Wednesdayite

What is Wedneasdayite's role in the new era?

They seem no longer to be the check and balance that was needed during the previous era, no longer the lone voice shouting out for change.

We dont hear of W'ite anymore ether in Bad or good light. What has happened to all the good they were doing. It's as though the opinion that most fans held, that W'ite were just a political organization, were true.

So with everything that is happening now should W'ite be contributing more than what they are?

IMO W'ite should be at the forefront of organizing and co-ordination efforts to raise money to fund a few loan players that might help to keep us in the CCC.

Here is an opportunity for W'ite to shed the image of Political want a be's and gain some respect as an Fans organsiation that can work closely with the club for the benefit of all.

There are several thread on here and other board with ideas but no-one is taking them and running with them.

For me W'ite should be the one to pick this up and run like hell with it.

Unfortunately for me W'ite have not been the same since Daz left and seems to have gone down hill rapidly.

Any democratic organisation is only as good as it's members, surely the real question should be 'What (in your opinion) should Wednesdayite be doing that it currently isn't?'

They are a nothing organisation now. A car park and smile tickets, that's it.

Why aren't they involved in the investment process? As a democratic organisation we have a stake in this and thus a responsibility to report to its members??

What is Wedneasdayite's role in the new era?

They seem no longer to be the check and balance that was needed during the previous era, no longer the lone voice shouting out for change.

We dont hear of W'ite anymore ether in Bad or good light. What has happened to all the good they were doing. It's as though the opinion that most fans held, that W'ite were just a political organization, were true.

So with everything that is happening now should W'ite be contributing more than what they are?

IMO W'ite should be at the forefront of organizing and co-ordination efforts to raise money to fund a few loan players that might help to keep us in the CCC.

Here is an opportunity for W'ite to shed the image of Political want a be's and gain some respect as an Fans organsiation that can work closely with the club for the benefit of all.

There are several thread on here and other board with ideas but no-one is taking them and running with them.

For me W'ite should be the one to pick this up and run like hell with it.

Unfortunately for me W'ite have not been the same since Daz left and seems to have gone down hill rapidly.

I believe strongly that every football club should have a strong and independent fans association – providing the means for fans to have a collective voice heard by the club, but also to provide the check and balance that you refer to. For me, irrespective of whether the association and its members are generally happy with the way the club is being run, the ability to bring the club to task when necessary should be maintained.

In my opinion the strength of any fan’s association will always lie with its members. You can have the strongest possible executive / leadership committee, but if the fans / membership don’t engage then how can the executive act on their behalf?

Whilst I firmly believe that Wednesdayite’s role should adapt to changing circumstances, and I appreciate where the executive currently stands on this, I also believe that it still has significant part to play in the progress of our club over the next few years.

I am aware of some of the good work that they do, but not everything. And I agree with you that it perhaps should be more vocal, more visible, although I do understand that improving communications is something that is currently being addressed.

I am aware that there are elections scheduled for around early summer, I would suggest that if you feel strongly enough you should get involved, but I appreciate that might not be possible given your location!

One thing I do agree with the Chairman on is that I believe every Wednesdayite should be a member of Wednesdayite. I know this will never happen, but it would nice to think that the organisation could reach out to and engage a much wider proportion of the fan base over the coming years.

Rob, I agree that W'ite should always remain Independent of the Club.

Equally though they should not remain dormant when all seems well with the Running of the club.

W'ite need to improve their image to the vast majority of fans.

What would be better than getting enough money to help save us from the Drop.

Serious question - why did you join and what do you want Wednesdayite to be / stand for?

I joined years ago. Membership ended.

Joined again when I signed up in the "forward together" era.

Not heard from them since. Not an email. Letter. Anything.

I want them to keep me, as a member, up to date on everything that is happening at S6.

The chairman stated last week at the fans forum that they were in regular contact with the club, the focus is on getting better facilities for fans and that they will seek to raise money through the squad builder fund for a loan player.

They are not involved in the investment process as this is between the bank and the investors, like all other shareholders they will only get involved if their is a bid for their shares.

The chairman stated last week at the fans forum that they were in regular contact with the club, the focus is on getting better facilities for fans and that they will seek to raise money through the squad builder fund for a loan player.

They are not involved in the investment process as this is between the bank and the investors, like all other shareholders they will only get involved if their is a bid for their shares.

So when will all this be coming out in an official format, email etc?

Talk is not going to get a loan player is it.

There in is the problem. W'ite have degenerated into Hot air.

Rob, I agree that W'ite should always remain Independent of the Club.

Equally though they should not remain dormant when all seems well with the Running of the club.

W'ite need to improve their image to the vast majority of fans.

What would be better than getting enough money to help save us from the Drop.

Whilst they probably are in a political sense, I can’t really comment as to whether they are actually dormant or not at this time. Although my (semi-informed) perception is that they do have regular dialogue with the club.

Communication does appear to be a weak area for Wednesdayite at the moment, though as I mentioned before I understand that the executive are aware of this and are addressing it.

Improved communications will no doubt bring about an improvement in the association’s image – which I would agree needs to be improved in the eyes of a great many fans, even if this is merely dispelling the misconceptions of what Wednesdayite actually stands for and what it does.

I’m not sure how successful any funding raising efforts would be at this time, particularly as fans are already being asked by the club to dig deep into their pockets during what are difficult times for a great many fans.

I joined years ago. Membership ended.

Joined again when I signed up in the "forward together" era.

Not heard from them since. Not an email. Letter. Anything.

I want them to keep me, as a member, up to date on everything that is happening at S6.

Like you I joined a year ago.

I have a strong affinity with fans associations and believe they are a vital part of every club. For reasons I won’t bore you with being a member of Wednesdayite is something that is very important to me.

I’m surprised you’ve not heard anything from them though. I’ve had quite a few general emails, plus ones relating to volunteering – which I put my name down for last year. They do have your email address – don’t they?!

As I’ve mentioned elsewhere, communications is an area that I understand they are addressing, but I dare suggest that you will only get as much out of an organisation as you put in.

true, not had a newsletter emailed for some time.

Emails have been sent out regularly - the last one was a couple of weeks ago advertising the discussion meeting with LS and the one before that was about the Phil King Charity event.

If you are not receiving the emails please pm me with your current email address.

We haven't issued printed newsletters for some time - instead we now have a page in the SWFC match day programm which is posted on our website after each match along with other information.

JG