Wednesdayite

Emails have been sent out regularly - the last one was a couple of weeks ago advertising the discussion meeting with LS and the one before that was about the Phil King Charity event.

If you are not receiving the emails please pm me with your current email address.

We haven't issued printed newsletters for some time - instead we now have a page in the SWFC match day programm which is posted on our website after each match along with other information.

JG

Thanks John, didnt know about the printed newsletter ending, I got the other emails it was the newsletter I wondered about.

Emails have been sent out regularly - the last one was a couple of weeks ago advertising the discussion meeting with LS and the one before that was about the Phil King Charity event.

If you are not receiving the emails please pm me with your current email address.

We haven't issued printed newsletters for some time - instead we now have a page in the SWFC match day programm which is posted on our website after each match along with other information.

JG

The point is though there doesnt seem to be much practical stuff coming out of W'ite and there doesnt seem to be any attempt to correct the misconceptions that were propagated during DA time.

Here we sit with ideas for funding loan player flowing from fans and no-one is running with them.

Surely in this new era of togetherness the Club and W'ite should be taking a look at these and W'ite should be facilitating the implementation of some of the more feasible ideas.

Instead it just seem that we are just drifting along and waiting to see where the current takes us.

Why do people continually insist that getting loan players is the way forward when we are not teaching any players how to play good football? Why bother getting another 2 or 3 Soares type players i.e. players who have made little impact on the team? When was the last time we brought in a loan player who as made an impact on the team? Kenwyne Jones? Lately, the problem has not been which players we field but how we play the game. We need to teach the players we already have how to play football but that is not happened nor has it happened for the last 5 years.

Why do people continually insist that getting loan players is the way forward when we are not teaching any players how to play good football? Why bother getting another 2 or 3 Soares type players i.e. players who have made little impact on the team? When was the last time we brought in a loan player who as made an impact on the team? Kenwyne Jones? Lately, the problem has not been which players we field but how we play the game. We need to teach the players we already have how to play football but that is not happened nor has it happened for the last 5 years.

Frank Songo'o

Michael Johnson

Steve Watson

Graham Kavanagh

Bartosz Slusarski

... to name a few off the top of my head...

Guest bartos

I joined when I bought my season ticket this year.

Truly, it has been a complete waste of a fiver.

This... If anything I thought I'd at least get my worth from the car park, reduction from £5 to £3. It's now £4 so I just don't bother

Wouldn't have a clue what the other benefits are or what my contribution has driven

This... If anything I thought I'd at least get my worth from the car park, reduction from £5 to £3. It's now £4 so I just don't bother

Wouldn't have a clue what the other benefits are or what my contribution has driven

Serious question:

Do you see Wednesdayite as a fan club type organisation - the kind of thing where you pay your money and receive a membership card, a few newsletters each year and a birthday card?

Or do you see it as an organisation that essentially relies on the input of its membership to achieve its goals, and where its goals are set by the membership?

As usual, my colleagues on the Wednesdayite board will be 'on duty' and very busy in several practical ways before the match on Saturday.

They will be:

- operating the car park (note: you only have to use it 5 times during the season to recover your membership subscription);

- distributing Smile Tickets having done all the liaison work with the SCH and other organisations during the week;

- Taking bookings for the Wednesdayite Away coach;

- working on a 'special' this week of sorting out the buckets and volunteers for the Help for Heroes collection at the match.

I have the 'soft job' of opening up the Wednesdayite Lounge at the Niagara as usual at noon tomorrow.

I'm quite happy to listen to your views and concerns and to try to answer your questions if you would like to come along.

CTO

pm me with your email and I will try to answer your questions directly

John

I joined years ago. Membership ended.

Joined again when I signed up in the "forward together" era.

Not heard from them since. Not an email. Letter. Anything.

I want them to keep me, as a member, up to date on everything that is happening at S6.

I receive regular emails

Although Wednedayite has gone downhill somewhat since i left the board :biggrin:

Only kidding John . :rolleyes:

Guest Deleted member

I want them to keep me, as a member, up to date on everything that is happening at S6.

They have a regularly updated website?

regular emails are sent out, please pm me your details and I will check them to ensure we have your correct details.

Can you access www.wednesdayite.com as we have some DNS issues still?

Edited by pahowl

Guest fatowl1967

regular emails are sent out, please pm me your details and I will check them to ensure we have your correct details.

Can you access www.wednesdayite.com as we have some DNS issues still?

i can't access the website. haven't been able to for a long time

Personally I dont know what more Wednesdayite can do ( Yes I am a member and therefore bias ). I think that we as a fan base are behind the current board having seen the progress off field.

The team is crap but there is not a lot Wednesdayite can do about that.

Finally if you are a member of wednesdayite and dont like what wednesdayite does , stand up be counted and volunteer to change things. Or shut the flip up.