Saturday becomes just another working day

Sadly for Wednesday fans it seems we now work 6 days a week.

Football used to be an outlet for the frustration that built up from Monday through Friday, now it seems if you follow the blue and white, Saturday can be just as much a trial as the other 5 days, and Sunday is set aside for recrimination, rather than languidly browsing the Sunday papers.

How in the name of **** has this come to pass?

I'm buying my season ticket tomorrow, i don't know which league we will be in, and honestly fear the worst, but hey ho..ive been there before like so many more of us, but it honestly feels like a job of work i have to do, rather than an escape from the normal workaday week.

I never thought following the Owls would become an obligation, sadly i now feel i'm visiting a fvckin' relative in the Northern, rather than tripping down Leppings Lane to howl the team on.

I blame no-one but meself for feeling this way, but if i feel this way and i'm a total muppet where Wednesday are concerned, what are your average take it or leave it Wednesday fans feeling like?

Lee Strafford has taken up the poisoned Chalice and ran with it, I feel obliged to follow on, and hold my end up, but that is not what being a football fan should be.

The players i have come to feel nothing but ridicule for, yet they seem to be able to amble along in this flipping saga taking no responsibility whatsoever,

THe fans get berated for not turning up in numbers...the fans are fvcked!..its sodding tiring..

I take on all the points about pulling together, despite the last 15 years and whatever, but ive been there, through it all..and i'm ever so flipping weary of it.

THe one and only positive i take from the whole affair, is that WEdnesday, the board and the fans are trying to do it the right way.

Going into Administration would be the easy way out, many clubs have taken this route, some more than once, I'm proud that The Wednesday seem to soldier on and try to do it the right way, thats one of the things that keeps me going, we retain both our history and integrity .

Its all beginning to take its toll, and investors in my eyes , rather than being the saviours of a football club that wears its heart on its sleeve, supporters who have turned up for years to watch dross...hover now like vultures , circling a near corpse, that needs only a bloody drink.

We play Leicester on Saturday, a club that took the easy way out, and now sit above us, not on merit, but on being able to play with finance rather than a football.

If there is any justice at all...we should get 8!

Fookin' come on Wednesday!!!...the players need to come to the party..every other fvcker from board through to fans are trying like hell to do their part....forget the booing, the catcalls ..deal with it...like we are having to deal with this mess of a season...

WE cannot afford to go down and let the hyenas snap at the corpse..if you want Sheffield Wednesday..pay for the fvcker!,

WE have to hold on for the next 12 or so games....every bugger has to go for it

lets get Saturday back to a bloody day off....

3 weeks agi we were hyped up and convinced the great escape had happened.

Its a crazy league - realistically, everyone outside the top 10 is still in this dogfight.

Couple of good results didnt mean job done. Likewise, a couple of bad results dont mean game over.

I cant remember too many times at S6 when it HASNT been like this...

3 weeks agi we were hyped up and convinced the great escape had happened.

Its a crazy league - realistically, everyone outside the top 10 is still in this dogfight.

Couple of good results didnt mean job done. Likewise, a couple of bad results dont mean game over.

I cant remember too many times at S6 when it HASNT been like this...

93/94?

:mellow:

I never thought following the Owls would become an obligation, sadly i now feel i'm visiting a fvckin' relative in the Northern, rather than tripping down Leppings Lane to howl the team on.

That's a great analogy, that's exactly how its felt of late. But as long as we keep visiting the old fella I'm sure he will be back on his feet before long so we can enjoy the good times again.

See you all Saturday, and don't forget your grapes!

Edited by Tawny Owl

Guest geoffo

Well said original poster. Get rid of that frustration by shouting yourself horse at the match. It makes me calmer when I've shouted so much I can't physically speak anymore.

Sadly for Wednesday fans it seems we now work 6 days a week.

Football used to be an outlet for the frustration that built up from Monday through Friday, now it seems if you follow the blue and white, Saturday can be just as much a trial as the other 5 days, and Sunday is set aside for recrimination, rather than languidly browsing the Sunday papers.

How in the name of **** has this come to pass?

I'm buying my season ticket tomorrow, i don't know which league we will be in, and honestly fear the worst, but hey ho..ive been there before like so many more of us, but it honestly feels like a job of work i have to do, rather than an escape from the normal workaday week.

I blame no-one but meself for feeling this way, but if i feel this way and i'm a total muppet where Wednesday are concerned, what are your average take it or leave it Wednesday fans feeling like?

Lee Strafford has taken up the poisoned Chalice and ran with it, I feel obliged to follow on, and hold my end up, but that is not what being a football fan should be.

The players i have come to feel nothing but ridicule for, yet they seem to be able to amble along in this flipping saga taking no responsibility whatsoever,

THe fans get berated for not turning up in numbers...the fans are fvcked!..its sodding tiring..

I take on all the points about pulling together, despite the last 15 years and whatever, but ive been there, through it all..and i'm ever so flipping weary of it.

THe one and only positive i take from the whole affair, is that WEdnesday, the board and the fans are trying to do it the right way.

Going into Administration would be the easy way out, many clubs have taken this route, some more than once, I'm proud that The Wednesday seem to soldier on and try to do it the right way, thats one of the things that keeps me going, we retain both our history and integrity .

Its all beginning to take its toll, and investors in my eyes , rather than being the saviours of a football club that wears its heart on its sleeve, supporters who have turned up for years to watch dross...hover now like vultures , circling a near corpse, that needs only a bloody drink.

We play Leicester on Saturday, a club that took the easy way out, and now sit above us, not on merit, but on being able to play with finance rather than a football.

If there is any justice at all...we should get 8!

Fookin' come on Wednesday!!!...the players need to come to the party..every other fvcker from board through to fans are trying like hell to do their part....forget the booing, the catcalls ..deal with it...like we are having to deal with this mess of a season...

WE cannot afford to go down and let the hyenas snap at the corpse..if you want Sheffield Wednesday..pay for the fvcker!,

WE have to hold on for the next 12 or so games....every bugger has to go for it

lets get Saturday back to a bloody day off....

Top post Andy

Well said original poster. Get rid of that frustration by shouting yourself horse at the match. It makes me calmer when I've shouted so much I can't physically speak anymore.

I don't get stressed, I just say **** it and drive on, it don't mean anything. Every day is a day on the gravy train if you don't get people trying to kill you; all you have to do is get through the day and the world will turn.

Guest Deleted member

Neigh lad...

Top post Andy its EXACTLY how I feel about us right now

I already work 7 days a week.

Going to the match used to be seen as entertainment, as something to look forward to, and as a release from from the everyday 5hite.

Now it is worse than work, it is freezing, boring, infuriating and even heart-breaking.

But, as always - I will be there again this Saturday, then begin the healing process at work on Sunday morning.....