18k Sold for Leicester

Guest bigandy

Guest thetruthisoutthere

Leicester ticket sales approaching 18,000

Posted on: Wed 03 Mar 2010

Sheffield Wednesday's ticket sales for the game against Leicester City on Saturday were just below 18,000 as of Wednesday lunchtime (March 3).

Leicester have so far sold 2,700 away tickets for this match, which pits former Owls captain, Nigel Pearson against his former club as manager of the fifth-placed Foxes.

It is the next instalment of Wednesday's crucial run-in, with the sole aim to beat the drop between now and May 2.

With just six home games between now and the end of 2009/10 you can play a big part in helping the Owls over the line.

Probably about 21k there on saturday I reckon

Traditionally we sell quite a lot of tickets on thursday/friday before the game (1k to 6k depending on oposition) a further 2k to 3k pay on the gate........i predict 23,800 for this one

Guest owls_4_life

we just lost 5-0, and the 2 before that

Is anyone really suprised? A win or 2 and another couple of thousand will come back.

Less people there to get on their backs may help our team right now...

strange but true

Considering how we're playing that's bluddy marvelous

This

To average 20,000 after the last 10 years and in our position is astounding!

I don't believe ANY other supporters have had a worse decade. Leeds?? No chance, in that period they've been to a European Cup semi, been top of the league and even now had good cup runs and massive media coverage. Newcastle?? One relegation, otherwise, Europe, England centre forwards, and muliti millions spent on the ground and players.

We have definetly had the worst decade and just at the time neighbours of ours have had it good, United, Barnsley and Ryan backed Doncaster.

20,000 is phenomenal and outside investors should look at our loyalty and drool.

Even after all the heartache, get down to Hillsborough and cheer for your club.

I think it was summer 2008, a report was published which ranked the 92 football league teams against their resources (whatever that means exactly) since the start of the Premiership. Wednesday came in at an impressive 92nd place.

Think that proves we've had it worse than anyone else comparitively.

Donny came top.

Can't make match off to brummy to see the mighty phonics.

Why not watch the phonics at the arena on Tuesday and spend Saturday afternoon where it should be spent?

Guest Stereophonics

Why not watch the phonics at the arena on Tuesday and spend Saturday afternoon where it should be spent?

I am going to the arena as well.

Gutted about missing the match really, not got a s/t but first home game i'll have missed for a while.

Guest gozhawk

To average 20,000 after the last 10 years and in our position is astounding!

I don't believe ANY other supporters have had a worse decade. Leeds?? No chance, in that period they've been to a European Cup semi, been top of the league and even now had good cup runs and massive media coverage. Newcastle?? One relegation, otherwise, Europe, England centre forwards, and muliti millions spent on the ground and players.

We have definetly had the worst decade and just at the time neighbours of ours have had it good, United, Barnsley and Ryan backed Doncaster.

20,000 is phenomenal and outside investors should look at our loyalty and drool.

Even after all the heartache, get down to Hillsborough and cheer for your club.

Top post that man.