The difference last night

Their subs: Koren, Miller & Barnes

Our subs: Soares and Jeffers. :rolleyes:

Seriously, our subs never seem to affect the course of the game. Miller and Koren changed the game for them.

Clearout needed this summer and as my WBA supporting mate has just reminded me, Koren was a free signing!

Clearout needed this summer and as my WBA supporting mate has just reminded me, Koren was a free signing!

Did he also remind you what their wage budget is and how much Koren's on a week? Such comparisons are pointless.

Did he also remind you what their wage budget is and how much Koren's on a week? Such comparisons are pointless.

He's probably on a similar wage to Franny.

All I'm saying is that last night we seemed to be doing alright but started to tire. We couldn't bring anyone on who could make a difference for us and we had to take off our main attacking threat (Johnson).

Guest tomarkley

We had already crumbled when Soares came on and were well under the cosh. Had they come on maybe 5-10 mins earlier we may have been able to rescue it, but I text a Forest mate of mine saying it was only a matter of time before they score. We were defending too deep and putting out fires rather than trying to get Leon on the ball and holding it up that end or breaking up the flow of play.

Did anyone else notice when Koren brought Spurr inside, Tommy was having to run at full pace but Koren seemed to be sauntering, set himself and ping the ball without Tommy getting anywhere near him? Hate to say it but we've not got enough pace at the back. Although that Nolan looked solid yesterday, him with Miller infront of him will get slaughtered at Swansea by their wingers. You watch.

That will be our downfall.

Did anyone else notice when Koren brought Spurr inside, Tommy was having to run at full pace but Koren seemed to be sauntering, set himself and ping the ball without Tommy getting anywhere near him? Hate to say it but we've not got enough pace at the back. Although that Nolan looked solid yesterday, him with Miller infront of him will get slaughtered at Swansea by their wingers. You watch.

That will be our downfall.

I agree about the lack of pace in defence, we are pretty slow as a group. And Miller cost us a couple of attacking opportunities in the first half due to his lack of pace, even though he clearly has a quick brain.

Guest tomarkley

Budgets don't keep people in this division, or get them out of it the other way. We're in a business and in any business you have to judge yourself amongst your peers. If we're going to stay in this division we have to do the things that W.B.A. were doing last night.

Carson was pushing their defence out, right out to 10 yards past the 18 yard box. Grant on the other hand was happy for us to be on the edge of the 18 yard box which shows up our truly fatal lack of pace at the back. One touch past any of our defenders and your in.

If we can't do something about this, we simply won't stay up.

Their subs: Koren, Miller & Barnes

Our subs: Soares and Jeffers. :rolleyes:

Seriously, our subs never seem to affect the course of the game. Miller and Koren changed the game for them.

You are expecting far too much from Wednesday.

How can you honestly expect any player, that can`t make our starting X1, to come on and change a game?

Given the current situation we are in, any players we have, that are capable of changing a game would be long gone.

Get real and accept the situation we are in. We can`t afford this quality at the moment.

I agree about the lack of pace in defence, we are pretty slow as a group. And Miller cost us a couple of attacking opportunities in the first half due to his lack of pace, even though he clearly has a quick brain.

That will come over the next 4/5 games though. He is no way going to be match fit at the minute. I'm glad he is back in the side. Great player at this level, his record speaks for itself.

Carson was pushing their defence out, right out to 10 yards past the 18 yard box. Grant on the other hand was happy for us to be on the edge of the 18 yard box which shows up our truly fatal lack of pace at the back. One touch past any of our defenders and your in.

I can't tell if you are advocating us defending higher up the pitch with these cumbersome players or suggesting that new ones is a real priority? Pushing higher with slow players exposes the lack of defensive speed even more because there is more space in which to take advantage of it.

Budgets don't keep people in this division, or get them out of it the other way. We're in a business and in any business you have to judge yourself amongst your peers. If we're going to stay in this division we have to do the things that W.B.A. were doing last night.

Our defence was not a problem and has not been since Irvine took over, aside from the performance at Reading.

Our lack of goals is the killer.

That will come over the next 4/5 games though. He is no way going to be match fit at the minute. I'm glad he is back in the side. Great player at this level, his record speaks for itself.

I don't doubt his ability and he played well last night, but I was shocked at how slow he was. That can't be put down solely to his lengthy layoff.

Leon didnt do enough last night. When he did he kept slipping over.Varney was mistiming his jumps for high-balls a lot i thought but cant fault him for effort.JJ was fabulous, 2 or 3 great runs but just too many bodies to go through.Purse and Grant were fantastic.

Guest tomarkley

I can't tell if you are advocating us defending higher up the pitch with these cumbersome players or suggesting that new ones is a real priority? Pushing higher with slow players exposes the lack of defensive speed even more because there is more space in which to take advantage of it.

I'm comparing us to our peers. We CAN'T defend further up the pitch, but while we are pegged back in our own 3rd we're going to be inviting pressure and putting out fires for 90 minutes.We have to work with what we have but in the summer we need to introduce some pace. Otherwise, I could only think to play Purse as Sweeper and play Beevers with one of the others either side of him to do some running. Gray could play wingback to accomodate this, not sure who we would put on the other side though, could Simek do that job?