Chris Brunt

How I wish we still had him :angry:

I was thinking back at some of the goals he scored for us and he's definitely been our best player since we were relegated from the Prem

I said at the time and I still think West Brom mugged us although he was out of contract that summer

That lob away at Leeds and that strike at home to Coventry were definitely his best two goals in a blue & white shirt

Puts in a decent cross but as you know the majority of goals in any division do not come from crosses. Makes you wonder why we always play the ball long or bang it square into the box, no wonder we can't score.

He's got a good shot and can jump high but he can't go past people. Think I'd prefer him to EE or MG though.

Puts in a decent cross but as you know the majority of goals in any division do not come from crosses. Makes you wonder why we always play the ball long or bang it square into the box, no wonder we can't score.

He's got a good shot and can jump high but he can't go past people. Think I'd prefer him to EE or MG though.

I KNOW I'd prefer him to those two.

Guest gringo69

My mate who is a Baggies fan can't stand him. Thinks he is far too lazy and never turns up.

I love him and want him back though.

Bring him to see us as a guest. He might re-evaluate the part in bold when he sees our alternatives to Brunt.

If enough of them get on his back for this, we might get him back here.

Guest DM_Owl

i would love to have Brunty back

real moments of class and quality when we're severely lacking

he turns up more then EE thats for sure

EE has turned up for one match whilst been at Wednesday - 1 game wonder in my opinion.

Get him off the payroll

Watched my DVD from the mystery bag yesterday.

Owls 3 - 2 Southend 2007

If you would have watched that, you wouldn't have been saying the same !!

That was one of his "walkies" games, where he just had no impact on the game and even his free kicks weren't happening for him (the equailsing goal aside).

The crowd was really getting on his back in this game as he wasn't chasing back, wasn't fighting for second / lost balls.

He seems to have added this to his game now and is a much more effective winger because of it.

Guest DM_Owl

Owls 3 - 2 Southend 2007

That was one of his "walkies" games, where he just had no impact on the game and even his free kicks weren't happening for him (the equailsing goal aside).

The crowd was really getting on his back in this game as he wasn't chasing back, wasn't fighting for second / lost balls.

He seems to have added this to his game now and is a much more effective winger because of it.

I do recall a few games where the crowd got on his back - he runs like a sloth and looked like he lost interest at times.

Good at busting the back of the net though

I do recall a few games where the crowd got on his back - he runs like a sloth and looked like he lost interest at times.

Good at busting the back of the net though

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, his technical ability was second to none.

Just always seemed half hearted in everything he did and you always knew there was more in him.

Since his move, he has started to show this. Whether it was different coaching or him just maturing and gaining experience.

He is know one of the finest wingers in this division and a very, very dangerous one in the Premiership

Both Brunt and Whelan were good players when we lost them

They've come on miles since they've left - Whelan especially. He looked a right player against Brazil on Tuesday night.

I was never a particular Whelan fan when he was here - thought he tried to be too clever most of the time and wasted the ball a lot. What I would give to have him back this afternoon. Stoke got a right bargain.

Guest Manwithastick

Both Brunt and Whelan were good players when we lost them

They've come on miles since they've left - Whelan especially. He looked a right player against Brazil on Tuesday night.

I was never a particular Whelan fan when he was here - thought he tried to be too clever most of the time and wasted the ball a lot. What I would give to have him back this afternoon. Stoke got a right bargain.

spot on. both miles away from our level now. Brunty has the best left foot in the division - esp now Johnson is gone from Boro. Do us a favour Brunty, batter Colins QPR today and get a straight red for a mad tackle back incident ala Coventry

thus missing tuesday night!

Owls 3 - 2 Southend 2007

Brunt made two of our three goals. One a free kick that Tudgay got on the end of and the other a cross that a Southend player turned into his own net.

I wish we had players now who made so little impact.

My mate who is a Baggies fan can't stand him. Thinks he is far too lazy and never turns up.

I love him and want him back though.

My baggies mate says the same, even when Brunt scores twice and wins the game for them.

They don't know how lucky they are with the dross that we have to put up with.

Guest columnist

the sale of the sturrock (or turner) babes was the catalyst to my (now almost out of control) apathy towards the club.

we had some real gems in that side and a belief for a few months that we could turn people over with some decent football.

the period just before we sold brunt, whelan and bougherra represented a very small but joyous chapter in wednesday's recent history where watching them play didn't make me want to burn my out eyes out.

the sale of the sturrock (or turner) babes was the catalyst to my (now almost out of control) apathy towards the club.

we had some real gems in that side and a belief for a few months that we could turn people over with some decent football.

the period just before we sold brunt, whelan and bougherra represented a very small but joyous chapter in wednesday's recent history where watching them play didn't make me want to burn my out eyes out.

So true.

We had the base for a really good side at this level, but *shock horror* we sold them all within a year :(

A couple of decent signings in the summer, and we could of got ourselves near the play offs.

Even if Brunt was here now people would still moan about him.

He oozes quality.

And for a left winger to finish top goalscorer for a premiership team, it just shows what a threat he is.

I think that's it in a nutshell.

Might look lazy and not bothered for quite a lot of the time, but is premiership quality and will win you games on his own in ANY division including the premiership.

He'd still be getting 5 out of 10's from Wednesday fans if he had have stayed for not running everywhere in headless chicken-esque fashion like O'Connor and Varney do.

We didn't have any option but to sell him though, and £3 million was a good price given that he was out of contract that summer.

Even if Brunt was here now people would still moan about him.

He oozes quality.

And for a left winger to finish top goalscorer for a premiership team, it just shows what a threat he is.

Scored 8 iirc and wasn't a regular in the side