Our average league position over the last decade

15th.Kind of puts into perspective how good our hardcore fans are, and especially how loyal our brilliant away following is.(edited because I did the calculation wrong like a spaz, it's 15th not 17th)

So since you edited that my post now looks somewhat foolhardy..... :blush:

Took it from the "League standings for last 10 seasons" part of our wikipedia page, it's about 3/4 of the way down. If you include all 11 final positions on the table it comes out at just over 15, if you ignore us finishing 12th in 98/99, it comes out at 15.5.If we finish 21st this season, and therefore just stay up, our average will be bang on 16th.

Edited by Wednesday-Wonderland

There's always one. Or in this case two.My motivation for this topic was that the casual fan would much rather see us beasting everyone League One than getting killed in the Championship, which is why I ignored the different leagues.

F*** the casual fan. I do not want to go back to that crappy division. Simple as that. And lets face it. Why does anyone assume we'll "beast" teams in League One? We hardly set the division alight last time did we. We stagnated for a couple of years, then got lucky.Not having a go at you here Wonderland. I'm just getting sick of hearing other people on here posting about how going down will give us momentum and start a renaissance at Hillsborough. Edited by Neal M

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

I don't think anybody with sense wants us to go down, it would be a disaster and would set us back at least 5 years. My point was that the hardcore of us have kept going despite on average us finishing 3/4 way down whatever league we're in. And us (in theory) doing well in League One and winning every week is more likely to pull in fairweather fans who want to be entertained than us getting turned over every week in the Championship would.