Waiting...

Here's a big shout out to all those "Wednesday fans" who are yet to renew their season tickets dependent on what division we are playing in next season. Here's a massive praise to all those who are crying out for a price deduction if we are playing League 1 football next year. Why should such loyal supporters pay more money if they aren't getting to see the super stars that the other Championship clubs will bring to Hillsborough??

Myself, I've already got my ticket on the South Stand for next year, I'm sure I'm what many of you would describe as a "mug" for wanting to support my club, for wanting to go and support my club regardless of the division we are in next season and YES, I go to watch Sheffield Wednesday first and foremost, it makes little difference to me whether the team we are playing in League 1 or the Championship, I guess supporting my club means more to me than it does to others who post on here but claim to be Sheffield Wednesday "supporters".

Anyhow, i'm sure many of you will disagree with this post, perhaps I'll even be called a "happy clapper" or asked to define what a "true fan" is, but unlike a lot of self proclaimed "true Sheffield Wednesday fans" who post on here, I will always pay what I can afford to see MY CLUB and support MY CLUB in any way I can. It's in my blood and it always will be!!

Whether or not a lot of "fans" who are now choosing to hide behind the usual excuses (I'm not going until the players start trying, i'm not going until we get investment, I'm not going until I know what division we're in next season, I'm not going until prices are lowered, blah, blah, blah...) or jump ship decide to continuing to follow the Owls is up to them, BUT at least I myself will be able to look back at the end of the season (regardless of where we finish) and say "I did everything I could to help MY CLUB stay in this division"!!! At least I'll be able to look myself in the mirror and say I didn't sit and squeel about having to watch League 1 players at Hillsborough rather than the "super stars" that other Championship clubs bring to Hillsborough every other week... at least I go to Hillsborough to watch MY CLUB!!!

WE'RE ALL WEDNESDAY AREN'T WE?? I know I am.

So I guess it's over to all those "true fans" out there who bang on about how much they love Sheffield Wednesday but won't commit to a season ticket next year because they won't pay the same money to watch League 1 teams at Hillsborough as they would Championship teams, all those "true fans" who go to watch the oppostion every other Saturday rather than their own football club... UP THE OWLS!!!

Here's a big shout out to all those "Wednesday fans" who are yet to renew their season tickets dependent on what division we are playing in next season. Here's a massive praise to all those who are crying out for a price deduction if we are playing League 1 football next year. Why should such loyal supporters pay more money if they aren't getting to see the super stars that the other Championship clubs will bring to Hillsborough??

Myself, I've already got my ticket on the South Stand for next year, I'm sure I'm what many of you would describe as a "mug" for wanting to support my club, for wanting to go and support my club regardless of the division we are in next season and YES, I go to watch Sheffield Wednesday first and foremost, it makes little difference to me whether the team we are playing in League 1 or the Championship, I guess supporting my club means more to me than it does to others who post on here but claim to be Sheffield Wednesday "supporters".

Anyhow, i'm sure many of you will disagree with this post, perhaps I'll even be called a "happy clapper" or asked to define what a "true fan" is, but unlike a lot of self proclaimed "true Sheffield Wednesday fans" who post on here, I will always pay what I can afford to see MY CLUB and support MY CLUB in any way I can. It's in my blood and it always will be!!

Whether or not a lot of "fans" who are now choosing to hide behind the usual excuses (I'm not going until the players start trying, i'm not going until we get investment, I'm not going until I know what division we're in next season, I'm not going until prices are lowered, blah, blah, blah...) or jump ship decide to continuing to follow the Owls is up to them, BUT at least I myself will be able to look back at the end of the season (regardless of where we finish) and say "I did everything I could to help MY CLUB stay in this division"!!! At least I'll be able to look myself in the mirror and say I didn't sit and squeel about having to watch League 1 players at Hillsborough rather than the "super stars" that other Championship clubs bring to Hillsborough every other week... at least I go to Hillsborough to watch MY CLUB!!!

WE'RE ALL WEDNESDAY AREN'T WE?? I know I am.

So I guess it's over to all those "true fans" out there who bang on about how much they love Sheffield Wednesday but won't commit to a season ticket next year because they won't pay the same money to watch League 1 teams at Hillsborough as they would Championship teams, all those "true fans" who go to watch the oppostion every other Saturday rather than their own football club... UP THE OWLS!!!

well done. . .

Guest bigblue

Bit of a strop never hurt anyone did it love.

It's worth bearing in mind that it fits some peoples budget better to purchase a bit later and that many folk are creatures of habit. Just because some haven't taken the plunge YET doesn't mean they won't.

You say "We're all Wednesday in the middle of a post with no other point than to chastise a good two thirds or more of the fanbase?!

Buying a season ticket early doesn't make you or anyone else a better fan, just one that the option to purchase early and at a lower rate happens to suit!

I know it sounds like I'm having a go, but I honestly don't mean to. I just thought I'd balance the thread up cos when all is said and done...

We're ALL Wednesday, aren't we?

UTO

Guest billsaja

Serious question, would the same people who are waiting to see which league we are in be waiting if we were in 5th and the prices were set at the 450ish I just paid to renew?

Would the same fans who were demanding their money back after Reading be willing to pay double if stuff Utd 5-0 in a couple of weeks?

Totally hear what Blue says, yes there are fans (me among them until earlier this week) who are conditioned to buy their STs in June, but it's a new age in football and time to move with the times.

Unless someone can honestly say that the procrastination over STs is anything other than being fairweather (waiting to see what league we are in to decide whether to be a truly dedicated fan) I still maintain that if we were in the promotion or even playoff places and STs were on sale at the current rates for next year, there would be an absolute stampede to buy them

As the OP says, supporting your club is not about what division you may or may not be in, it's about supporting your team. As long as the "creatures of habit" stick to their habits and renew anyway come June, no problem. If, however, we do go down (and I don't think we will) and STs drop to 12k, shame on the people who didn't renew just because we were playing a division below. Guess those were the "Cardiff and derby game" crowd.

Guest Aaron

I and others can't justify paying £300-£500 on something that is letting us down constantly. I admire your passion, but sometimes you have to take a stand against what is right.

We're a club that is having a bad season, then a good one. This is a bad one, so hopefully we're still in the CCC next season when we have a good one!

I and others can't justify paying £300-£500 on something that is letting us down constantly. I admire your passion, but sometimes you have to take a stand against what is right.

We're a club that is having a bad season, then a good one. This is a bad one, so hopefully we're still in the CCC next season when we have a good one!

Really? I remember one good son out of the last ten, promotion via play offs.

The rest have been crap.

this is the Wednesday way!! If you think it's ever going to be different to this then you have more faith than I have!

To be honest, I think I can remember 3 or 4 good seasons in 20 years supporting the owls. I've taken the plunge and bought a season ticket for next year. The first time in a long time actually, due to work and financial reasons. New job, no Saturday working and better salary mean't I could.

I'm really looking forward to it, no matter what league where in. (fingers crossed for the championship though)

uto

Guest intercity0wl

The rest have been crap.

Same can be said by supporters of most clubs to be honest though FG, think how long Rochdale supporters have had to watch basement league football before actualy seeing the success which looks likely this season.

The rest have been crap.

And did that stop buying season tickets? No!

I think people arent buying because....

A. They have no money

B. Wednesday have no money on spend on players now we are in the poo poo.

C. waiting to find out what league we will be in.

If DA was still here i think they would renew because they know he has money to spend. Now its a case of dealing with what we have which is enough to put anyone off going (Not my opinion but some on here)

Id rather be in this position money wise than increasing the debt which would of happen if DA was still in charge.

Same can be said by supporters of most clubs to be honest though FG, think how long Rochdale supporters have had to watch basement league football before actualy seeing the success which looks likely this season.

Indeed, but what crowds are Rochdale getting now as opposed to the past years of being poo poo?

And did that stop buying season tickets? No!

I think people arent buying because....

A. They have no money

B. Wednesday have no money on spend on players now we are in the poo poo.

C. waiting to find out what league we will be in.

If DA was still here i think they would renew because they know he has money to spend. Now its a case of dealing with what we have which is enough to put anyone off going (Not my opinion but some on here)

Id rather be in this position money wise than increasing the debt which would of happen if DA was still in charge.

I don't think having DA in charge would make people buy. Considering this incentive probably wouldn't exist if he were here, and his past record of media skills, we'd be in a worse position than we are now.

Perhaps its the fact that 10 years of being poo is beginning to take its toll. Averaging over 20000 during this period has been phenomenal. But where do you draw the line? I know we're Wednesday forever and most needed now, but we've been needed for the past ten years and always turned up.

Its bordering on the mentally disturbing. Its like having a bird, lavishing attention on her every day, spending money on her every week for ten years, every now and again she dresses up and let's you squeeze her ***, but the rest of the time she doesn't give a poo poo. For ten years. And just when she's looking her worse, her parents are asking you to spend money on her on the promise she might look alright in a few months time.

Insane I tells ya.

support my club regardless of the division we are in next season and YES, I go to watch Sheffield Wednesday first and foremost, it makes little difference to me whether the team we are playing in League 1 or the Championship,

----------------------------

I completley agree with the original post, in particular the above coment. Its Sheffield Wednesday I`m bothered about and nothing else (ok, I quite like the berres pork sarnies as well) Sticking with a similar theme it has always narked me when we introduce category match ticket prices for different oppositon, we should all be wanting to see the Owls, not be tempted by the opposition

Guest martynowl

me and my son have renewed ours got mine on finance by the time the season kicks off it will nearly be paid for would not like to see us go down but i will watch my team where ever they are

UTO