clowne owls

Only just up t road in whitwell, theres quite a few wednesdayites in the village. Isnt the Nags Head a wednesday pub. Only been in once but theyve got a shirt (Shelts?) on the wall/

not been in for a while but it is a wednesday pub.

does the coach still run from whitwell that goes to hillsborough via creswell clowne and barlborough? and if so what time does it pick up at the travs in clowne

not been in for a while but it is a wednesday pub.

does the coach still run from whitwell that goes to hillsborough via creswell clowne and barlborough? and if so what time does it pick up at the travs in clowne

Coach still runs as far as I know, but dont know times as I never use it. Think Johnson bros run it.

I'm kind of a Clowne owl.

Used to live above the hairdressers opposite the cenotaph. Knocked around with a few wednesday fans - will name them but you might not know them - Daz Pearson, Dan Rogers, Martin 'Dobbo' Darby, Turtle, and a few pigs but the biggest one of course is Rory White.

Guest Shirebrook_owl

Coach still runs as far as I know, but dont know times as I never use it. Think Johnson bros run it.

The coach is still running,it leaves shirebrook at 12.45,but dont know what time it will get to you.

Guest Buxtonian

Used to live in Clowne (38 years) but always made my own way to match. Lived in Buxton for last 2 1/2 years, but still travel to Hillsborough. I know quite a lot of W'ites in Clowne, and in Barlborough, and occasionally see them at matches. I remember the times before I moved to Clowne. I'd been a member of both Hoyland and Hoyland Common supporters clubs, and at that time one of the largest S.C's was in Creswell. They regularly took 2 coaches to home matches and at least one to every away match. I know from working in the various pits around there that there was keen support in Creswell, Clowne, Whitwell and Barlborough. Don't know about the supporters clubs now, but I do know there is still a lot of support in that area.

Best wishes to all of you.

Used to live above the hairdressers opposite the cenotaph. Knocked around with a few wednesday fans - will name them but you might not know them - Daz Pearson, Dan Rogers, Martin 'Dobbo' Darby, Turtle, and a few pigs but the biggest one of course is Rory White.

i know them very well, daz went to school with my wife and i live next door to dan and dales auntie. i don't expect anything else from rory who has just become a dad not so long back.

not sure how long you are going back, but i frequent the travs in clowne, used to go to matches with baz cook, steve dale, phil cooper, etc

Long time from original post I know, apologies for that, not delved too far into different sections of OT and 1st post!!

Born 'n bred in Stannington, just up the hill from Hillsboro', lived there for my 1st 35 years, been in the village living in 'exile' 7 years now just off Boughton Lane, class myself as a clowne owl now, get to a many games as possible, meet up with the mates down Hillsboro' or in Jubilee before or after matches, just a bit of a sh*t getting back, long way to get back on public transport after a few drinks if you know what I mean, have to rely on being in the wife or daughter's good books to come and get me.

Since been here realised how spoilt I was being in walking distance of the ground and massive respect to all who make the effort and travel any distance to watch the boy's.

Have seen the Johnsons bus and thought about going over on it but don't know anyone with times or if your place needs booking or not.

UTO

Long time from original post I know, apologies for that, not delved too far into different sections of OT and 1st post!!

Born 'n bred in Stannington, just up the hill from Hillsboro', lived there for my 1st 35 years, been in the village living in 'exile' 7 years now just off Boughton Lane, class myself as a clowne owl now, get to a many games as possible, meet up with the mates down Hillsboro' or in Jubilee before or after matches, just a bit of a sh*t getting back, long way to get back on public transport after a few drinks if you know what I mean, have to rely on being in the wife or daughter's good books to come and get me.

Since been here realised how spoilt I was being in walking distance of the ground and massive respect to all who make the effort and travel any distance to watch the boy's.

Have seen the Johnsons bus and thought about going over on it but don't know anyone with times or if your place needs booking or not.

UTO

if anyone is interested

the coach leaves from the back of the Drum pub in Shirebrook at 12.45 on a sat and 5.45 midweek then picks up on the following route

Langwith /Cresswell [station hotel] /Whitwell near shop at the end of Bakestone Moor /Clowne [Travelers Rest] Barlborough roundabout opposite De Rodes Arms and then The Appolo pub arriving at ground around 2pm ,no need to book seats everyone welcome hope this helps

ps think we get to barlborough around 1.15 and fare is 7.50 adult think its a fiver under 15 yrs

Edited by lsd112

Guest Davecowl

Im from Clowne (originally) live down south now...I know Martin Darby...and Rory White....some of you old Clowne blokes might remember me ...message me