has nobody realised yet

Guest brockowl

Guest brockowl

That unless we buy season tickets things wont improve. To get better players into the club we need to up the football budget, this is achieved by people buying season tickets.

Numerous people have stated that they are not going to Hillsborough unitl there is Investment. To those people I will say why should someone invest in your Football Club when you wont do it yourself.

AND BEFORE ANY ONE ASKS YES I HAVE PURCHASED A SEASON TICKET AND FEEL THAT THROUGH THE 0% FINANCE I HAVE VERY GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY AND AM DELIGHTED TO BE SUPPORTING MY TEAM.

That unless we buy season tickets things wont improve. To get better players into the club we need to up the football budget, this is achieved by people buying season tickets.

Numerous people have stated that they are not going to Hillsborough unitl there is Investment. To those people I will say why should someone invest in your Football Club when you wont do it yourself.

AND BEFORE ANY ONE ASKS YES I HAVE PURCHASED A SEASON TICKET AND FEEL THAT THROUGH THE 0% FINANCE I HAVE VERY GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY AND AM DELIGHTED TO BE SUPPORTING MY TEAM.

Bit off topic, but aren't you the nobhead that kept telling us Shaun McAuley was the new manager and we were going into admin?

BECAUSE WE WERE TOLD THAT LAST SUMMER AND LOOK WHERE WE ARE > NOW STOP SHOUTING!!!

Have you not realised yet that no matter how many times this drum gets banged, fans are still not willing to invest in their club.

Sad as it is, for the stubborn majority they will take a lot more persuading. They obviously have underlying reasons why they have not yet committed to what Lee is trying to achieve. Trying to look from their eyes, I can only see the below as reasons why they are not getting behind the club.....

* Mistrust of the club still (aren't all of the board members from the old regime still very much part of the furniture)

* Will not (again, I know it is wrong) pay to watch the standard of football we play / attitude of the players

* Will not pay to watch league one football

* More financial difficulties in Sheffield at present than imagined

* Waiting for investment as they see it as... I aint paying for that until things get better

* Seeing the club just go in endless cycles

* Apathy from the previous years of poo (will take a lot of turning these opinions back for the good of the club)

Brockowl today...

Brockowl 20th Feb...

Lee just leave please all these promises of this and that and nothing. we would be better off in adminstration. Supporters are not going to turn up in the numbers that you require. You keep trying to sell a product that doesnt exist you have not got one

:blink:

No surely not, you would have thought that Lee Strafford would have mentioned this if it was the case.

Guest brockowl

we all say things in the heat of the moment. Yes I have been more frustrated than most, but I want to see Wednesday progress and the only way this will happen is for us to back are club.

BECAUSE WE WERE TOLD THAT LAST SUMMER AND LOOK WHERE WE ARE > NOW STOP SHOUTING!!!

AND THE MANAGER THAT FECKED UP WITH LAST SUMMERS INCREASED BUDGET HAS BEEN REPLACED > NOW STOP MAKING LAME EXCUSES!!! :biggrin:

Edited by Donny

Guest triple j

Oh F*ck off.

I agree, Lee did say all the championship would be cutting their cloth last summer and he said last night that they are going to all be cutting their cloth from this summer onwards, but can you blame him ? Makes us feel as though we have a better chance.

You can't blame him for this season, the budget WAS increased, but look what Mr Incompetent did with it

That is not Lee's fault

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz.

So you work for Zebra Finance then? Hoping to get the extra charges?

DFS have a similar scheme going only the product lasts longer

Guest Sheff Owl

I think if most of the poo that are here now are here next season i don't think people will bother - clearout needed.

Have you not realised yet that no matter how many times this drum gets banged, fans are still not willing to invest in their club.

Sad as it is, for the stubborn majority they will take a lot more persuading. They obviously have underlying reasons why they have not yet committed to what Lee is trying to achieve. Trying to look from their eyes, I can only see the below as reasons why they are not getting behind the club.....

* Mistrust of the club still (aren't all of the board members from the old regime still very much part of the furniture)

* Will not (again, I know it is wrong) pay to watch the standard of football we play / attitude of the players

* Will not pay to watch league one football

* More financial difficulties in Sheffield at present than imagined

* Waiting for investment as they see it as... I aint paying for that until things get better

* Seeing the club just go in endless cycles

* Apathy from the previous years of poo (will take a lot of turning these opinions back for the good of the club)

To add to the above...

A transparent system has now been put in place at S6 wherein the money we put into the Club through ticket sales goes to the player budget. We KNOW this. Unlike in previous regimes, where we have blindly put our cash into the coffers of Sheffield Wednesday and had no real clue where that money was going, we now have an open policy at the Club and can (IMO) fully trust that when we put money in through buying match tickets, the revenue will go where we are told it will go.

We saw this in action last summer. We may not have hit the ST target set, but we increased ST sales, and thus the player budget increased...just as we were told it would do. A portion of that money was used to renew the long term contracts of certain players who had become important first team players in our team.

Unfortunately, the other portion of that increased budget went on 'marque' signings to improve the side...two of whom have had nothing like the impact any of us hoped or expected. Darren Purse, i'm sure by his own admission, was abysmal for the first third of the season, and Tommy Miller has hardly kicked a ball.

To put the process in a simple form of 'A --> B --> C', we put our money in at A, it goes to B, and the result is C. Currently, we've seen that A and B work, just as we were told they would. That's transparency for you. But for the time being, the living example we have of part C in process (and arguably the most important part of the whole process itself) is the likes of Purse and Miller, and being in the bottom 3 as of March.

There's not a lot LS can do to change that unfortunately, and so for now he needs to keep banging that drum, as do we all. It's not his fault, nor is it ours. LS didn't choose where the money was spent, and neither did we. We put our trust in BL's judgement, and unfortunately it didn't pay off...and in the end it resulted in BL losing his job. But until the fanbase sees the money they put in resulting in better quality players coming in, and results on the pitch being positively influenced as a result, then the upward spiral of 'fan investment = improvement on the pitch = more fan investment' won't take off on it's own.

I'm not saying that fans won't buy tickets at all until we start winning games, but the numbers we all know we're capable of won't start appearing on a regular basis, FREELY, and without a major push in the right direction every week, until we have some real life, 'in the flesh' examples of part C of the process actually working in action.

So for now, we all need to keep banging away on that drum. And remember Lee, in the words of Eric Cartman...

"You don't hit a drum! You gotta beat the **** out of it!"

Why hasn't anyone tried to get this message across to Wednesday supporters before? :ph34r: