Varney in Shop Window

As title says really, i personally wouldnt mind him back here next year, but i know its a mixed bag of opinions on him.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_6006103,00.html

Luke Varney has hinted at a permanent move away from Derby County in the summer and would welcome the chance to join Leicester City.

The striker is currently enjoying his third spell on loan at Sheffield Wednesday since Nigel Clough took over as Derby boss in January 2009.

He feels he is unlikely to have a long-term future with the Rams and is open to the possibility of earning a more permanent deal at Hillsborough.

However, speaking ahead of the Owls' game against Leicester on Saturday, the 27-year-old admits he would relish the opportunity to play for his hometown club.

In shop window

"I spoke to (Wednesday manager) Alan Irvine before I signed and said that I would like it to be a bit more permanent, but we'll have to see what happens in the summer," said Varney in the Leicester Mercury.

"I feel I've not really been given a chance at Derby.

"The manager has sent me out on loan to get game-time and score goals, which I've done, but I still can't get in the team when I go back.

"I suppose I'm in the shop window and, of course, I'd love to come to Leicester.

"I think my best years are ahead of me. I've watched City a lot, I saw them win at QPR and they were brilliant."

Guest Aaron

He's not all that clever in my opinion and I hope the reason he is on the bench is because of these stupid comments.