Remaining home games

Guest ReginaldBlinker

We need a point more than Sflaphorpe over the next 2 away games (Scunny visit Ipswich and Newcastle)

That would put us above them and out of the bottom 3, but then the pressure is on at home to Derby and Watford because Scunny have home games against Plymouth and Peterborough.

Gonna need at least 7 points from our next 4.....

At first I thought the opening post was a bit OTT... However, having looked down the fixtures I'm inclined to agree. 5 wins would see us safe I think, but I can't see us picking up another win on the road, and there are only five home games left I think, with the last two being the piggies and Palace...

Bristol, Watford and Derby are absolute must wins.

We could win ALL our matches, not just home ones, and go down

No we couldn't.

By my maths, winning all our remaining games would see us finish on 70 points. It would be impossible for us to be anywhere near relegation with a total like that.

Seriously, have a word with yourself.

jaysus, we lost at wba n world has gone to poo poo! be honest, who truly expected anything tnite? n i think if the players can keep their heads up, there are still 5 winnable games, a la p nob end, watford, bristol......

^^^^^^

get a grip!

till were down were fighting.

Most people expected a defeat tonight I would have thought. It still doesn't change the fact that the remaining games are bloody important.

we knew that before tonight!

i cant be doing with the doom mongers,

yeah were proper in't' poo poo, but its not settled as yet.

1-0 aint bad considering where we are ect....

"you never know in this league"

- everyones poo

Why do people keep banging on that we won't win another away game? I think most of our remaining games are winable.

Of course we won't win all of them, but it's not like we're doomed. We're done with the runaway teams Newcastle, WBA and Forest. Swansea is probably the toughest remaining away game. But the way we've been playing over the last couple of games, a point should be achieveable. With Miller and Johnson back, our team is starting to look quite decent even on paper. Against a lesser team we probably would have won today.

If Preston get a result on Saturday, they'll probably start to feel a little safe, and maybe drop their guard a bit. Ipswich, who won today, are still within reach. As is obviously Palace, who had a very poor result today at home, and Sflaphorpe. The fact that we've picked ourselves up after that result at Reading is a very positive sign in my eyes. Maybe there is some mental strength in the team after all.

I'm not saying I'm not worried - far from it! A quick look at the table is enough to send shivers down the spine of any Wednesdayite. But we're in with a fight!

Up the Owls!

Why do people keep banging on that we won't win another away game? I think most of our remaining games are winable.

Of course we won't win all of them, but it's not like we're doomed. We're done with the runaway teams Newcastle, WBA and Forest. Swansea is probably the toughest remaining away game. But the way we've been playing over the last couple of games, a point should be achieveable. With Miller and Johnson back, our team is starting to look quite decent even on paper. Against a lesser team we probably would have won today.

If Preston get a result on Saturday, they'll probably start to feel a little safe, and maybe drop their guard a bit. Ipswich, who won today, are still within reach. As is obviously Palace, who had a very poor result today at home, and Sflaphorpe. The fact that we've picked ourselves up after that result at Reading is a very positive sign in my eyes. Maybe there is some mental strength in the team after all.

I'm not saying I'm not worried - far from it! A quick look at the table is enough to send shivers down the spine of any Wednesdayite. But we're in with a fight!

Up the Owls!

The worrying thing is every team we have to travel to still has something to play for; either a play off spot or avoiding the drop.

I do agree on Preston though, if they win at the weekend they will probably be far enough away to be safe.

The worrying thing is every team we have to travel to still has something to play for; either a play off spot or avoiding the drop.

I do agree on Preston though, if they win at the weekend they will probably be far enough away to be safe.

Today most of them have, that's true. But that goes for about almost every team in the division. By the time we play them, some teams will be nearly safe or out of the play-off contention.

The game against Crystal Palace could be huge. But HOPEFULLY we'll continue playing like we've done over the last couple of days and seal survival before that.

It will a rough ride, though. Let's hope it'll be a long, long time till the next time we find ourselves in a position like this.

It's hard looking at positives when we find ourselves in the bottom three after a defeat - but we're by no way down and out yet. And by the looks of it, the team has got it's spirit back. Let's just hope the players don't drop their standards again.

Today most of them have, that's true. But that goes for about almost every team in the division. By the time we play them, some teams will be nearly safe or out of the play-off contention.

The game against Crystal Palace could be huge. But HOPEFULLY we'll continue playing like we've done over the last couple of days and seal survival before that.

It will a rough ride, though. Let's hope it'll be a long, long time till the next time we find ourselves in a position like this.

It's hard looking at positives when we find ourselves in the bottom three after a defeat - but we're by no way down and out yet. And by the looks of it, the team has got it's spirit back. Let's just hope the players don't drop their standards again.

Indeed, things could look very different (for better or worse) after the weekend. We could even be three or four places up the table!

Guest Distraught!

To look at it another way:

A win and a defeat from every two games until the end of the season or an average of 1.5 points per game will probably be enough for safety.

So a win against Leicester and defeat against WBA is on par for what we need. Even another defeat against Swansea would not be a disaster as long as it is backed up with wins in the home games. The home games are definitely key to survival!

Edited by Distraught!

Guest ReginaldBlinker

However, after what seems to be a decent performance tonight could we pick up points at Swansea & PNE? Who'd have thought we'd win at Barnsley & Blackpool?

Guest Darkus Owlus

The Hart appointment at Palace could be significant. He's not really sure what he's doing, and I doubt the Palace players will be boosted by such a dry cow pat shard of an appointment.

The Hart appointment at Palace could be significant. He's not really sure what he's doing, and I doubt the Palace players will be boosted by such a dry cow pat shard of an appointment.

That's one way to look at it. The other is that he has a lot of experience working with young players. I think (hope?) you're right though, Palace surely won't do as well with him as they would've done with Colin.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/t...res/default.stm

FFS, look at CP's run in.

Find me 4 wins in there for them............

We're fine.

I don't share your total optimism, but cheers for the link- that's brightened me up a bit!

They must be sweating a bit with that run in- Barnsley, us, Derby, Watford and Preston are potentially winable but all of their other games are flipping horrible. I'm glad we're not in their shoes.

Edited by TheBoyBeevers