West Brom vs Wednesday

Guest Walkley_Owl

Going for my 4th visit to the Hawthorns tomorrow providing we can pay on the gate.

I have a decent record to date there (having never seen us lose).

Circa 1991 one of the best away memories ever (Shirtliff & Francis equaliser then winner in last 2 mins) fantastic.

Early 2000's we drew 1-1 (Can't remember much about it TBH!)

Couple of years ago in the 'Watson 96th minute game'. We got battered all game but what a celebration at the end.

1-1, We had ten men for a large portion of the game, Soldvedt had been sent off, Ekoku put us 1 up only for Ruel Fox to level late on

I've never been as ill going to a game as I was that day, barring probably Burnley away in 2002 (day after my 21st) I was so hungover I threw a pint of orange juice back up

Edited by Walkley_Owl

1-1, We had ten men for a large portion of the game, Soldvedt had been sent off, Ekoku put us 1 up only for Ruel Fox to level late on

I've never been as ill going to a game as I was that day, barring probably Burnley away in 2002 (day after my 21st) I was so hungover I threw a pint of orange juice back up

Yes I remember vaguely now (had forgot totally about the 10 men thing though!). Sounds a good point at the time, must have had too much to drink!

I was at the home game and i remember how badly exposed we were by their quality players. Still not convinced we will get anything out of it, but i expect a performance.

We're in a lot better shape since then, and they're weaker i'd say.

I still think we'll lose, but it won't be a hammering like they gave us at Hillsborough. (i hope.)

We're in a lot better shape since then, and they're weaker i'd say.

I still think we'll lose, but it won't be a hammering like they gave us at Hillsborough. (i hope.)

Bednar is out, and a few of their players seem to be returning from injury so we might catch them lacking sharpness, but this isnt one of the 5 wins im expecting, and i hope at full time we bear that in mind, regardless of the result.

I just get that horrible feeling that if it doesnt go our way, all the negative posters who have gone strangely quiet since weekend will resurface demanding we hang all the players and burn their corpses.

Guest Deleted member

I would take 3 defeats from the next 3 games and not be suicidal.

If you'd asked me after Reading 'Would I take 3 draws and 1 defeat from the next 4 games against Leicester, WBA, Swansea and Preston?' I would have snatched your hand off. Those points are in the bag after Saturday - anything else is a bonus

Bednar is out, and a few of their players seem to be returning from injury so we might catch them lacking sharpness, but this isnt one of the 5 wins im expecting, and i hope at full time we bear that in mind, regardless of the result.

I just get that horrible feeling that if it doesnt go our way, all the negative posters who have gone strangely quiet since weekend will resurface demanding we hang all the players and burn their corpses.

That will probably happen even if we win :biggrin: .....the amount of times i'v heard players slaughtered on here after having pretty good games and Wednesday winning is ridiculous.

99% of football fans are moaning, whining, impatient muppets, which is why i would never in a million years have anything to do with working at a football club....most are decent people, until it comes to a match day and then they seem to think they have a right to act like complete cap ends.

Mini-rant over. :happy:

I'm sure that Irvine will have a mental note of 7 or 8 games which he believes that we have a realistic chance of winning, and i'm equally sure that in his head he'll have tonight marked down as a loss, regardless of what he says in the media.

Edited by TheBoyBeevers

I just have a feeling that after swansea we could be adrift which is a big psycological burden for the players and fans. At the moment there really isnt much in it, but it could get worse.

I suppose as long as we show battling character like we did under AI's first few games we can at least know that were up for the fight.