantastic."

Irvine has always believed that even with his current small squad the club are capable of staying in the Championship, but an injection of funds would help him to map out the future with a bigger squad in mind.

Club 9 have indicated they want to make an immediate impact by linking up with the Owls before the end of the season and want to back the club no matter what division they are in - but are confident they will stay up.

It is believed that the major hurdle of a deal between club and their bank, the Co-op - the Owls' major creditors - has been cleared, and Club 9 say they now have accounting and legal issues to address "in the coming weeks."

The boost of progress on the investment front coincided with the team moving out of the bottom three with the draw at Swansea. They face Irvine's previous club, Preston, tomorrow - the last of three consecutive away games.

Captain Darren Purse said: "It was a good point and I'm really happy with the clean sheet. It's a good springboard.

"We've got to get five wins from our last 10 games. It's a tough task, but performing like we did against Swansea will stand us in good stead.

"We're in a dogfight, we know that, but the last three games have given us a lot of confidence."

'There's no cake left, we didn't expect such a rush.'

'So my choice is...or death?'

Errr Death, no wait, I didn't mean that, cake yes cake please. :biggrin:

Izzard rules. Went to see him at the Arena last year. Brilliant!

Guest OwlertonG
"If somebody is going to come in and give us some money and maybe get some players in, that would be nice," he said

A little demoralizing for current set of players who are playing week in week out... ie JOC and Grant etc

do you know who i am?

This is not a game of who the flip are you.

But there must have been a Deathstar canteen, yeah? There must have been a cafeteria downstairs, in between battles, where Darth Vader could just chill and go down (Vader voice) "I will have the penne a la arabiata."

(canteen server) "You'll need a tray."

"Do you know who I am?"

"Do you know who I am?"

"This is not a game of who the roger are you. For I am Vader. Darth Vader. Lord Vader. I can kill you with a single thought!"

"Well you'll still need a tray."

"No I will not need a tray. I do not need a tray to kill you. I can kill you without a tray, with the power of the Force - which is strong within me - even though I could kill you with a tray if I so wished. For I would hack at your neck with the thin bit until the blood flowed across the canteen floor…"

"No, the food is hot. You'll need a tray to put the food on."

"Oh I see, the food is hot. I'm sorry I, I did not realise. Hah hah! I thought you were challenging me to a fight to the death."

"Fight to the death? This is canteen, I work here."

"Yes, but I am Vader, I am Lord Vader. Everyone challenges me to a fight to the death. Lord Vader. Darth Vader, I am Darth Vader, Lord Vader. Sir Lord Vader, Sir Lord Darth Vader. Lord Darth Sir Lord Vader of Cheam. Sir Lord Baron von Vaderham. The Deathstar. I run the Deathstar."

"What's the Deathstar?"

"This is the Deathstar. You're in the Deathstar. I run this star."

"This is a star?"

"This is a rumbleing star - I run it. I'm your boss."

"You're Mr Stephens?"

"No, I'm… who is Mr Stephens?"

"He's head of catering."

"I'm not head of catering! I am Vader. I can kill catering with a thought."

"I can kill you all. I can kill me with a thought. Just… I'll get a tray, roger it!

(Still Vader) This one's wet, and this one's wet, and this one's wet. This one is wet, this one is wet, this one is wet, this one is wet, this one is wet, this one is wet, this one is wet, this one is wet. Did you dry these in a rain forest? Why, with the power of the Deathstar, do we not have a tray that is rumbleing dry? I do not…(someone has pushed in) No, no, no. I was here first."

"You have to form a queue if you want food. Can I have, oh, penne a la arabiata, that looks nice."

"No, no, no. D'you know who I am?" (server buts in) "That's Jeff Vader, that is."

"I am not Jeff Vader, I am Darth Vader."

"What, Jeff Vader runs the Deathstar?"

"No, Jeff… No, I run the Deathstar."

"You Jeff Vader?"

"No, I'm Darth Vader!"

"Are you his brother? Can you get his autograph?"

"I can't get it… No, I'm… All right, I'm Jeff Vader! I'm Jeff Vader!"

"Can I have your autograph?"

"No, roger off, or I'll kill you with a tray! Give me penne a la arabiata or you shall die. And you, and everyone in this canteen! Death by tray it shall be!"

(scornful server) "Do you want peas with that?"

"Peas? You don't have peas! You can't put red with…It doesn't work with penne, you don't put, unless you push them up the penne tubes, and then they'd be weird! Just…(gives up) oh, all right, put some peas on."

Of course it is, it's Izzard!

You've got to love Owlstalk, takeover article to death star canteen in 10 easy posts. :biggrin:

Edit: Added linky to youtube vid

Well it could be amended with a couple of name changes to make it more appropriate...:

But there must have been a Hillsborough canteen, yeah? There must have been a cafeteria downstairs, in between relegation battles, where Lee Strafford could just chill and go down (Strafford Voice) "I will have the penne a la arabiata."

(canteen server) "You'll need a tray."

"Do you know who I am?"

"Do you know who I am?"

"This is not a game of who the flip are you. For I am Strafford. Lee Strafford. Lord Strafford. I can kill you with a single thought!"

"Well you'll still need a tray."

"No I will not need a tray. I do not need a tray to kill you. I can kill you without a tray, with the power of the Force - which is strong within me - even though I could kill you with a tray if I so wished. For I would hack at your neck with the thin bit until the blood flowed across the canteen floor…"

"No, the food is hot. You'll need a tray to put the food on."

"Oh I see, the food is hot. I'm sorry I, I did not realise. Hah hah! I thought you were challenging me to a fight to the death."

"Fight to the death? This is canteen, I work here."

"Yes, but I am Strafford, I am Lord Strafford. Everyone challenges me to a fight to the death. Lord Strafford. Lee Strafford, I am Lee Strafford, Lord Strafford. Sir Lord Strafford, Sir Lord Lee Strafford. Lord Strafford Sir Lord Strafford of Cheam. Sir Lord Baron von Straffordham. Hillsborough. I run Hillsborough."

"What's Hillsborough?"

"This is Hillsborough. You're in Hillsborough. I run this ground."

"This is a ground?"

"This is a rumbleing ground - I run it. I'm your boss."

"You're Mr Beres?"

"No, I'm… who is Mr Beres?"

"He's head of catering."

"I'm not head of catering! I am Strafford. I can kill catering with a thought."

"I can kill you all. I can kill me with a thought. Just… I'll get a tray, flip it!

(Still Strafford) This one's wet, and this one's wet, and this one's wet. This one is wet, this one is wet, this one is wet, this one is wet, this one is wet, this one is wet, this one is wet, this one is wet. Did you dry these in a rain forest? Why, with the power of Hillsborough, do we not have a tray that is rumbleing dry? I do not…(Leon Clarke has pushed in) No, no, no. I was here first."

Clarke: "You have to form a queue if you want food. Can I have, oh, penne a la arabiata, that looks nice."

Strafford "No, no, no. D'you know who I am?"

(server buts in) "That's Lee Strappon, that is."

"I am not Lee Strappon, I am Lee Strafford."

"What, Lee Strappon runs Hillsborough?"

"No, Strappon… No, I run Hillsborough."

"You Lee Strappon?"

"No, I'm Lee Strafford!"

"Are you his brother? Can you get his autograph?"

"I can't get it… No, I'm… All right, I'm Lee Strappon! I'm Lee Strappon!"

"Can I have your autograph?"

"No, flip off, or I'll kill you with a tray! Give me penne a la arabiata or you shall die. And you, and everyone in this canteen! Death by tray it shall be!"

(scornful server) "Do you want peas with that?"

"Peas? You don't have peas! You can't put red with…It doesn't work with penne, you don't put, unless you push them up the penne tubes, and then they'd be weird! Just…(gives up) oh, all right, put some peas on."