Starting XI v Leicester

Guest bigblue

Guest barrybanned

Fat bloke in the pub told me JJ won't be fit for the game so looks like Big Al will tearing his silver locks out again !

If so - Miller instead.

Guest bigblue

E E has had more than enough chances. How many more do you think he deserves??? He is a luxury no good for nothing player living off the Rochdale cup goal . Contributing very little application or effort to any game . ( This reads a bit like my old school report ). Sooner he 's out of contract the better. A I needs triers and footballers who are prepared to bust a gut to help maintain Championship status.

I've not seen him play as part of a front 3, given a free role or in behind a front 1 or 2 - so one! One chance in such a position would be great, two or three would be even better. What've we got to lose, we're going down anyway?!!

Bit harsh on JOC that. If that was the type of midfielder he was, then fair enough. But he is a ball winner, hes not a box to box, glenn whelan style player. Hes doing the job he was signed to do.

Hes been one of the few that doesnt deserve to be dropped.

But that is the point. He is a ball winner who never wins any balls.

Always arrives just after the ball has moved on somewhere else cos he ain't fast enough or strong enough.

and Whelan ain't a box to box player either. Mobility is the weakest part of his game.

Guest billsaja

Always arrives just after the ball has moved on somewhere else cos he ain't fast enough or strong enough.

and Whelan ain't a box to box player either. Mobility is the weakest part of his game.

JOC has what we need right now though - a bit of stomach for a fight.....

Three tough games coming up, draws would be good results, nothing wrong with a limited role player willing to run around and get stuck in IMHO

I agree - tackling, passing and moving into space - attributes of a CM (or any player at that) that are sadly lacking in JOC. A dire trier at best - but at least he tries, unlike so many others we have.

Guest billsaja

If they are fit I've a feeling the manager may play JJ up front with Jeffers with perhaps Varney or Tudgay wide

Wonder if someone could persuade Jeffers that if he gets his act together, gets on a run, there's enough games left for him to either put himself in the shop window or at least help keep this club up.

The lad has some quality, but we need it now more than ever and whether he does it for selfish reasons or not, 6 or 7 goals from him between now and the end of the season would make a world of difference and might ensure he is playing in at least the CCC next year.

JOC has what we need right now though - a bit of stomach for a fight.....

Three tough games coming up, draws would be good results, nothing wrong with a limited role player willing to run around and get stuck in IMHO

Draws are no good after dropping 9 points against Relegation rivals.

We need AT LEAST 6 wins out of the remaining games.

Guest billsaja

Draws are no good after dropping 9 points against Relegation rivals.

We need AT LEAST 6 wins out of the remaining games.

Sadly don't see any wins in the next three though, though this league..................

Honestly if we got 4 pts out of Leicester, WBA and Swansea I'd probably have to say "decent job". 3 points would be OK, 2 or less a disaster and might have to revise my current firm belief that we're going to stay up (at Palace's expense).

Sadly don't see any wins in the next three though, though this league..................

Honestly if we got 4 pts out of Leicester, WBA and Swansea I'd probably have to say "decent job". 3 points would be OK, 2 or less a disaster and might have to revise my current firm belief that we're going to stay up (at Palace's expense).

Yep, 4 points out of those three would be a solid result. Anything less than that, and our fate would be close to sealed

Yep, 4 points out of those three would be a solid result. Anything less than that, and our fate would be close to sealed

Tend to agree with most you post, but on this I can't agree

I think this mini run will be the toughest we have.

I have said before, these next 3 games are not where I see us picking up the necessary points.

For me, the points come...... Preston away (Al's old stomping ground), Derby and Watford at home, point away at Cov, beat Bristol at home, QRP away, draw in the Sheffield Derby, then beat Palace on final day of season

The next 3 are always going to be difficult against teams in the top 5 or 6

Guest Sheff Owl

As long as flipping Potter is on the bench. Let's give Miller a go.

Potter has had enough time now and offered flip all.

Bonus if JJ is fit he HAS to play.

Soares & Clarke should never put a Wednesday shirt again for me!

Add Esajas to that list too....

We've at least 4 players a week who fail to make the grade, not always the same 4 but these 3 are often in the list if / when they play.com

Guest Sheff Owl

We've at least 4 players a week who fail to make the grade, not always the same 4 but these 3 are often in the list if / when they play.com

And it's these player's that need shipping out at the end of the season not saying they is'nt more but flip me going into next season with these is just heading into another poo season.

Guest bigblue

As a left sided midfielder being asked to cover for the deficiencies of our full backs and playing once in every ten games but expected to somehow gel instantly with the team - yep, no point having him at the club!

Give him a free role, a three man midfield behind him and a run of games - worth a go IMHO!

Like I say, we're going down anyway, so we might as well at least attempt to score one goal before the end of the season by playing the only player we have with the ability to kick a ball.

Tend to agree with most you post, but on this I can't agree

I think this mini run will be the toughest we have.

I have said before, these next 3 games are not where I see us picking up the necessary points.

For me, the points come...... Preston away (Al's old stomping ground), Derby and Watford at home, point away at Cov, beat Bristol at home, QRP away, draw in the Sheffield Derby, then beat Palace on final day of season

The next 3 are always going to be difficult against teams in the top 5 or 6

Fair enough, just worried that teams around us who have a somewhat easier 3 games ahead of them might pick up a few more points, and as a result, just get that momentum they need. But yeah, maybe saying our fate is sealed was a little over the top, but if we don't get more than say 3 points out of them, those games you mention are a invaluable to our survival.