Benefit match for Simek?

Retire? Not be able to get a contract when he leaves Hillsborough this summer?

FFS - He was originally named in the US squad that faced Holland just last week.

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

You want to give a 24 year old football player who is out of contract in summer and probably hoping to find another club a benefit match???

ARE YOU F*CKING MAD!

That would kill his career!

He needs games probably a full season to get back to how he was, i doubt he will get that a Wednesday but i don't think we have seen the last of Frank Simek!

Edited by dazzler07

Anyone else think he deserves one?

He's quite obvious now he's been back injury free for several months that he won't ever be the player he was pre-injury, which is a great shame not just for us, but for the player too.

While other players like Whelan, Brunt, Wood and Bougherra have all jumped ship, Simek signed a new contract in spite of several Premier League sides showing an interest in him when he was the best full back in the division.

He'll leave this summer and struggle to find another club prepared to take him on and I've heard several times that he'll have to retire.

Would be a nice gesture if our customary pre-season friendly against a top flight side could double up asd his benefit match?

Yeah, that's why he was called up by the USA

Actually, I think I may deserve a benefit match. If I hadn't had a bad knee at school and missed PE for 6 months, I reckon I'd have made the school team and been spotted for Sheffield boys.

From there, there is no doubt I'd have been spotted by Clive Baker and plucked from obscurity around 1988 - precisely at the time when Zico fooked off to Rangers. The gap at right back woulld have been wide open for me, and I reckon I'd have even squeezed into the Italia 90 squad ahead of Paul Parker.

Crikey

We may never have signed Roland !!!!!!!!!! :ohmy:

Actually, I think I may deserve a benefit match. If I hadn't had a bad knee at school and missed PE for 6 months, I reckon I'd have made the school team and been spotted for Sheffield boys.

From there, there is no doubt I'd have been spotted by Clive Baker and plucked from obscurity around 1988 - precisely at the time when Zico fooked off to Rangers. The gap at right back woulld have been wide open for me, and I reckon I'd have even squeezed into the Italia 90 squad ahead of Paul Parker.

Being around 4 inches taller than Paul Parker in 1990, that Andreas Brehmer free kick would have hit me right in the mush, and then been scrambled away. England would probably have then won the World Cup, I would have been a national treasure and probably sold to Roma for around £8million to be the 'other' Englishman in Rome.

I would have been worth millions.

Gi' testimonial back

:biggrin: