Liverpool Vs Wednesday

Quick question, when did we beat Liverpool on their own turf?...im sure it was 1-0 and i think it was Guy Whittingham who scored (correct me if im wrong) Cant seem to find it on google anywhere.....or youtube for that matter. UTO

Guest mozzyblue

I was at that game.

I'm 6ft 5 and I was on the very back row. The roof was so low I had to bend down all game to see the match!!!

Worth the cricked neck though!

Yep, if I remember rightly as well on MOTD they said Atherton even followed him off the pitch when he got subbed.

Phew....my memory does work!

I seem to remember being sat about half-way up and to the right of the goal that day.

Guest 1.8.6.7

Didn't Imre Varadi score in a match from the 1980s ?

My friend Dave went on an official coach, it was his first away match, he got left behind and ended up in Stanley Park where they ambushed him and slashed his back.

UP THE WEDNESDAY

First season back up. Varadi saw Grobbalar out of his net and put it in from 30 yards. We won 2-1 that day with Shelton getting the other.

Pressman was amazing this game, save after save. It was the game after Blinker was accused of signing for some Italian team as well as us or did I imagine that?

We had some good chances ourselves, didn't we ?!

And Atherton got booked early on, but still did a great job on McManaman

Guest WaddleIsALegend

Yep, if I remember rightly as well on MOTD they said Atherton even followed him off the pitch when he got subbed.

I think the Atherton year we got unlucky and lost 1-0 to a Collymore goal. Atherton did mark the "football cosultant" out of the game though.

My friend Dave went on an official coach, it was his first away match, he got left behind and ended up in Stanley Park where they ambushed him and slashed his back.

UP THE WEDNESDAY

:laugh: